Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
headshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Famous TV Dad posted:

the taint reaper's wife, the person he entered a life long commitment with, secretly throws away his video games at every opportunity
he also thinks that she's cucking him, which is probably a very safe bet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

the reaper has become the reaped

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

the reaper has become the reaped
she's reaping somebody else's taint as we post

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

yikes

Dec 26, 2012

koolkal posted:

do people actually use portables on the go

like the only people ive ever seen playing a ds in public are kids

but all these goons own these so are they just using them in the home?

not like in general use, i already have enough poo poo in my pockets and bag and dont need more

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

correction to a previous post: i'm actually pretty sure Taint Reaper never said that he was being cucked. but all the same i'm sure it's happening to him

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I hate the stupid "word" "cucked"

that was my story I hope you liked it

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

haha op is some twigs wrapped in twine

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

LaTex Fetish posted:

hehe

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

LaTex Fetish posted:

A fasces

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
it took me a good 10s to get that

im so out of touch

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

koolkal posted:

it took me a good 10s to get that

im so out of touch

good news the upcoming New 3DS has a touch screen :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thats got axes in there and comes with a stooge to haul it around for you

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I still don't get what this pun means. Like are you calling me a fascist idgi.

Also that box story was something I paraphrased from a TLDR post from a guy who did youtube videos dressed up as a Mario guy.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I still don't get what this pun means. Like are you calling me a fascist idgi.

Also that box story was something I paraphrased from a TLDR post from a guy who did youtube videos dressed up as a Mario guy.

the letters o and p are replaced by a bundle of sticks

human being, faggots, or faggoting may refer to:

human being or fagot, branch or twig, or bundle of these

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I bought the Link Between Worlds XL so I am good The Taint Reaper.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

the letters o and p are replaced by a bundle of sticks

human being, faggots, or faggoting may refer to:

human being or fagot, branch or twig, or bundle of these

so the op is a bunch of sticks that doens't really make sense how did a bunch of sticks manage to post a thread on a forums ? ? ?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

here Taint Reaper, lemme make things a little easier for you to understand. this is what the guy who posted that image is saying:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Y-Hat posted:

here Taint Reaper, lemme make things a little easier for you to understand. this is what the guy who posted that image is saying:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

elf help book posted:

im lolling right now as his wife throws away his game boxes

Is Taint Reaper really Adam Sessler?!?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

the taint reaper's wife, the person he entered a life long commitment with, secretly throws away his video games at every opportunity

im having a hard time believing that the taint reaper is older than 13

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Commissar Ken posted:

Is Taint Reaper really Adam Sessler?!?

some people actually want to hear what the sess has to say

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

elf help book posted:

some people actually want to hear what the sess has to say

I don't know man, this evidence is kinda damning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBGTXDfQks

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I give this taint a 2... out of 5.

dendy crew
Jun 1, 2011

Dendy!, Dendy!, We love Dendy! Dendy - Everyone plays it!
will the new DS finally be useable as the primary controller for a nintendo home console or is that too good of an idea for nintendo to do

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Magic branches are op, always buy some before leaving the shop

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

dendy crew posted:

will the new DS finally be useable as the primary controller for a nintendo home console or is that too good of an idea for nintendo to do
they did this with the game boy advance and gamecube. i can count how many games took advantage of this on one hand

Soral
May 30, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

they did this with the game boy advance and gamecube. i can count how many games took advantage of this on one hand

but also you had to buy a $25 cable for each gba you wanted to hook up to your gamecube which is what really killed that idea

Dec 26, 2012

yeah if they could have something like that but with no bullshit and no accessories that would be incredibly good

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw2jT-GLOY0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

king of posts.

Dec 26, 2012

lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So lemme get this straight the system was released in 2011, had nothing worthwhile until around mid 2012 and in 2015 for America they're giving us a newer version of both the original size and the XL which has games that are not even compatable with the old one, most notably Xenoblade Chronicles. This is assuming that you kept the original tiny version and did not upgrade to the man-hands version that could not fit into your pocket unless you were a time traveler from the 90's and came in wearing those wide leg jeans.

and the system doesn't even look that different from the original and there are special edition versions of the original 3DS that look more varied than the upgraded version. Meanwhile the Gameboy advance lasted 7 years and even though it was revised into drastically different shapes every time, any model was still able to play all the games. The DS alone lasted 5 whole years before the 3ds came around and that poo poo still had games worth playing well after 2009.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 31, 2014

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

So lemme get this straight the system was released in 2011, had nothing worthwhile until around mid 2012 and in 2015 for America they're giving us a newer version of both the original size and the XL which has games that are not even compatable with the old one, most notably Xenoblade Chronicles. This is assuming that you kept the original tiny version and did not upgrade to the man-hands version that could not fit into your pocket unless you were a time traveler from the 90's and came in wearing those wide leg jeans.

and the system doesn't even look that different from the original and there are special edition versions of the original 3DS that look more varied than the upgraded version. Meanwhile the Gameboy advance lasted 7 years and even though it was revised into drastically different shapes every time, any model was still able to play all the games. The DS alone lasted 5 whole years before the 3ds came around and that poo poo still had games worth playing well after 2009.

its cool

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Yeah I'm saving my coupons for it because everyone is saying that Monster Hunter is more than likely going to wind up being merged with N3DS.

Costco usually has pretty good deals on handhelds when they get released.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im pissed the big one doesnt get faceplates

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I own:

Mario 3d world - pretty good
zelda - great
luigi mansion - pretty good
sticker star - pretty bad
Etrian Odyssey - there's like 30 of these and they're tedious as hell
Pokemon - obligatory

What, aside from more anime/jrpgs that I don't want to sit through, am I missing from the must have list of must have list of amazing 3ds games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm sure I'll end up buying the new one eventually, tbh I haven't touched my 3DS that much lately, been too busy with Wii U and PC Gaming.

• Locked thread