Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Lawman 0 posted:

I really dislike the existence of state militia since they exist in a bizarre nether region that makes me feel like they could be used to start a civil war. :tinfoil:

These aren't "state" militia as far as I know though? The ones going down to "secure the border" are some yahoos that don't belong to any level of the US government - or that's the impression I got, aside from Rick Perry calling upon the actual Texas National Guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Joementum posted:

I will charge campaigns $72,997 in legal fees and coincidentally endorse them.

$72,996! Do I hear $72,996?!?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

End of Life Guy posted:

This is fake, right? : http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09/02/report-missing-libyan-jetliners-raise-fears-suicide-airliner-attacks-on-11/

When I search the topic, I only get hits at Fox News and BrietBart, so I'm thinking it's bullshit.

There's been fighting at Tripoli's airport but I don't think any airplanes are unaccounted for. I read a discussion about it on airliners.net that suggested some had been repossessed by lessors.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Also, stealing a plane before flying it into something honestly seems like it would both increase the workload and the probability of failure compared to just hijacking a typical commercial flight in progress. Airliners are pretty complex machines with a lot of people watching them.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

I think you have to worry more about democratic senators leaking votes to surpass the veto threat. Dems were fractured all the time 2002 to 2006.

Harry Reid has been a lot less conciliatory than Obama towards the Republicans, for longer.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

It's really the québécois that they're worried about in Maine.

I can confirm this.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Guilty, motherfucker.

gently caress yeah.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

karlor posted:

Is Rand Paul wearing a blue jumpsuit under his blazer?

Or a pair of shorts?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Is that a PZL Wilga? :poland:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Joementum posted:

Voted for cloture on the motion to proceed. McConnell wrote up a piece in Politico basically saying, "hey, if the Democrats want to waste Senate floor time blabbing about something that will never pass and that I can campaign against, I won't stand in their way".

Senate measure not filibustered, country still in shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

It's not like Kansas is the only state where this has happened though. If all it takes is actually implementing Tea Party orthodoxy to get the GOP rank and file to revolt en masse and make even an R+20 state competitive in a statewide or national election, Scott Walker should be poised to lose by a landslide instead of running better than Romney did.

Has Michigan enacted tax cuts as drastic as Kansas'? He's given the Kochs everything on their wish list, sure, but it's still possible to compartmentalize that to only affecting people you don't like.