Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
What the gently caress is going on? There's space marines and blur and menus and brain hacking and mutant sewer seals and I have to go steal a cyberbrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

we're playing this poo poo on sunday coop stylie

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

is this game $5 yet

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Kazvall posted:

we're playing this poo poo on sunday coop stylie

gently caress yes, I'm all about that

also it feels so good to be working on a map after so long, even though I'm being super lazy about it

Fandyien posted:

is this game $5 yet

At one point it went down to a dollar.

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 30, 2014

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Schnedwob posted:

At one point it went down to a dollar.

I got it then and only just installed it

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

chaos rhames posted:

I got it then and only just installed it

EYE pro tips-
research, research, research. it's super important and can get you some really sweet poo poo.

distributing your stats evenly is pragmatic, but boring as poo poo. if you want the game to be fun, overspecialize to the point where you're
a glacier that pisses bullets, a ninja made of tissue paper, or a hacker who sits and plays rock paper scissors while swarmed by several Scraboillours. However, don't be afraid to be a generic shootman at earlier levels, when you lack all the cool toys that constitute the art of cybermancy

polycloning is a deceptively useful psi power. the clones can't deal or tank very much damage (and this actually changes significantly as you invest in your psi skills) but they make good momentary distractions, especially against heavy hitters like the deus ex or the helicopters.

death can sometimes harm your stats, so try to avoid dying. it may not seem like a big deal at lower levels, but when a stat starts taking 3 experience to go up a single notch, you're gonna wish you hadn't suffered that concussion four levels before.

don't forget to upgrade your augments, as well. the adrenaline booster is very very very helpful.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
thanks, I'm pretty sure about how to actually do all those things

Dec 26, 2012

chaos rhames posted:

thanks, I'm pretty sure about how to actually do all those things

just keep doing poo poo and gaining brouzoufs and it will eventually click

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Don't worry about your starting stats, you can just push the pause button (the one your keyboard) and then bring up the menu and freely add skill points once you level up. Don't go cheating too much though, there's no fun in that.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
try to get the 444 bearkiller as soon as you can so you can kill deus exes and the flying vehicles easily. they take a lot of punishment otherwise.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Fandyien posted:

is this game $5 yet
check one of the sa-mart steam re-seller threads. there's got to be someone with a copy for under $5.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

AHungryRobot posted:

try to get the 444 bearkiller as soon as you can so you can kill deus exes and the flying vehicles easily. they take a lot of punishment otherwise.

probably the best name for a gun ever

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

chaos rhames posted:

probably the best name for a gun ever

it actually has a little backstory where a gun maker saw a dude manfight a bear and win, and left the bearkiller on him while he was unconscious or asleep afterwards

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

AHungryRobot posted:

a good alternative before you unlock that is the bigger, beefier sniper rifle. the only downside is it's huge and heavy, so you'll either have to go with your katana, or one of the SMGs.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

katanas are really good against normal enemies since you can block bullets. they're not very useful against the heavy hitters though so the bearkiller is a good investment

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Eye is my favorite game other than metal gear rising

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
This game is seriously the loving best.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i tried using other guns, but i keep going back to that crazy pump action with the 30-something round mag cause it owns and is really satisfying to use

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Gobblecoque posted:

i tried using other guns, but i keep going back to that crazy pump action with the 30-something round mag cause it owns and is really satisfying to use

The depezador is a beautiful thing. It gets sorta lovely against more heavily armored opponents, so try and grab a Bearkiller if you can

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

The Motra SMG is the boring do-everything weapon. You can snipe with it and kill dudes up in your face with full auto but it isn't the most exciting option.

Though the fact that it fits in a leg slot is nice.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
oh yeah the one smg (hs-10 i think) has a select-fire option that lets you choose between full-auto and fuller-auto

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
get brouzouf

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
point your gun at the enemies & shoot

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

AHungryRobot posted:

oh yeah the one smg (hs-10 i think) has a select-fire option that lets you choose between full-auto and fuller-auto

fuller-auto + that aug that compensates for recoil and you've basically got a magical bullethose that shoots exactly where you want it to

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Schnedwob posted:

EYE pro tips-
research, research, research. it's super important and can get you some really sweet poo poo.

distributing your stats evenly is pragmatic, but boring as poo poo. if you want the game to be fun, overspecialize to the point where you're
a glacier that pisses bullets, a ninja made of tissue paper, or a hacker who sits and plays rock paper scissors while swarmed by several Scraboillours. However, don't be afraid to be a generic shootman at earlier levels, when you lack all the cool toys that constitute the art of cybermancy

polycloning is a deceptively useful psi power. the clones can't deal or tank very much damage (and this actually changes significantly as you invest in your psi skills) but they make good momentary distractions, especially against heavy hitters like the deus ex or the helicopters.

death can sometimes harm your stats, so try to avoid dying. it may not seem like a big deal at lower levels, but when a stat starts taking 3 experience to go up a single notch, you're gonna wish you hadn't suffered that concussion four levels before.

don't forget to upgrade your augments, as well. the adrenaline booster is very very very helpful.

all these whack tips full of words i dont get makes me want to boot this up. to give it a second chance

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Video Viddy Games posted:

all these whack tips full of words i dont get makes me want to boot this up. to give it a second chance

there's also a katana that explodes when you hit people with it

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Schnedwob posted:

EYE pro tips-

doesnt damaging stats actually lower the cost? I was told by someone to not heal my stats so I could train for cheaper

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

fuller-auto + that aug that compensates for recoil and you've basically got a magical bullethose that shoots exactly where you want it to

speaking of things that shoot exactly where you want them to the minigun and dual pistols are fantastic long-range weapons, inexplicably

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

grate deceiver posted:

doesnt damaging stats actually lower the cost? I was told by someone to not heal my stats so I could train for cheaper

after a certain point, stats cost more than one experience point to raise. I'm guessing what they meant was that you could game the system so that your healing took place after your stats were past that point. Seems sort of convoluted, but that fits in perfectly with EYE, thematically speaking writ large

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

The stats max out at 120 or 126 I think. By the time any of them get to 100 you need like 20+ points to raise it.

So yeah you could cause some of those stat lowering wounds on yourself intentionally to game that.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you used to be able to connect to lovely servers and hammer up your stats and it wouldn't take points away because of lag

get enough jump and the button becomes useless because you can jump up the elevator shaft in the tutorial and get slammed into the ceiling and stuck there because of your absurd momentum

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
this game is pretty loving broken and amateur, but it's one of a kind and I still adore it. I hope the Warhammer game that Struemon is working on turns out well and makes them enough brozouf for a revamped EYE on a less lovely engine.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Schnedwob posted:

after a certain point, stats cost more than one experience point to raise. I'm guessing what they meant was that you could game the system so that your healing took place after your stats were past that point. Seems sort of convoluted, but that fits in perfectly with EYE, thematically speaking writ large

whoever said to do that was wrong. they cost less at lower levels, but what the game takes away is the number of points put into them; so that if you lost 9 levels back when they were 1 point per level, and now you're at 3 points per level, you'll only gain 3 levels when you heal
so heal whenever you want

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

fronz posted:

whoever said to do that was wrong. they cost less at lower levels, but what the game takes away is the number of points put into them; so that if you lost 9 levels back when they were 1 point per level, and now you're at 3 points per level, you'll only gain 3 levels when you heal
so heal whenever you want

Wow, those frogs thought of everything, I guess.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i am convinced that EYE was created in the same way as Morrowind's sermons of vivec

they just jammed a ton of dudes in a room with a stack of pizzas and beer and it occured naturally

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Doctor Goat posted:

i am convinced that EYE was created in the same way as Morrowind's sermons of vivec

they just jammed a ton of dudes in a room with a stack of pizzas and beer and it occured naturally

Apparently, it's based off a homebrew tabletop RPG one of the developers came up with. I'm actually sort of envious of their creativity http://www.streumon-studio.com/?page=history

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
if it is it's pretty loving crazy to make an fps of it

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
:psylon:TRIP REPORT:psylon:

multiplayer was a resounding success. here are some lovely little screenshots

Kill the Hackers! Kill them all!

A true master of cybermancy

Caught CharlestonJew in the middle of something probably illicit, definitely depraved

The true doom murderheads are all here

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

What's the quickest way to get shitloads of brozoufs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

chiefnewo posted:

What's the quickest way to get shitloads of brozoufs?

Grinding EYE members, Deus Exes, and helicopters. I think there's a grind map somewhere out there, too.

• Locked thread