Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
There's a map where you can spawn cyberdemons infinitely, and just stab them in the back of the head with your katana to kill them instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This games gay as hell and if you enjoy this game you belong in the forum of Gbs.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Pewdiepie posted:

This games gay as hell and if you enjoy this game you belong in the forum of Gbs.

I'm gonna hack you and make you taste my blade, Pewds. That's an EYE promise.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

you gain BROUZOUFIST

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
it really seems to bother my friend who has hundreds upon hundreds of hours in esoteric strategy games when i call him a casual because he dislikes EYE and also couldnt figure out how looting items works

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Relin posted:

it really seems to bother my friend who has hundreds upon hundreds of hours in esoteric strategy games when i call him a casual because he dislikes EYE and also couldnt figure out how looting items works

the difference between EYE and those games is that those games, by their complex nature, are hard to understand BUT you're assisted by the developers through clear, simple explanation of how the game works. EYE, while pretty simple in premise, tells you to go gently caress yourself right off the bat, with kind of a sink or swim or watch a half hour of tutorial videos attitude.

but lol at that other thing. "wtf are shapes?" - your casual-rear end friend

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

If you don't enjoy deus ex on drugs you're probably some fat parking lot attendant that sighs when he has to do his job.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
In no other game can I be an ultra fast superhuman cyborg with dual automatic pistols bringing horrible pain upon gigantic cyborg minotaurs with rocket launchers for hands. EYE exemplifies :pcgaming:. Actually having to keep track of your magazine count, dying in one hit on higher difficulties, etc. EYE is a carefully crafted arcade shooting experience that can be as hardcore or as casual as you want it to be while sporting insane replay ability due to the variety of character abilities and builds possible. It also has online co-op and vs so basically unless you hate all shooters forever it's impossible to dislike this game.

Oh yeah and it goes really well with industrial music

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 1, 2014

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I barely understood what I was doing half the time but I had a lot of fun

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Is there some sort of guide for retards that I could read so I can run some EYE campaign multiplayer

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TODO: buy this game in the next sale

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
last time it was on sale for like a dollar I bought 5 copies and would just throw one at people whenever the game came up in conversation. Good poo poo

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Fellis posted:

Is there some sort of guide for retards that I could read so I can run some EYE campaign multiplayer

Comprehensive Guide to E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy:

Step 1: Shoot bad mans, the rest will follow

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I might just leave an Official Imp Zone server going 24/7, but i'm not gonna be home for a few days so yeah
Plus I can put any maps I make on there and have you fuckers be my guinea pigs :science:

Poniard posted:

Comprehensive Guide to E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy:

Step 1: Shoot bad mans, the brozouf will follow

ftfy

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Schnedwob posted:

I might just leave an Official Imp Zone server going 24/7, but i'm not gonna be home for a few days so yeah
Plus I can put any maps I make on there and have you fuckers be my guinea pigs :science:

That would be fuckin sweet because im too dumb to figure out port forwarding/static ip/wrestle with game options to get multi working and i just want to get brozoufs with the bros

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Schnedwob posted:

last time it was on sale for like a dollar I bought 5 copies and would just throw one at people whenever the game came up in conversation. Good poo poo

zdr has a copy because i saw he was an IK who didn't have it and i had just bought 5 copies because that's as many times as i'll go through the steam thing without getting bored

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the word brozouf has really grown on me and i think should be used in daily conversation way more

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

VideoGames posted:

the word brozouf has really grown on me and i think should be used in daily conversation way more

I like that they don't make it entirely apparent it's currency. Like it's obvious it is since you spend it on poo poo, but EYE is at least subtle obtuse enough not to put a huge fuckin' dollar sign right in front of it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
nobody mentions the music, the ambient techno really works well

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The soundtrack was basically made by a guy who whacked off to everything Alexander Brandon made and Kenji Kawai's GiTS score so yeah it's pretty drat fitting.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
my only complaint about the music is how the first thing a new player starting the campaign hears is this blasting into their ears

like it's cool and all but godDAMN is it grating when it's loud

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
so played it again for about an hour.

goddamn it is mental. i mean, i like that running and jump maybe four inches off the ground acts like you've fallen from the moon. the guns look neat and the sword has an eye that looks all over the place. it was satisfying to shoot enemies but drat i felt overlogged by the tutorial stuff

i did gain a heck of a lot of brozoufs for accidentally shooting my friends in the hub and then trying to stay alive of which i managed about twenty minutes of headshotting the cult guys who explode in green

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

VideoGames posted:

goddamn it is mental. i mean, i like that running and jump maybe four inches off the ground acts like you've fallen from the moon. the guns look neat and the sword has an eye that looks all over the place. it was satisfying to shoot enemies but drat i felt overlogged by the tutorial stuff

i did gain a heck of a lot of brozoufs for accidentally shooting my friends in the hub and then trying to stay alive of which i managed about twenty minutes of headshotting the cult guys who explode in green

just play with me and I will explain things in a way that makes you laugh while crying so you can cyber your own mind when you eventually get hacked... by me

Dec 26, 2012

VideoGames posted:

man dont worry about it. just stumble around awhile and you will figure out everything you need to know

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm sad because the sword glow effect on charging either requires something i don't have or doesn't render right anymore

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

VideoGames posted:

drat i felt overlogged by the tutorial stuff

yeah don't bother with that poo poo. play with a buddy (Kazvall) and have them explain it. I don't know what the hell they were thinking having the main way to learn how to play be a 20-minute long video series

Doctor Goat posted:

i'm sad because the sword glow effect on charging either requires something i don't have or doesn't render right anymore

they removed it :( knowing Struemon, it probably caused some crash for no reason

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
started up the server

name: welcum 2 imp zone
pass: imps own

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Joined server, threw some cars at some cops, left.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Concordat posted:

Joined server, threw some cars at some cops, left.

Is it psi or strength that lets you pick poo poo up? I forget. Once saw somebody throw a bus though, which was pretty cool.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

I don't know cause I was playing my dude with all stats over a 100. Pretty sure once your strength gets above 70 or 80 you can throw the minivans and such.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
^^^^
It's Psi and I think you can pick up any object in the game around 70.

Fellis posted:

The trick with eye is that it seems really deep and complex but it's actually really shallow and the number of viable weapons is like 3, the variety of missions is super limited, the stats are basically meaningless, and being able to jump absurdly high while running around absurdly fast is fun but ultimately pointless within the game universe. *insert some dumb comment about how video games are pointless here*

Anyway, it's a fun game to explore in, hacking is a neat novelty, so is psi power, but they are completely optional.

Also the "true" ending is super convoluted to get, you'll probably be tired of the game way before you get there and it consists of 2 or 3 lines that are different compared to the previous 2 times you beat the game.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Powercrazy posted:

^^^^

The trick with eye is that it seems really deep and complex but it's actually really shallow and the number of viable weapons is like 3, the variety of missions is super limited, the stats are basically meaningless, and being able to jump absurdly high while running around absurdly fast is fun but ultimately pointless within the game universe. *insert some dumb comment about how video games are pointless here*

Anyway, it's a fun game to explore in, hacking is a neat novelty, so is psi power, but they are completely optional.

Also the "true" ending is super convoluted to get, you'll probably be tired of the game way before you get there and it consists of 2 or 3 lines that are different compared to the previous 2 times you beat the game.

lol read the post

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Powercrazy posted:

^^^^

this is a bitch that does not get eye

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Powercrazy posted:

being able to jump absurdly high while running around absurdly fast is fun but ultimately pointless within the game universe. *insert some dumb comment about how video games are pointless here*

This post is pretty accurate as EYE is actually rather janky, but considering that a lot of the missions are "go place, kill/pickup thing, gain brozouf", being able to zoom around is pretty useful

and speaking of missions, you're right in saying that they lack variety, and I was actually thinking about ways to improve that, since i'm working on a mini-campaign sorta thing. any suggestions?

e: maybe a payload type thing. or a "grab 4 objects and take them to one spot". i'm uncreative

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 7, 2014

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Powercrazy posted:

Also the "true" ending is super convoluted to get

Ultra esoteric story path choices to reach a desired ending disguised as actual game play hours is an obnoxious development concept.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
do not put points in mental balance for two reasons

1. going insane is hilarious
2. a research you can get makes going insane impossible

also the deperzador is the second-finest videogame shotgun ever, it has hysterical range (for a videogame shotgun that is) and power and 32 loving rounds in a magazine and can basically carry you through the whole game along with some AP weapon like the also-hysterical 444 bearkiller

sometime try equipping the bearkiller + exploding katana together at the same time

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 8, 2014

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
if they released a drink or food called brozouf i would totally buy it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

VideoGames posted:

if they released a drink or food called brozouf i would totally buy it

brouzouf: gain it

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Lebowsky posted:

I came here to find my wife! She was on a mission for our boss on Mars!
That’s a pretty positive thing to come look for your wife, especially for a looter.

Lebowsky posted:

The problem is, when I finally saw her, she was in one of our ground operation vehicles, at the edge of a large chasm.
And you saw her blowing the pilot!

Lebowsky posted:

You can't talk about my wife like that and live, bastard!

then he attacked me and I shot him in the face. great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
is bumping this thread considered necrocybermancy???

anyway, I've got the groundwork laid for the Invasion game mode. It needs some polish but basically you can split into teams in the custom mission gamemode. woohoo

• Locked thread