Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
And they're pretty loving dense or in serious denial when they say that none of Nintendo's franchises look like anime.

Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Zelda, F-Zero, Kirby, Metroid, Kid Icarus, they're all anime.

The only ones that can probably pass at the moment are just Mario and Donkey kong Country, but Wario has had his own anime so the lines are beginning to blur. No only that but the Mario and Dragon Quest cross over game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

theyre from japan all their cartoons look like anime so its kinda deceptive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime is literally just japanese cartoons

every nintendo franchise is anime

even mario is anime

donkey kong doesn't have much of an anime thing going but that's because most of its games were made by western devs.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
mother fucker

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

so you're agreeing with the taint reaper
even a blind man knows that the sky is blue

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
anime is good.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
i love nintendo and i love anime op

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

yeah there's a lot of good anime out there that everyone forgets about when some hosed-up idiot goes on about prepubescent little girls.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Soral
May 30, 2009

im a fan of nintendo

im not a fan of the taint reaper's posts

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral posted:

im a fan of nintendo

im not a fan of the taint reaper's posts

welp,

Soral posted:

punish me if i ever get taint reaped again :toxx:

you know what to do, zdr

Dec 26, 2012

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kirby actually is an anime but the others are more known for Western animation adaptations :eng101:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nintendo hasn't made or published a genuinely good/fresh video game in a long time so hopefully they do that again soon

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Who cares.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

CJacobs posted:

Nintendo hasn't made or published a genuinely good/fresh video game in a long time so hopefully they do that again soon

What are you talking about.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nintendo having not made or published a genuinely good/fresh video game in a long time

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Check out this Fresh Game with WACKY mechanics sure to be a laugh a minute riot for the whole family!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This game might be fun to play especially with friends on local but I'll be dammed if I play anything that's not Fresh like a Subway Sandwich

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

CJacobs posted:

Nintendo having not made or published a genuinely good/fresh video game in a long time

The Wii U and 3DS have been out for a while now, fellow gamer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

CJacobs posted:

you play borderlands

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
cjabocs i think u are forgetting that the wiiu has a shitton of good games (the only true next gen console) and it is legit my next purchase for the marios alone

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

they sure do, taint reaper

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

you play borderlands

hosed up

Dec 26, 2012

CJacobs posted:

smdh

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Nintendo's been the only one making fresh good games lately, noob

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Here's hopin that they make a fresh new, anime as hell F-Zero game

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Nasgate posted:

Here's hopin that they make a fresh new, anime as hell F-Zero game

it's a dating sim where you don't actually drive but the racers' performance is based on their feelings for you

Samurai Goroh is so tsundere, can you tame his wild heart and help him take the GP Cup?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Contra Calculus posted:

Nintendo's been the only one making fresh good games lately, noob

Well it's kinda expected that if a console has been out for three years that there should be games available on it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well it's kinda expected that if a console has been out for three years that there should be games available on it.

please dont be so mean to the ps3

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

you play borderlands

:flame:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

please dont be so mean to the ps3

*gazes over at shelf containing an entire row of award winning Bandai/Namco PS3 games*

Sir I believe you are mistaken

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
sure f-zero literally had an anime but it's clearly 60's comic books meet 80's pro wrestling when it comes to characters/story

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

hmm... you're wrong

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

sure f-zero literally had an anime but it's clearly 60's comic books meet 80's pro wrestling when it comes to characters/story
60s japanese comic books maybe

F-Zero is early Japanese sci-fi as gently caress. Just a bunch of random aliens wandering around that a big muscular dude gets to punch.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

The Taint Reaper posted:

*gazes over at shelf containing an entire row of award winning Bandai/Namco PS3 games*

Sir I believe you are mistaken

the last of us won two hundred game of the year awards

program666
Aug 22, 2013

what the hell with the anime hate? when I was young anime means that the authors could be more adult and use blood and violence in their cartoons, and it was pretty cool.
Also if you know a sci-fi anything better than the latest Ghost in the Shell series outside of books I really wanted you to show me. (Seriously I really do)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Whoa

I am very surprised that these characters animated in japan are indeed japanese animation

Mind loving blown son, well done.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

program666 posted:

what the hell with the anime hate? when I was young anime means that the authors could be more adult and use blood and violence in their cartoons, and it was pretty cool.
Also if you know a sci-fi anything better than the latest Ghost in the Shell series outside of books I really wanted you to show me. (Seriously I really do)

paprika, by satoshi kon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Effectronica posted:

paprika, by satoshi kon

thanks

• Locked thread