Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

I own:

Mario 3d world - pretty good
zelda - great
luigi mansion - pretty good
sticker star - pretty bad
Etrian Odyssey - there's like 30 of these and they're tedious as hell
Pokemon - obligatory

What, aside from more anime/jrpgs that I don't want to sit through, am I missing from the must have list of must have list of amazing 3ds games?

Supposedly Kid Icarus uprising is good but has real cumbersome controls. But the rest of the musthaves are all RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh i guess animal crossing was big too but i heard nobody plays it still.

3ds is cheap enough to warrant a purchase for 5 great games and i'm glad to have one but gameboys of the past had way more great titles and way less revisions.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

nintendo: loving us again? a special report

Real hurthling! posted:

What, aside from more anime/jrpgs that I don't want to sit through, am I missing from the must have list of must have list of amazing 3ds games?

eshop wise: pushmo/crashmo are pretty great puzzle platformers

regular games: get over that anime/jrpg phobia bullshit and just play fire emblem. it's good, you'll get into it.

Real hurthling! posted:

oh i guess animal crossing was big too but i heard nobody plays it still.

I thought I was I was done with it like 2 months after it came out but I just got back into it big. It's addicting.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I own:

zelda - great
Pokemon - obligatory

i sure as gently caress don't see kirby 3ds on that list

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

if you didn't play donkey kong country returns on the wii then get that because it's the best. also rusty's real deal baseball is actually a lot of fun and I think it's only $16 total if you buy every game. or you can just get cage match and feel the glove for like $1.60 each

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Y-Hat posted:

here Taint Reaper, lemme make things a little easier for you to understand. this is what the guy who posted that image is saying:

this did not get emptyquoted nearly enough

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

klapman posted:

this did not get emptyquoted nearly enough

Yeah, I know, right?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

here Taint Reaper, lemme make things a little easier for you to understand. this is what the guy who posted that image is saying:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Anime Device posted:

Yeah, I know, right?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I own:

zelda - great
Pokemon - obligatory

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy

Soral
May 30, 2009

romanowski posted:

if you didn't play donkey kong country returns on the wii then get that because it's the best. also rusty's real deal baseball is actually a lot of fun and I think it's only $16 total if you buy every game. or you can just get cage match and feel the glove for like $1.60 each

the 3ds version of donkey kong country returns is the better of the two versions and also its just a straight up good game so get it for 3ds if you never played it!!

Soral
May 30, 2009

also the benefit of playing it on 3ds is no bullshit motion controls, which was like the only negative point on dkcr's record

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh gently caress i forgot about fire emblem. i have it and beat it and no more anime relationship sims please, my thumb is still tired from skipping every line of dialog in that game.

Dec 26, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

oh gently caress i forgot about fire emblem.

understandable

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Real hurthling! posted:

oh gently caress i forgot about fire emblem. i have it and beat it and no more anime relationship sims please, my thumb is still tired from skipping every line of dialog in that game.

There's a start button.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i'm excited to get the new model

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Slur posted:

There's a start button.

it got worn away by clicking through too many donny death scenes before I realized he was not going to evolve into a worthwhile character.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

elf help book posted:

im pissed the big one doesnt get faceplates

Lol @ the idea of Nintendo killing its golden goose (collectible limited edition XLs).
(Initially however I too did think "oh yes, I can get two custom white faceplates on the xl and do a paintjob on it".)

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Soral posted:

the 3ds version of donkey kong country returns is the better of the two versions and also its just a straight up good game so get it for 3ds if you never played it!!

agreed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

it got worn away by clicking through too many donny death scenes before I realized he was not going to evolve into a worthwhile character.
if you get him to level 10 and use a second seal on him he becomes completely ridiculous

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Since my first 3ds purchase was a used XL I have no problem with this, OP

Mobile gaming is insanely popular back in Taiwan and I hear it's the same in other asian countries, beating out console gaming by a long shot. This is probably where this is coming from and why it's not a big deal from a business standpoint; the markets there will eat it the gently caress up.

Like, I see WAY more people with Vitas over there whenever I visit family than own consoles yet over here the vita is like dead or something. The 3DS/XL's are everywhere and I haven't seen a 2ds there at all.

People buy PC's for grindy MMO's from Aeria and the like and for Star craft stuff. The rest is handhelds and mobile, but the mobile games I've seen are mostly gaiden and not dedicated in the series.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

if you get him to level 10 and use a second seal on him he becomes completely ridiculous

yeah? my wife lied to me. loving donny

Soral
May 30, 2009

donnel is the most powerful fire emblem: awakening character, much like how gamers are the most powerful people.... if u give them the chance ......

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fredrick and anna are already OP out of the box. i coldly sacrificed him as a transport vehicle in a suicide assault for my main character to one shot a boss in fewer turns.

my wife also said he just becomes another stahl and I got enough stahl.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont know what the gently caress your wife was even talking about because donny can't even turn into a cavalier

also frederick's growths suck and since he's promoted he gains exp way slower than everyone else, you shouldn't use him too much, your characters catch up to him in like three chapters anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

i dont know what the gently caress your wife was even talking about because donny can't even turn into a cavalier

also frederick's growths suck and since he's promoted he gains exp way slower than everyone else, you shouldn't use him too much, your characters catch up to him in like three chapters anyway

Yeah but theres like one enemy type in the whole game that can even damage him and he one shots almost every type too. I started playing with only 4 characters by the end of the game to see how fast I could go thanks to him.

Add in anna who gets hit by enemies attacks about 1% of the time and counter attacks 99% of the time from the minute you get her with no need to promote and I am powerless to resist going the babby route. I work all day, I was weak, forgive me

Soral
May 30, 2009

you should sever if your wife ever leads you astray again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soral posted:

you should sever if your wife ever leads you astray again

I'll just release her starter pokemon next time she falls asleep with the game on and act innocent the next day.

• Locked thread