Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Problem description: Was enjoying my saturday, playing Path of Exile when all of a sudden my computer froze and I was attacked by mysterious green lines. I believe it went to the blue system memory dump screen before restarting. The computer will not boot up normally. I can't even get to the part where you log in before it goes to the blue system memory dump screen. Two sets of green lines appear on the monitor as soon as you start it up. I was able to log on in Safe Mode. I went to update the graphics card drivers and I received a message saying one does not appear to be connected. So, I'm assuming it is a graphics card issue.

Attempted fixes: Unplugged and re-plugged some stuff. Sprayed all the dust away out of the case. Reconnected the graphics card. Prayed to GabeN.

Recent changes: Windows updated a few days ago, but really don't think they are related
--

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit.

System specs: Custum computer, the Graphics Card is a piece of poo poo Radeon 4800 HD series.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Basically I'm wondering if there is anything to do that might fix the problem before I go and spend money that I don't have on a new Graphics Card. The Card is obviously hosed up, but is it possible that I might need to buy other Hardware as well? Thank you for your time, and here is some pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Replace the graphics card, hopefully that will be all you need.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Alereon posted:

Replace the graphics card, hopefully that will be all you need.

I thank you for the quick and timely response. My budget is around $200, I guess I'll check SH/SC for the best Card in that price range.

• Locked thread