Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

fucks sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
loving hell they loving just remade saints row 1 and 2 but with more streamlined missions and HD graphics and cut out the boring poo poo and added new and fun exciting poo poo what the gently caress.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

loving hell they loving just remade saints row 1 and 2 but with more streamlined missions and HD graphics and cut out the boring poo poo and added new and fun exciting poo poo what the gently caress.

name all the "boring poo poo" in saints row 1

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

StabMasterArson posted:

its the part between launching the game and uninstalling

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

StabMasterArson posted:

the entire first saint's row was just a GTA ripoff.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
huehuehue hope you *Gamers* are ready for more XXXTREME Humor!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
hooray! saints row 5 :D

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

zen death robot posted:

I'd kinda like them to dial it back a bit to be more like SR2

SR2 was peak Saints Row. Plot, comedy and threads all got worse going into The Third. Gameplay didn't change.

Because of this I never played 4.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

4 isnt even a saints row game, its just a crackdown sequel. i disliked 3 as well but 4 was entertaining even if it wasnt particularly amazing. worth a playthrough.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
3 and 4 really did try way too hard to be funny and wound up being grating because of this.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Whats wrong? Your feeble brain cant handle more awesome Gta style action? gently caress you.

dorsh
Jul 27, 2004
Haven't really been interested in the other games in the series, but let me be the first to say this looks loving badass. Although I'm a big sucker for Hell.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
It's so loving zany I just can't handle it

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The Saints go to hell, which coincidentally Satan has designed to be a simulation of his favorite city, Steelport.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Saint's row has been downhill ever since they killed johnny gat, the biggest best bro npc in gaming ever

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Also they got rid of sassy black woman voice from SR2, loving awful. Middle aged Russian woman was ok but not the same. The cockney british/aussie man in SR3 was just annoying and the others were bland

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
They called the 5th Saints Row Gat Outta Hell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Whats wrong? Your feeble brain cant handle more awesome Gta style action? gently caress you.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
the only good Saints Row is SR2 and it's pretty clear that Volition only accidentally makes fun games

remember when Red Faction Guerilla came out, and was awesome, and then they followed that up with a linear third person shooter where you mostly fought the same kind of bug over and over

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Saints Row 4 was really good so I will get this thing

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

woah excuse me what how can i buy this immediately

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Games are dumb. Saints Row is dumb. Long live games!
I will play it.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

a lot of people love it but a lot of peorple think its monkey cheese poo poo. who is right??

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

a lot of people love it but a lot of peorple think its monkey cheese poo poo. who is right??

The people that like Saint's Row are right.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Its cool, guys. Cause instead of space aliens, its demons and instead of virtual Steelport, its Hell Steelport. TOTALLY different game.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah, it peaked at 2. They went way too far with the silly poo poo so you can't take any of it seriously anymore. They also toned the boss down a ton so you don't get brutal poo poo like making someone kill their girlfriend.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DrManiac posted:

They also toned the boss down a ton so you don't get brutal poo poo like making someone kill their girlfriend.

no they just made the bosses weird, they didn't tone them down. I mean you were fleeing from a whore house in a chariot driven by whores.

That's pretty much the same as throwing some girl in the trunk and letting her get smashed out of view. I mean I was expecting gore or something but it's just the Eskimo dude getting angry that he smooshed his gf.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

The people who don't like Saints Row are right.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

That's pretty much the same as throwing some girl in the trunk and letting her get smashed out of view. I mean I was expecting gore or something but it's just the Eskimo dude getting angry that he smooshed his gf.

No it is not, and also, you are an idiot.

The boss is a pansy now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

The people that like Saint's Row are right.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dumb rear end nerd: saints row is bad it is just too silly also i unironically enjoyed gta4 and felt it was a riveting experience

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Pirate Jet posted:

No it is not, and also, you are an idiot.

The boss is a pansy now.

Puckish Rogue.

I liked SR3 and 4 (although SR2 was top doge), but this just feels cheap. Sure, it's probably just there to tide us over until SR5 but that's probably going to go more in the dumb time travel / aliens / Hell route and I'm not too excited for that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i really really like saints row 2. and saints row 3. and saints row 4. i am exicted for saints row 5 because it likely to be a good game like the others.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Pewdiepie posted:

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

I liked saints row when there was monster trucks. Does this make me pro or anti current saints row??

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Look, all I want is for the boss to return to being a brutal scumbag and for the saint to not have their dick sucked by everyone like it's duke nukem forever.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Zombie Squared posted:

I liked saints row when there was monster trucks. Does this make me pro or anti current saints row??

There are monster trucks in Saints Row 2 and Saints Row 4. So I guess that makes you anti-Saints Row 1 & 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mash posted:

Puckish Rogue.

Shut the gently caress up.

• Locked thread