Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My Saints Row 4 broke and I'm still pretty angry about it, but yea, I'll buy a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Mama don't know I play Saints Row.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Saints Row 4 is the Meet the Spartans of video games.

Saints Row 3 manages to somehow be even worse than that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Yo ho ho ho and a bottle of Saints Row.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

Saints Row 4 is the Meet the Spartans of video games.

Saints Row 3 manages to somehow be even worse than that.

what the hell is this madness?????????????

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:rolleye:

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
SR2 tried to tell a cool gangster story with a bit of monkeycheese humor thrown in.

SR3 and 4 try to tell a monkeycheese story with gangsters thrown in.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

has anyone said dubstep gun yet?

because reminder that one of those poo poo games contained a dubstep gun

:iamafag:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

My fav part of any saints row thread is seeing self-serious tryhards balking at kitsch as if it doesn't have a place in society. The world needs RoboCop just as much as it needs Vertigo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i seriously enjoyed blasting enemies with the dubstep gun. if you dont like that then i feel sorry for youre lack of fun genes

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Saints Row 3 let you fight neon rollerblade scythe ninjas

I wish they had more enemies like that

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Great Joe posted:

My fav part of any saints row thread is seeing self-serious tryhards balking at kitsch as if it doesn't have a place in society. The world needs RoboCop just as much as it needs Vertigo.

Agreed. I love me some artsy-fartsy poo poo, but I also love murdering people with explosive wubs.

Arguably the worst part of the Dubstep Gun was that with explosive wubs, you really don't need any other weapon, which is a crying shame.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
http://www.shacknews.com/article/86049/gat-out-of-hell-is-a-new-standalone-expansion-for-saints-row-4

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Satan isn't Burt loving Reynolds and that makes me disappointed.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/01/saints-row-4-developer-says-anita-sarkeesian-is-right-in-latest-tropes-vs-women-in-videogames-video/

It's over. We lost.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Video games are the worst thing on the planet.

Except for gurls.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He's right.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao At his twitter avatar.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

2 was the best one though?

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
i got SR3 and all the DLC for ten dollars on a steam sale, so I feel like i got my money's worth. SR4 hasn't quite hit that price point but I have a feeling it's worth about as much.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Great Joe posted:

There's a difference between "kitsch" and "blindly repeating references and internet memes instead of putting effort into actual humor or gameplay." Hint: Robocop is not the latter.

Go ahead and keep parroting poo poo you heard from Errant Signal, though.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Jet posted:

There's a difference between "kitsch" and "blindly repeating references and internet memes instead of putting effort into actual humor or gameplay." Hint: Robocop is not the latter.

thsi is true. saintssds row 444 was essentaily independence day + the matrix + they live + god gently caress i sdon'tf know anymoere too many thingsa its rippinng off

fun game though

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

wait saints row 4 has internet memes in it?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

WARE???

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Great Joe posted:

wait saints row 4 has internet memes in it?
nno thasts wotch_dag

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

at one point during an on-rails shooter section Kinzie tells you to "do a barrel roll" while What Is Love plays in the background

"funniest game ever!" - goons

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

at one point during an on-rails shooter section Kinzie tells you to "do a barrel roll" while What Is Love plays in the background

what the gently caress you got against what is love, man?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just play crackdown and crackdown 2 to enjoy the superhero things from SR without the monkeycheese reddit pandering

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Just play crackdown and crackdown 2 to enjoy the superhero things from SR without the monkeycheese reddit pandering

actually, just play crackdown 1 and then pretend crackdown 2 was a worthy sequel.

honestly, 2 isn't bad if you can get it for cheap, but it's nowhere near as much fun as i had with 1

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

dubstep gun unironically owns. usually that kind of poo poo it just gimmicky garbage that you try once and then never again, but the dubstep gun was really good and fun to use

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Vargs posted:

dubstep gun unironically owns. usually that kind of poo poo it just gimmicky garbage that you try once and then never again, but the dubstep gun was really good and fun to use

I think there is a happy medium that can be reached here. Where we can all come to agree that the dubstep gun was cool, but Saints Row 4 was still boring.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Vargs posted:

Thanks. I agree. Its badass how you can choose which Dubstep song you want to use.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nrook posted:

I think there is a happy medium that can be reached here. Where we can all come to agree that the dubstep gun was cool, but Saints Row 4 was still boring.
lol why would you buy a game you find boring in the tyool 2014

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

people who dont enjoy themselves at poo poo like this must be miserable smdh

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you can actually do a barrel roll there but the line admittedly has a pretty stilted delivery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Volition had a poll about what you'd like to see them make in games in the future. It asked about current games, past games, and ideas for new games.

I spoke heavily in favor of more free space.

Also I wasn't a fan of Summoner as a kid. I beat it, the ending with a choice was pretty cool, but man, that game dragged on. It was the first RPG i got for the PS2 and I was super hyped for it. It just didn't do it for me though.

• Locked thread