Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
snes9x works fine

zsnes doesn't work well because it turns out windows 8 doesn't hw accelerate dx7 in the way zsnes wants it to.

i hated having to get off zsnes but drat it's been like 10 years since it updated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like zsnes' gui so much more despite it being a piece of poo poo that nobody likes apparently

i was gonna go through the whole library of snes games on stream at some point using it because it's all nice and self-contained but then it turned out i was way too lazy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
and nintendo is lovely at coding and can't make an emulator for gba that works on the 3ds to release wonderful gba games despite my lovely flash cart being able to do it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Ragg posted:

If you have to have the zsnes gui use this instead http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5681

oh hey, thanks. Now I got no reason to care about zsnes, much like the zsnes devs

• Locked thread