Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/border-patrol-agent-fires-at-armed-militia-member

Why not start with the Texas Border Patrol almost killing some moron playing soldier.

quote:

Border Patrol Spokesman Omar Zamora told the Associated Press that agents were pursuing a group of immigrants when one agent spotted a man holding a gun near the Rio Grande.

The agent fired four shots but did not hit the man, Zamora said. The man then dropped his weapon and identified himself as a militia member.

The sheriff said militias really aren't needed at the Texas-Mexico border given the number of law enforcement agencies already working to secure the area.

"It just creates a problem from my point of view, because we don't know who they are," Lucio told the AP.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has said it does not "endorse or support any private group or organization from taking matters into their own hands as it could have disastrous personal and public safety consequences."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The Texas militia dudes are at pretty much every gun show in the state walking around acting tough. You can spot them because they're always wearing some variant of the digital camo and covered in their own dumb unit patches. They're literally either the people that get kicked out of the military before their initial enlistment is up for doing something stupid, or those that couldn't even get into the military, so they're compensating by pretending with their buddies. Also, they all seem to either be cops or work at prisons :iiam:

If you're near a gun show, stop by and hang around them close enough to hear what they're talking about. I swear every time I hear a story about some huge bunker full of automatic weapons and ammo in the hill country that they're holding on to just in case.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

quote:

No Drama Obama’s Summer Casual Agenda for America (or What He Didn’t Do On My Summer Vacation)

Try to guess, although it's probably rather obvious.

non-facebook link.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zelder posted:

When I think common goon stereotypes, I definitely think biking.

Have you not encountered an urban goon? He's the one on a fixed gear with a helmet shaped like a fedora.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Everblight posted:

YES WE TAN

Already taken by Boehner, sorry.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zeitgueist posted:

Grover Norquist is back from his Burn, guys.

He should've taken Maureen Dowd with him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Stultus Maximus posted:

Now picturing a besuited Grover Norquist with a nude, psychedelic body painted Maureen Down tripping balls.

Pretty sure that's the cover of a Dead Kennedys album.

Vahakyla posted:

How likely it is that even in a R win over the Senate, not a lot would change before 2016? Are the odds of impending doom low due to veto power and the overall gridlock?

Yeah, only change would be less likely passage of SCOTUS nominations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So much for my comedy sketch with the governor of Maine bitching about Mexican border security.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

He's guilty on 11 corruption counts :getin:

Now to go edit the 2016 thread OP.

Hope he's enjoying his time with that gay priest he's been shacking up with.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I've got an advance version of Drudge for the month following any terror attack under Obama:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I decided to look up some more info on the Heritage guy that wrote the piece and stumbled across this instead:

http://www.nrcruise.com/speakers.htm

Never before have I wanted a boat to sink with no survivors so badly.

Oh man, John Yoo. Hope they're ready for an enhanced vacation.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
How many cities have passed ordinances making it illegal to feed people without a permit? That's how Houston has dealt with Food Not Bombs feeding homeless people anywhere near where rich people might exist. Mt friends have been trying to reverse it for a few years now, but that isn't really a battle they're going to win without going through the court system.

There are certainly specific area where the cops just leave them alone, though. Parks that aren't near new developments and the such are loaded with homeless people every day. Most of them are pretty cool people that aren't just gonna bug you for money, but there's a few schizophrenic dudes that walk around the city day after day and those guys freak me out. They're the ones that get the cops called since they tend to threaten people. Sucks cause they're never going to get actual help, just a night in jail and then back to the old routine.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Next they'll vote to give a month of maternity leave for every third kid.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lycus posted:

Is this really something McConnell would want to campaign on? All the conservative-minded people I know dislike money in politics too. Being pro-CU seems like something that only speaks to rich guys and libertarians.

What about when you become rich? Would you want your speech to be restricted then? I thought not!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Phone posted:

Because this looks great:

So many ovals, god awful interior, awful 5.4L motor. #wow #whoa

Noone has made a good looking truck since the 80's, other than the Syclone of course.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Alter Ego posted:

Between the meetings while he was skinny-dipping, the briefings while he was taking a poo poo, getting blown by a young Doris Kearns Goodwin while writing his memoirs, and pissing on his Secret Servicemen, I'm starting to think Johnson was the Diamond Joe of his time.

quote:

LBJ liked to climb into her bed for interviews. But she insists that she never joined the former president in bed, and there is no evidence that a romance occurred.

C'mon now, I'm sure nothing untowardly happened.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Counter point: Chevy/GMC trucks with angry headlights.

That front end was ok, but still not as good as their 80's trucks.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/09/08/benghazi-committee-chris-stevens-what-really-happened

Tom Ashbrook had the author of a new book on :freep: BENGHAZI :freep: and he talks about trying to rescue Vilerat a bit. Interesting interview, but sounds like the guy is just trying to be the next Black Hawk Down, but with a "I'm just saying, maybe we could've helped I dunno" perspective. There's a good caller that calls him out and Ashbrook does a decent enough job, considering how Benghazi is normally handled.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The people saying that are the same kind of people that just use Al Queda as a blanket term for all terrorists.

And besides, it's never been about justice and/or preventing more death. All they care about is making Clinton look bad.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
For real, the public was bloodthirsty as hell and Bush sure wasn't going to try to calm them down. I was in the Army at the time and there was a degree of rationality amongst my fellow soldiers, but that was mostly because we were concerned about being killed.

The anti-war crowd fighting against the Afghani invasion was ridiculously small and completely ignored by all media outside of Pacifica stations and websites like commondreams. The loving New York Times was supporting both wars, both houses of Congress and the President were rabid, and bands were tripping over themselves to write the song to be played on the loudspeakers of the first tanks to roll in. There was no legitimate alternative for mainstream Americans.

It was a brutal time for the anti-war crowd and intensely frustrating to see so many mistakes being made. Those choices have led to situations such as ISIL and a swamped VA system, while the architects get to live happily and make statements condemning the current leadership.

Edit, words

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 12, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ReindeerF posted:

This probably goes better here, unless Frank Herbert is running for Congress posthumously or something:

http://wonkette.com/559940/anchorage-pd-palins-were-present-at-20-person-brawl-fate-of-hos-weave-unknown
Yes, the C-word probably was uttered. BY US.

Anyhoo, it is probably time for anyone who was at that super-fun-times awesome shindiggity to send us some cell phone video, because WHO THE HELL WASN’T TAKING CELL PHONE VIDEO, WHAT ARE YOU A BUNCH OF IDIOTS?

This sounds more like one of SA's exclusive editorials from Bristol's baby daddy, is truth stranger than fiction?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ayn rand hand job posted:

Speaking of corporal punishment, Adrian Peterson (star NFL running back) was indicted for child abuse in Texas today after beating him with a switch on his back and genitals so hard that it caused welts that lasted for weeks.

When Peterson was asked how he felt about the incident, he said, “To be honest with you, I feel very confident with my actions because I know my intent.”

Are people like this capable of admitting fault?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Halloween is here!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I like how they're happy to spend many times as much on drug testing/castrating people on governmental assistance. Such consistent behavior from the small government types :allears:

Oh and that interview in New Hampshire reads more like she needed to check first before she answered. She clarified later in the day (I'll retract my theory if someone finds out that she magically canceled her plan after that interview) and certainly would never sully herself with federal health care of any sort. I'm sure she'll turn down the plan offered once elected to office.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 15, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I wonder if Lindsey Graham sits on his couch each night, trembling in fear of being attacked by brown people. Dude is even worse than McCain about invading people.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

He has to keep his constituency whipped up into a frothing lather at all times or they might have time to go "wait a minute...confirmed bachelor?"

So we just need to get a shot of him and his boyfriend hanging out in DC and then he'll turn into a dove?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

A racist Mormon? :monocle:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

Uh. :stare: Who is this and under what circumstances did someone (presumably more than one person) think this was a good idea and not offensive as hell?

He's a prince!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dancer posted:

Pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet. Not toooo special, just Newt being Newt (though it is nice to see a Republican actually say these things):
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ic/?tid=rssfeed

It's his drat fault, his revolution brought in all the assholes that created huge divides between the parties.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hey, some guy just hopped the White House fence and they're on lockdown again. Obama's not there. Wonder if they'll figure out what they wanted.

Which pokemon was he dressed as?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Anyone complaining about Holder after Alberto Gonzales is kinda nutty. He's done way more than I thought anyone would do, especially for civil rights.

If you want to know why he's a ok guy, look up videos of him going off on Chuck Grassley and Darrel Issa.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Can y'all take it to the chat thread, or make a new thread for fatchat?

We've got a new war and the Attorney General resigning to talk about :colbert:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Meanwhile, in Of Course That's The Case news.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/dinesh-dsouza-ex-wife-court-document

quote:

Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza's ex-wife alleged in a letter sent this week to the federal court that heard his criminal case that D'Souza was abusive, that he lied in his defense against the criminal charges, and implied D'Souza had manipulated the couple's daughter into making positive public statements about him.

In addition to addressing the illegal campaign contributions, Dixie accused D'Souza of physical abuse and suggested that he might have manipulated their daughter into making positive statements on his behalf.

"It is my husband who has an abusive nature," she wrote. "In one instance, it was my husband who physically abused me in April 2012 when he, using purple belt karate skills, kicked me in the head and shoulder, knocking me to the ground and creating injuries that pain me to this day."

"The most painful part of his conduct is his use of our daughter to bolster his character," she wrote elsewhere in the letter. "Dinesh has allowed, and perhaps encouraged, her to submit a letter to a federal judge that he knows is patently false. I am hurt and dismayed by untrue statements in our daughter's letter."

In summary, Dixie labeled D'Souza a liar.

"Dinesh lied to me, he lied to the government, he encouraged others to lie for him, and now he has allowed our daughter to submit multiple false statements to a federal court in order to avoid punishment," she wrote. "Dinesh D'Souza is not a truthful person."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Also, Lt Gov Dewhurst is a loving moron.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-dewhurst-prayer-rugs-constitutional-right-mexican-border

quote:

"Prayer rugs have recently been found on the Texas side of the border in the brush," Dewhurst said during a speech Friday at the Values Voter Summit, echoing a claim reported on Breitbart and thought to actually be an Adidas soccer jersey.

Dewhurst went on to say that he believed that states had the right to "act independently of the government" when it comes to border country.

Guess that's what happens when you lose your primary and need a job after you leave office.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

It's not a recent thing.

Yeah, it was proven false a few months ago. Which makes him talking about it even more ridiculous than the idea itself.

It shouldn't matter if a prayer rug is found on the ground somewhere in the first place, but the GOP has somehow made it even more absurd when they decided to lie about finding one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

My Imaginary GF posted:

IL Polichat: Indictments being handed down. Expect more former politicos in prison soon.

Finally, the White House chef's reign of culinary terror will come to an end!

zoux posted:

No I mean his idiocy isn't new.

Oh sorry, I forget not everyone is from Texas. We've accepted that every Governor since we let Ann Richards lose is going to be a moron.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ReindeerF posted:

And the circle of life will be complete when Dan Patrick gets elected and Dewhurst takes over his radio show, heh.

I'm still blown away that such a crazy person was able to win the primary, Texas Republican should be ashamed of themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

Oh boy. The USSS agent who finally tackled the fence jumper was off duty and just happened to be there.

This story just keeps getting better. I never would've expected the USSS to be the one agency to really fall apart from incompetence, but there ya go.

edit

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I always vote in the GOP primary because Texas. In this case, I voted really hard to save David "zzzzzz" Dewhurst.

It didn't work.

I shoulda learned after Cruz won the primary :negative:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 30, 2014