Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
though the only thing separating consoles from pc is control input - so i guess what i'm actually saying is that diablo 3 is better with a controller AS ARE MOST PC GAMES (though RTS games are only playable with mouse and keyboard i mean come on)

how long until blizz relents and allows 360 controllers to be used with PC diablo 3

robin williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
doesn't the console version also handle loot a bit differently? i don't play diablo so idk for sure

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
FPS games are also only playable with mouse and keyboard.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
poo poo game marginally better with controller; the full story, at 11

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

program666 posted:

FPS games are also only playable with mouse and keyboard.

nah, not really

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

matrix ripoff posted:

nah, not really

yeah, really

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Actually OP, playing torchlight 2 I felt like having a d-pad like input for movement instead of clicking would benefit that game a lot, seeing as it has a much bigger focus on movement than let's say diablo 2. I just didn't know what to do to cram the same amount of keys on a controller, and aiming without a mouse is much worse for ranged users. So I'm really curious about how d3 plays on controllers, but I bet it's just that being a ranged character sucks.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
we could argue about "FPS with a controller" vs "FPS with a mouse and keyboard" back and forth for pages, but i'm just gonna nip it in the bud: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-killed-pc-xbox-cross-platform-play

quote:

Microsoft scrapped plans to allow PC and Xbox 360 gamers to play shooters like Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War online together because during tests "console players got destroyed every time".

program666
Aug 22, 2013

a game with the movement and shooting gameplay from smash tv but items, skills, and all the other stuff from torchlight 2 would probably be cool

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D3 on console actually controls like an action game and that honestly sounds a lot more fun than point and click

If D3 on PC let you and your friends play like it was some kind of online Secret of Mana I'd probably still be playing it

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

we could argue about "FPS with a controller" vs "FPS with a mouse and keyboard" back and forth for pages, but i'm just gonna nip it in the bud: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-killed-pc-xbox-cross-platform-play

yeah no poo poo. like im not even sure how that was even a question

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

matrix ripoff posted:

nah, not really

Christ.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Who cares OP the game sucks no matter what platform it's on.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Chomp8645 posted:

Who cares OP the game sucks no matter what platform it's on.

oh man no doubt

but uh

i like games that suck

and i ain't alone in that sentiment

Schnedwob posted:

oh yeah; console controller vs mouse+keyboard players = console players getting destroyed

but that's not the point

the point is

diablo 3 is way better with a controller

edit: okay you know, i don't KNOW that a mouse n keyboard player would destroy a controller player in diablo 3 - but i'd definitely pay, like, a dollar - like a whole american dollar - to see how that'd play out

matrix ripoff fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 31, 2014

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i'm worth one dollar to defend virgin pc virtue, guys

right here, right now

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i dont really care about how sicknasty your mouse/board headshots are, i like chilling out on a couch when playing bideo james

d3 is deffo way better on consoles, it feels like Good Gauntlet Legends Sequel instead of Bad Diablo Sequel

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Any game on the pc that is better with a controller is probably a bad game, see also: Dark Souls

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'll use any method of input i want because i'm a pc gamer and you can't stop me

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Doctor Goat posted:

i'll use any method of input i want because i'm a pc gamer and you can't stop me

I play most games with a trackball mouse (the big red ball), a power glove, and my oculus rift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Fellis posted:

I play most games with a trackball mouse (the big red ball), a power glove, and my oculus rift

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-TrackMan-Marble-FX-Trackball/dp/B00000JBUI this is the best mouse i've ever used by far

• Locked thread