Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
New model is coming out bitches, but it's got new hardware on the inside that's gonna be required for future games like the DSi.

So it's a required upgrade rather than something that's strictly for vanity. Also 3.5 to 6 hour battery life.

Still no second analog stick, which is stupid.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

it isnt required you loving idiot, because like an adult im gameing on a console or PC

All you do is get the leather protector for the 3DS so it looks like some super nitche portable device that very few people know of. Wear your Google Glass while playing it too so you look super busy and "plugged in".

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Durr durr I'm The Taint Reaper and I post stupid bullshit but not sources because they don't back up what I say.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/8/29/6082243/nintendo-new-3ds-and-3ds-xl-announcement

It would appear that it has a second analog stick, and the new hardware is needed for "some" titles which will probably mean "hardly any" if it's like other poo poo like this Nintendo's had in the past.

What is stupid is the limit on times you can transfer your 3ds data to a new device, which isn't new to this.

that little pissant button is not a second analog stick, that's what we call an abomination.

Seriously look how tiny it is compared to the main stick, it's like the tiny guy from total recall.

They're re-releasing Xenoblade Chronicles for this new 3DS though, I guess Xenoblade did it. it's the First non-poo poo new Nintendo console franchise since the N64.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

hold on, what

i'm being reaped again, aren't i

otherwise i guess i have to buy this new 3ds

I would not loving Joke around with RPG releases, there are honorable limits that even I do not dare to cross.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It doesn't need to be the same size as the other stick to be a stick or functional you disingenuous dipshit

It's way way way smaller, you ever used one of those little sensory nubs on a keyboard? it's going to function in the same way.

It's better to have two similary sized sticks just like the 3DS CC, Xbox 360 Controller, All the Dual Shocks, the Vita, etc.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You have literally no way of knowing that. It's just as likely that it will function the same as the normal stick, just being scaled down

it's an ease of comfort issue, and when you're 400 hours into monster hunter 4 it's going to become really apparent.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I still don't get what this pun means. Like are you calling me a fascist idgi.

Also that box story was something I paraphrased from a TLDR post from a guy who did youtube videos dressed up as a Mario guy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Y-Hat posted:

here Taint Reaper, lemme make things a little easier for you to understand. this is what the guy who posted that image is saying:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So lemme get this straight the system was released in 2011, had nothing worthwhile until around mid 2012 and in 2015 for America they're giving us a newer version of both the original size and the XL which has games that are not even compatable with the old one, most notably Xenoblade Chronicles. This is assuming that you kept the original tiny version and did not upgrade to the man-hands version that could not fit into your pocket unless you were a time traveler from the 90's and came in wearing those wide leg jeans.

and the system doesn't even look that different from the original and there are special edition versions of the original 3DS that look more varied than the upgraded version. Meanwhile the Gameboy advance lasted 7 years and even though it was revised into drastically different shapes every time, any model was still able to play all the games. The DS alone lasted 5 whole years before the 3ds came around and that poo poo still had games worth playing well after 2009.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 31, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Yeah I'm saving my coupons for it because everyone is saying that Monster Hunter is more than likely going to wind up being merged with N3DS.

Costco usually has pretty good deals on handhelds when they get released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

I own:

Mario 3d world - pretty good
zelda - great
luigi mansion - pretty good
sticker star - pretty bad
Etrian Odyssey - there's like 30 of these and they're tedious as hell
Pokemon - obligatory

What, aside from more anime/jrpgs that I don't want to sit through, am I missing from the must have list of must have list of amazing 3ds games?

Supposedly Kid Icarus uprising is good but has real cumbersome controls. But the rest of the musthaves are all RPGs.

• Locked thread