Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Samurai Sanders posted:

You know, when I talk to foreigners about Labor Day they often associate it with their May Day, if they have one, but I tell them that's not exactly it, since May Day has historical union/communist connections in the US while Labor Day doesn't. Little did I know that they both do...?

Labor unions and the strides they have made for workers rights is why Labor Day was invented initially, but it's been whitewashed as much as possible in the last century.

Edit: seems like it was made a national holiday after the Haymarket Massacre, so yeah, it's def. about labor unions.

Fuckt Tupp fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
USPOL September - Lazy trolling and circular arguments

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Amergin posted:

Just because a kid wants to be cool and different within their group of outcasts doesn't mean they won't get poo poo from normal kids, just like the "otherkin" on tumblr get kicks from other weirdos on tumblr but deservedly get poo poo from regular people for their attention-seeking.

Amergin posted:

regular people

Is there anyone as cruel as a normal person?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

John Boehner likes a large coffee ("they call it 'venti' at Starbucks") with a little creamer. Always hot. He'll go for a Diet Coke if he wants a cold beverage. He's a big Starbucks coffee guy and has a pro tip for people making coffee at the office: pour it into a carafe instead of leaving it on heat so that it doesn't taste burnt.

His thoughts on decaf? "Eh".

This Speaker of the House is brought to you by Starbucks and the color burnt umber.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Maybe white people are just inherently better than black people. Have any of you considered that possibility?

Am I hilarious yet?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just get drunk on a vodka bottle labeled "Republican Tears" after the 2016 election. Be the best Democratic you can be.

Remember schadenfreude the highest form of Democratic.

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day: “I see an empty chamber. There will be no voices against war, because this is a Democrat president’s war" ~ Rand Paul, on the Senate floor just now.

Reminder: The Senate is in recess today.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Americans for Shared Prosperity has a new message of outreach for the llllllllllllllladies :pervert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNwCDIGuMK4

ARTICULATE

Whatever happened to stand by your man?

I'm concerned about who they are wanting to share our prosperity with. It's our American prosperity and we ain't gonna let no foreigners get their dirty hands on it!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day: "In the lame duck session, they just may see the Lord ... But if they don’t they will see some lightning.” ~ Joe Biden on the GOP's immigration policy.

Has anyone considered that Joe Biden is Zeus? Like, literally the god Zeus. All pissed off that nobody cares about Zeus anymore.

Limbo posted:

So just what is a "community confinement center" ? A halfway house type of thing, or just day-jail lite for rich guys?

Job creator jail.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

FilthyImp posted:

Is America ready for a woman president, friends? Consider that, two weeks out of a month, women are hormonal. They're depressed. They're Whiny. They're angry over the dumbest things. Do we REALLY want a woman at the switch when she's in the middle of having her Aunt Flo? I mean think of it, YOUR TAX DOLLARS are funding her Midol. They're funding her TAMPONS. YOUR TAX DOLLARS!
:viggo:

Ali G already covered a similar angle. (Watch the whole thing if you haven't seen it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaef07rD6c#t=02m43s

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mister Macys posted:

Obscure "Tea Party raver" joke?

I've heard the song and everything and thought maybe there were neon rings in the video, but nope.

Thought process:
Turn Down for What is a club song
Clubs are kind of like the new raves
People in the 90's wore glow sticks at raves
Boom, youth-targeted political ad.

Still not as pathetic as "Grr! I'm Obamacare!"

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day: "I am a little shocked quite frankly looking at the AP course in American history that's being taught in high schools across out country right now...There's only two paragraphs in there about George Washington. George Washington! Little or nothing about Dr. Martin Luther King...I think most people when they finish that course, they'd be ready to go sign up for ISIS. I mean, this is what we're doing to the young people in our nation...We have got to stop crucifying ourselves. Have we made mistakes as a nation? Of course we have. Why? Because we're people. And all people make mistakes." ~ Ben Carson.

Slavery? Just people being people.

Joementum posted:

College Republicans try their hand at reaching young, female voters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOppsQJtL2M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
They just mad Obama put a kibosh on their frequent booze and hooker parties.