Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Brannock posted:

Why is she missing part of her eyeglass framing?

Got drunk and passed out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Pong Daddy posted:

The eyeglass manufacturer quit halfway through.

I like this answer.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Vahakyla posted:

I can hear the beeping all the way to here.

Isn't it unlawful to house GiP here without our consent?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

sleepingbuddha posted:

Has there ever been a university that refused to take money from anyone?

There's a joke about minority and female students in here somewhere.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's horseshit straight from the rear end of Ann Romney's dancing horse.

Min Wage labor isn't even close to that amount of cost.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Look at me, I'm a grumpy job creator. I'm going to cut hours and piss off my customers with poo poo service!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hasn't Walmart taken a hit because they did just that: cut poo poo job hours so much their sales tanked due to poo poo service?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
That 70% is about as legitimate as Barry Bond's dinger achievements.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

What's so special about this hypothetical minimum wage hike as opposed to all of the other ones that happened in the past?

This time there's Obama.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Radish posted:

Anything good for the working class must be fought as fiercely as possible in order to create the illusion that the system is a hair's edge from collapse.

Back in the good ol days we could just shoot them when they got uppity. Now a days we can't so we have to lie and use pepper spray. :freep:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

amanasleep posted:

Of course, there are no other factors affecting the profits of fast food franchisees.

For a McDonald's, the average sales per unit is around $2.4 million, which means that Corporate is taking $300,000 annually right off the top. And this is not counting the fact that many of the franchisee's "costs" are equipment and supplies that they must order directly from corp at corp mandated prices.

Year to year, cost increases are usually, but not always, borne exclusively by franchisees. In the case of minimum wage legislation, all the large Fast Food corps are not going to allow price increases from their franchisees. Instead, the increased labor costs will come largely from franchise fees (and corporate profits), and secondarily from franchisee profits (where they can absorb them).

Heritage misses this, and thus all their predicted macro effects are bullshit.

Some mom and pop fast food restaurants will eat it, but these are a vanishingly tiny portion of the industry.

So a McDs franchise is baby's first business plus a big rear end tax?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Freakazoid_ posted:

You just described micro-apartments, which in Seattle, people are paying $900 a month per room for the privilege.

You know what else would eliminate homelessness? Giving them a livable income. No requirements, just straight up give them the equivalent of 40 hours a week at minimum wage (after we pass a minimum wage hike, of course). Also rent control.

What are these micro apartments?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Pretty much exactly what they sound like. Rents are getting so high in cities like San Francisco and Seattle that developers are building tiny apartments (think 200 square feet or less), with the idea that they will have correspondingly tiny rents for people willing to live in them. At least in theory.

poo poo here I am mad about 800/mo for a 3bed/2bath house. Might even get a roommate and give them the downstairs!

Aside from sweet job (uhhhh if that's there) why the hell would you chose to live in rent-gouge land?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Neeksy posted:

Because that's where your job and family and friends and connections all live. Moving is expensive and trying to find a job remotely before moving to it is difficult.

Yeah I understand perfectly trying to find a job outside commuting distance. I think I've totalled 8 months of job searching since graduating in '12. Mostly due to living in desolate pits void of any fun chemistry. Finally just said gently caress it and moved to a city (that isn't rent gouged to all hell) and it still took 4 months to get an offer for FT job.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Hey, all you unemployed people! That's right especially you unemployed guys in this thread! Drudge and the rest of the right wing would like to remind you that if you aren't spending eight hours a day looking for a job, you are literally a worthless bum who, they would like to gently imply, should probably be kicked off welfare.

Nice college degree there Mr Starbucks Barista.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Amergin posted:

He should have gone the other direction and reduced or removed limits on spending in return for better transparency and clarity in the donors.

Limiting spending will just force the money under the table or through what are essentially money laundering PACs. Putting limits on spending doesn't really reduce the amount of money and influence the private sector has on government, but at least transparency would help allow voters to decide which candidates are less tainted.

It'd be interesting to see that devolve into an advertising battle like coke vs pepsi or something.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

Noone has made a good looking truck since the 80's, other than the Syclone of course.

Counter point: Chevy/GMC trucks with angry headlights.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReindeerF posted:

Honk if you're holy!

I've learned the people with the biggest "LOOK AT ME I'M A CHRISTIAN!" signs on their cars are also the biggest jackasses on the road.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

This is actually a political issue with some evangelical Christians.

See also: climate change. Why bother making this a better planet when ol Jesus is coming back any day now?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Riptor posted:

I loved when, during Harold Camping's whole rapture-hype stuff a few years ago, people were going up to his followers and asking if they could have all the money in their wallets. Because hey, we're all getting raptured tomorrow anyway right? Surprise surprise no one forked it over

Na dude that was a spiritual rapture only. The physical one is still coming any day now.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

Make federal elections (both midterms and presidential) national holidays. Make voting mandatory, any registered voter who fails to vote without an excuse is levied a small fine.

At least do the first part.

47% of the country.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The only way to prevent bullying is to homeschool so it becomes domestic violence instead.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Remember when those militias put out a call to mass near the Texas/Mexico border? Well, they now plan to block several border crossings while armed.

Someone will be shot. Probably a federal agent.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Where does the War on Christmas fall? It part of the War on PC?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm just giggly about the idea the War on Christmas being anything other than Christians being frowned on for shoving bibles into everything.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mystic_Shadow posted:

Companies not offering certain health services to their employees because of religious reasons: perfectly ok.

Companies telling their employees to say "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" to their ever-diversifying clientele = war on the True Religion.

Corporations have rights you serf.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

VitalSigns posted:

The War on Christmas is the most special time of the year for conservatives, because you're finally free to drop that tough, no-nonsense image you cultivated all year while telling gays, women, and people of color to sack up and stop crying over every little racial slur and bigotry because PC police speech codes are anti-American; and at last you can spill big hot tears and wail like a baby about offensive speech anytime a Target cashier wishes you "Happy Holidays". Then you get to trot down to your Town Hall and demand the government adhere to your speech codes and provide nanny-state support of your religious symbols in the public square.

It's so magical :sparkles:

It's up there with *stereotypical right wing gently caress wit news* bitching about Christians not being allowed to practice in the military. Their tears give me strength.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I don't think this has been posted yet: The creator of Arizona's SB1070 may have been recalled from office, but the first vice chair of the Arizona Republican Party has a new idea on how to encourage women on welfare to get jobs: just require them to get birth-control implants or tubal ligations and regularly test them for drug and alcohol use!

"Want help feeding yourself and your kids? OK but let me shove this doohicky up your snatch first."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Amergin posted:

It's the one thing you can thank college Republicans/AnCaps/Libertarians for.

They also are responsible for roughly 73% of the knuckle sandwich market.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Cythereal posted:

Bile fascination at its very best, I suspect. If Hillary does run... the misogyny will be visible from orbit.

It'll be orders of magnitude worse than the racism.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

This is something I've been wondering about her polling numbers. Have there been any follow up questions in the polling about how much people "like" Hillary other than viewing her at varying levels of acceptance as president? Other than the hillaryis44 crowd, no one seems excited for her, but this is based on a sample size of poo poo that I read online.

It's also 2014 and midterms are in full swing.

Only way we'll ever break the two party will be through Glorious Revolution. So bring on President Clinton! At least that'll be more entertaining than President Living Hair.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
US Political Thread October: Halloween and Hillary Hate Hoedown.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

So is Bill Ayers, which by extension means Obama is too. The accelerationism is coming from inside the White House!

Obama is the Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers after all.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Today is the first day of hearings for the House Select Committee on Benghazi. Meanwhile, this ad will be airing tomorrow in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfFLtDJBTAs

drat I was hoping that was an ad about wasteful government spending.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Just get drunk on a vodka bottle labeled "Republican Tears" after the 2016 election. Be the best Democratic you can be.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
When you lose gently caress tons of weight the skin doesn't really shrink all that well. Clothes can help but yeah that's a lot of skin.

Though he's still up there in "holy poo poo put down the pizza and pick up the weight" land.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ErIog posted:

Looks like he also hasn't transitioned his wardrobe as fast as he's dropped the weight. It's nice to lose weight, but it sucks to realize that none of your loving clothes actually fit anymore. It's cute the first few months, but then somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd time you gotta re-buy work clothes you're pretty annoyed with it.

poo poo yeah none of my pants fit properly and I'm too lazy/poor to get new ones. Thankfully I had a bunch of shirts that were pretty tight that now fit well.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Probably doesn't help that body imagine is a huge cultural thing in the US.

Hell, it's bad enough that it spawned the fat is beautiful counter thing. No, being as fat as a walrus isn't beautiful or healthy either shut up.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

oxbrain posted:

The fat is beautiful thing is in response to it being socially acceptable to be a complete rear end in a top hat to fat people.

No poo poo? Next tell me about why nerds get swirlies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Which one? We're spoiled for choices, after all.

Anything on ESPN-SEC on Saturday I think.

SEC SEC SEC!!