Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mash posted:

Puckish Rogue.

Shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sharrrk posted:

There are monster trucks in Saints Row 2 and Saints Row 4. So I guess that makes you anti-Saints Row 1 & 3

I couldve sworn 3 had them? It had some really satisfying car crush physics with tanks.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

I couldve sworn 3 had them? It had some really satisfying car crush physics with tanks.

I'm almost 100% positive it didn't. The car crush physics were really satifying though, that's true

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Oh no, not another installment of the most epic franchise ever.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i enjoyed 4 as a superhero game, but it was weird how like 30 minutes into the game there was no reason at all to use vehicles ever

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Still holding out for another Red Faction game that isn't garbage.

Pirate Jet posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

Puckish.

Rogue.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Gobblecoque posted:

i enjoyed 4 as a superhero game, but it was weird how like 30 minutes into the game there was no reason at all not to pimp out every vehicle ever

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh no they're making another game that just overwhelms the player with such massive ammounts of gameplay.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Bobnumerotres posted:

dumb rear end nerd: saints row is bad it is just too silly also i unironically enjoyed gta4 and felt it was a riveting experience

can't i hate both?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh no they're making another game that just overwhelms the player with such massive ammounts of gameplay.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is IV better than 3, the wackiness was endearing at first but it wore out its welcome fast. Not because it was too wacky but because too much of it fell flat.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

The Taint Reaper posted:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Is IV better than 3, the wackiness was endearing at first but it wore out its welcome fast. Not because it was too wacky but because too much of it fell flat.

4 is basically crackdown

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Tender Bender posted:

iv is pretty much the same thing only more in that regard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SM64Guy posted:

4 is basically crackdown

It was also really good and so was crackdown tho

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Eonwe posted:

It was also really good and so was crackdown tho

i wasnt saying it was bad but i got sick of it before i finished collecting everything

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

4 pretty much amps that poo poo to 12 right from the get go.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, it's still pretty over the top but it plays it completely straight instead of just relying on the wackiness to carry the game. It's goofy as hell and doesn't stop being goofy, but it takes itself pretty seriously despite that, which I think made for a really strong game.

Saints Row 2 is still my favorite, but 4 comes really close, and they are different enough that I feel like there's reason to want to play both.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

i thought that the writing and humor in 4 worked out a lot better than it did in 3.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i liked the southern girl voice.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i liked 4 and thought it was really funny all the way through, my only complaints are:

-it's kinda short
-no reason to use cars once you have superpowers
-nothing can stand up to you once you have superpowers. even the super enemies are a total joke, and stay the same the whole game while you keep getting way stronger

i mean it's still fun as gently caress but it felt awkward steamrolling the entire game

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it's no big mystery. people who hate sr4 just have a deep hatred for fun. it's a common thing for misanthropic subcultures like gamerdom.

the only problem i have with 4 is that it's still in steelport.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it's no big mystery. people who hate sr4 just have a deep hatred for fun. it's a common thing for misanthropic subcultures like gamerdom.

the only problem i have with 4 is that it's still in steelport.

absolutely, steelport is just so loving boring. 4's best innovation was making it so you just jumped over it all and didn't have to traverse its dull road layout. call me when saints row V is here to reboot the series entirely with a new more interesting city.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here's hoping it's L.A. themed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually I want it to be Tijuana-San Diego themed. Farewell.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I just want some jokes about AIDS.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

StabMasterArson posted:

a lot of people love it but a lot of peorple think its monkey cheese poo poo. who is right??

i don't know but you better decide to like the right thing

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

dumb rear end nerd: saints row is bad it is just too silly also i unironically enjoyed gta4 and felt it was a riveting experience

it blows my mind that thread are still people who like gta

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ForeverSmug posted:

it blows my mind ...

... With awesomeness.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ForeverSmug posted:

it blows my mind that thread are still people who like gta

gta is super good because you can mod the driving physics with a simple txt file

I had 90+ hours in gta4 because I got a driving txt which made the story irrelevant since the driving was just so good

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

This game is good if you mod it

PC_gaming.txt

The only good thing is gta is where people turn the friction off on cars and they go shooting around like drunk missiles

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ForeverSmug posted:

PC_gaming.txt

The only good thing is gta is where people turn the friction off on cars and they go shooting around like drunk missiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7GGJ2Xs6yg

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

The Real Foogla posted:

gta is super good because you can mod the driving physics with a simple txt file

I had 90+ hours in gta4 because I got a driving txt which made the story irrelevant since the driving was just so good

I tried using that file to make driving cars actually enjoyable and less "realistic" but I got tired of that and just made some weird poo poo instead.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

ForeverSmug posted:

PC_gaming.txt

also xbox_gaming

there's a text editor in all the custom dashboards and all the gta games use the same layout so i spent mad time messing with san andreas and vice city when i had a poo poo pc and a modded xbox

there's a certain joy about driving down the strip in vice city with a pcj-600 that weighs roughly the same as the moon

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRURDEGEbi4

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

People who like GTA are genuinely bad people because Saints Row can be the only open world game to exist, despite the series having almost no similarities anymore besides CRIME and CARS.

The Internet has spoken.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mash posted:

People who like GTA are genuinely bad people
This but unironically.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Why does every GTA game have terrible gun and explosion sound effects? Or am I just spoiled by the one thing that DICE isn't loving horrible at.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Great Joe posted:

This but unironically.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

• Locked thread