Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samurai Sanders posted:

So, the plan is to just wait around until they murder the poo poo out of a bunch of innocent people, like they almost did just then?

Yes, welcome to America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

Austin restoration ministries are the worst offender I know of by far, although I wouldn't be shocked if others have picked up and dropped the same tactics over the last decade. They are mainly in North Austin, from Anderson Lane/Mopac to Parmer/Harris Branch. They run out into the travel lanes to knock on windows and press their leaflets against windshields of those waiting at the light.

The firemen here in SATX like to stand in the middle of the road and create a couple mile long traffic jam so they can get donations.

Amused to Death posted:

Also what exactly is the point in bottle deposits in an era of widespread curbside recycling?

You'd be surprised by the large number of people who that still misses. When there's money (a deposit) involved, people will go out of their way to make sure the can gets recycled.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

The only way to prevent bullying is to homeschool so it becomes domestic violence instead.

Makes it easier to score with the teacher at the very least.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought it was their job to identify you, not yours.

edit: I mean, when you're just walking down the street. If you're in a car, you obviously have a responsibility to show your license.

Naw, SCOTUS said it's perfectly fine to have a law that says you have to identify yourself.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

They poo poo on him for any reason at all, remember Dijon Mustard? He could cure cancer and solve world hunger and they would find some way to call those bad things. It's not politics anymore, it's a dumb loving religion.

That wacky Obama!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nothing will ever surpass a black woman saying the name of a specific kind of lettuce though.

Or suggesting that if you're thirsty, try drinking water instead of soda!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

In my county the schools are currently debating whether or not their plan to replace actual police officers in elementary schools (which are too expensive) with armed rent-a-cops is legal or not (which is probably corrupt anyway but that's beside the point), but the Pinellas County school board went right for the police militarization themselves and just bought M-16s from the DoD for school district police use even though they're, you know, not trained for crisis response or anything. :wtc:

Here in San Antonio, the city police were asked what they got from the DoD. They said that "by revealing the details that the entity is required to submit to justify receiving grant money, specific regional response capabilities for San Antonio and the San Antonio Urban Area (SAUA) would be revealed." So because terrorists. They changed their minds when presumably the looked at what they actually received. 353 pieces of cold weather gear; 44 pieces of gym equipment; 15 assault backpacks; 31 gloves*; seven magazine holders; 13 load-bearing vests; five knives; a step stool, storage boxes, medical supplies, a bomb-defusing robot and two LG flat-screen TVs.
I'm afraid what the terrorists are planning to do now that they've learned our police received two tvs from the DoD.

* I hope they don't mean pairs of gloves and somehow the DoD actually sent them an odd number of gloves.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

If you only knew how often Mr. Freeze attacks our city when Batman is no where to be found...

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

The joke I was making it that a guy who straps on some loaded guns everyday before he commutes to the insurance office will not have use for them.

Well, his coworkers hope he'll never have a use for them.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

InequalityGodzilla posted:

It's sad that a network comedian regularly does more hard hitting
stuff than the real news :(

You've never heard the expression that only the jester is allowed to tell the truth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

They just mad Obama put a kibosh on their frequent booze and hooker parties.

Look, they work hard, that means they have to play hard.