Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

The economic issue has nothing to do with the stock market and everything to do with our lack of investment in infrastructure. We've been coasting for years on the post WWII build out and done very little to reinvest in our future.

In a functional government this capital healthy environment would have us replacing and builing new roads, power, water and telecommunications but instead capital is chasing "apps" the only place you can see money betting on the future is the ones where an IPO is going to make us rich quick.

Each economic downturn is a sign its time to start going to the gym and help the most powerful economy the world has ever seen get back in shape but instead we cut education and infrastructure spending and muse loudly about why isnt there good paying jobs at home anymore?

We keep having the heart attacks are hoping for a stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I think it's time for Amergin to reveal his 50% stake in his local Burger King franchise so we can get to the heart of why he's so upset about the reduction of slave labor.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Amused to Death posted:

The other day it came up how the public just trusts Republicans more on matters of defense regardless of what the actual reality is. Well, now we have that in chart form!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/175727/republicans-expand-edge-better-party-against-terrorism.aspx

I think anyone with a soul should be concerned that the American public seems to be sliding into deep fear motivated politics again within a margin of statistical relevance.

I wish a major polling organization would go around askimg people in a condescending tone "Why are you afraid?"

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

hangedman1984 posted:

Because if there is one major problem with democrats, its that you can't tell where they stand on terrorism?

Yeah I'm feeling kind of dumb founded here because it's just kind of underlining the point. Republican terrorism policy is create more terrorists in all but name while the opposition position is "its complicated so we shouldn't probably respond to every perceived threat with a call to obliterate something complete with song and dance about it." But maybe the latter is GF's point.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Killer robot posted:

This part's not too surprising either, with or without Iraq. Leaving out fading public memories and Republicans insisting that any of their own are better than any Democrat, a lot of Bush's strongest opponents themselves have the rhetorical need to rehabilitate him enough to insist that even he was better than McCain/Romney/*2016candidate*. We'll see the same from Republicans when Obama is gone and someone else becomes the arch-communist in Washington.

I don't know I think he's likely to be used as a totem for an ursurper demon in the vein of Jimmy Carter rather than a Clinton. They've created such an imaginary Obama at this point I cannot imagine them going light on him until its time for them to claim him like MLK.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Stultus Maximus posted:

As it's been ten whole days since the August recess, the House has decided to take a vacation until after elections.

Presumably to rile up their base about that lazy golfing president.

How is this not a huge media campaign against the laziest most inept House in modern times?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Yeah I really don't get how the Democrats aren't picking this up and dancing all over the goal line up until the election. At this point the GOP doesn't apparently even see the need to keep the pretense of a functioning government, they all just collect their paychecks for no work. If we had any kind of self-awareness this would be political suicide, the majority of them being rich people on the government take for no work? The Democrats should at least pull a Rand Paul and go through some theater in the recess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Pohl posted:

How the gently caress is this even real?

College Republicans, possibly the only group of people dumber than literally everyone else.