Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Fried Chicken posted:

US Politics for the month of September. We are now down to this being a glorified RSS feed since everything else got shunted off to its own thread.

Free Amergin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Jackson Taus posted:

Which means he has horribly discriminated against August - starting its thread 6 days late, starting September's thread 2 days early. Fried Chicken is the real calendarist here.

Wait, what? I thought that Amergin-only thread got killed?

It might have I don't know. I do know that he provides some of the only real "debate & discussion" in these threads and why people get so mad about him is beyond me. A true troll does it just to get people worked up. Amergin does a pretty decent job at presenting an opposing view and I actually enjoy thinking about and reading how people respond. Without hat this just becomes another echo chamber steamrolling towards liberal fantasyland. Heaven forbid someone present some lovely viewpoints and people have to make a post that isn't pure reaction.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

SirKibbles posted:

People keep throwing around echo chamber but it's really not most of the threads on SA have trended towards being more specialized,these threads used to be 100s of pages. It's really not an opposing view though very rarely did he post his actual positions and when he did it wasn't anything more than standard SA liberal so I'm not seeing how a liberal pretending to be conservative is stopping an echo chamber. If you wanted to do that you'd merge Gip and D&D. :getin:

The echo chamber is created when the same ideas or values are repeated and lauded over and over. Injecting other ideas or positions that force other people (even if simply baited) is a lot better than not having that. Amergin does a reasonable job of representing a contrarian view, enough so that people feel compelled to respond. I don't see how that's such a bad thing.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Prester John posted:

Personally, I think the chances of another shutdown are very high. I don't think Boehner's leadership team could put a clean CR right now if they wanted too, which I'm not convinced they do.

Why would they want to? They've created a system where the government can limp along dysfunctionally with Obama turning grey trying to figure out how to make poo poo work while they just blame him for actually running the government.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

SirKibbles posted:

This makes me irrationally angry. I mean Americans can't even get a week of guaranteed time off,meanwhile these fucks get whole months. I know it's so they can do other jobs or whatever excuse they came up with but the Senate has how many millionaires?

The "job" of representing the good people of the United States is almost entirely raising money. Their "time off" is literally spent running from fundraising meeting to fundraiser and back again with the odd town hall thrown in if it seems helpful.