Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
New model is coming out bitches, but it's got new hardware on the inside that's gonna be required for future games like the DSi.

So it's a required upgrade rather than something that's strictly for vanity. Also 3.5 to 6 hour battery life.

Still no second analog stick, which is stupid.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
it isnt required you loving idiot, because like an adult im gameing on a console or PC

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i bought my mom a 3DS XL because she a true loving OG and needed to be able to see better to play tetris
gently caress off

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

it isnt required you loving idiot, because like an adult im gameing on a console or PC

All you do is get the leather protector for the 3DS so it looks like some super nitche portable device that very few people know of. Wear your Google Glass while playing it too so you look super busy and "plugged in".

Mobzy
Mar 22, 2010

I bought a 3DS XL and its value has gone up by £70. Gamers ftw!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
it'll be a year before any good games come out lol nintendo early adopters

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Durr durr I'm The Taint Reaper and I post stupid bullshit but not sources because they don't back up what I say.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/8/29/6082243/nintendo-new-3ds-and-3ds-xl-announcement

It would appear that it has a second analog stick, and the new hardware is needed for "some" titles which will probably mean "hardly any" if it's like other poo poo like this Nintendo's had in the past.

What is stupid is the limit on times you can transfer your 3ds data to a new device, which isn't new to this.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Durr durr I'm The Taint Reaper and I post stupid bullshit but not sources because they don't back up what I say.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/8/29/6082243/nintendo-new-3ds-and-3ds-xl-announcement

It would appear that it has a second analog stick, and the new hardware is needed for "some" titles which will probably mean "hardly any" if it's like other poo poo like this Nintendo's had in the past.

What is stupid is the limit on times you can transfer your 3ds data to a new device, which isn't new to this.

that little pissant button is not a second analog stick, that's what we call an abomination.

Seriously look how tiny it is compared to the main stick, it's like the tiny guy from total recall.

They're re-releasing Xenoblade Chronicles for this new 3DS though, I guess Xenoblade did it. it's the First non-poo poo new Nintendo console franchise since the N64.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
I bought a 3DS XL a few months ago and have hardly used it

lol @ me I guess :(

Biggie Shorty fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 29, 2014

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're re-releasing Xenoblade Chronicles for this new 3DS though, I guess Xenoblade did it. it's the First non-poo poo new Nintendo console franchise since the N64.
hold on, what

i'm being reaped again, aren't i

otherwise i guess i have to buy this new 3ds

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

hold on, what

i'm being reaped again, aren't i

otherwise i guess i have to buy this new 3ds

I would not loving Joke around with RPG releases, there are honorable limits that even I do not dare to cross.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

that little pissant button is not a second analog stick, that's what we call an abomination.

Seriously look how tiny it is compared to the main stick, it's like the tiny guy from total recall.

It doesn't need to be the same size as the other stick to be a stick or functional you disingenuous dipshit

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It doesn't need to be the same size as the other stick to be a stick or functional you disingenuous dipshit

It's way way way smaller, you ever used one of those little sensory nubs on a keyboard? it's going to function in the same way.

It's better to have two similary sized sticks just like the 3DS CC, Xbox 360 Controller, All the Dual Shocks, the Vita, etc.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

loving hell

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's way way way smaller, you ever used one of those little sensory nubs on a keyboard? it's going to function in the same way.

You have literally no way of knowing that. It's just as likely that it will function the same as the normal stick, just being scaled down

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You have literally no way of knowing that. It's just as likely that it will function the same as the normal stick, just being scaled down

it's an ease of comfort issue, and when you're 400 hours into monster hunter 4 it's going to become really apparent.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

if monster hunter 4 ultimate doesn't support the second "stick" i am going to be so mad at capcom

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

it's an ease of comfort issue, and when you're 400 hours into monster hunter 4 it's going to become really apparent.

Because you have played 400 hours of monster hunter 4 on this new thing and came from the future to tell us

Regardless, your original assertion, that there is no stick, is false and stupid. Maybe it is super lovely, and we will see when it comes or, but it is still a stick.

Stop posting stupid bullshit, The Taint Reaper.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i never upgraded to a 3ds xl so upgrading to new hardware some time next year sounds like a good deal for me!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh no this will be just like the dsi where i missed out on all the great dsi exclusive games like

shantae maybe

Dec 26, 2012

gently caress, he isnt kidding about xenoblade

Dec 26, 2012

oh well i probably dont have the patience to play that game a second time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Endorph posted:

oh no this will be just like the dsi where i missed out on all the great dsi exclusive games like

shantae maybe

http://store.steampowered.com/app/277890/

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Taint Reaper posted:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
so taint reater lolled at me after I got the DSi, 3DS, two 3DS XLs and I look forward to make him lol @me after I get the New 3DS XL

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

limaCAT posted:

so taint reater lolled at me after I got the DSi, 3DS, two 3DS XLs and I look forward to make him lol @me after I get the New 3DS XL

im lolling right now as his wife throws away his game boxes

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

elf help book posted:

the taint reaper is married
wat!? :pwn:

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
do people actually use portables on the go

like the only people ive ever seen playing a ds in public are kids

but all these goons own these so are they just using them in the home?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

the taint reaper's wife, the person he entered a life long commitment with, secretly throws away his video games at every opportunity

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

the taint reaper's wife, the person he entered a life long commitment with, secretly throws away his video games at every opportunity
taint reaper definitely deserves a life long commitment, i can tell you that much

Soral
May 30, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

koolkal posted:

do people actually use portables on the go

like the only people ive ever seen playing a ds in public are kids

but all these goons own these so are they just using them in the home?

The trick is to use them in areas with a high density of adult nintendo gamers, like colleges and universities.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

taint reaper recently bought a bunch of copies of a jonas brothers ds game because they were cheap

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

divorce material right there

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

qnqnx posted:

The trick is to use them in areas with a high density of adult nintendo gamers, like nurseries and daycare centers

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

elf help book posted:

so I'll make the sacrifice and bring happiness to his life by making him lol at my new 3DS ll, also because the new model has a loving front cart port so that I won't accidentally eject the cart anymore!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
taint status: reaped

• Locked thread