Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Orange Sunshine posted:

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2014/10/07/Jennifer-Lawrence-calls-nude-photo-leak-a-sex-crime-disgusting/4051412691854/
Jennifer Lawrence said:

It's interesting how out of touch she is. She's saying that the average person, if given the option of having millions of dollars but having naked pictures of themselves posted on the internet, would turn that down.
I'm totally on her side and this is really hosed up and everything, but man, that is a really lovely thing to say.

She probably made millions of dollars from The Hunger Games, right? I would mail my mother an 8x10 glossy photo of me with three cocks filling my orifices for $50,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

idk you're all failing to realise the common psychological effect of 'you get used to anything'

the millions wouldn't matter after a few years is what I'm saying. yeah sure you poor fucks would degrade yourselves in any way for millions now but the feeling of 'I'm RICH!' goes away and you're left with poo poo.

it doesn't matter to some people, and some people love the attention, but I feel like a lot of people that got famous probably think it isn't all it is cracked up to be. like the kid that played Joffrey in GoT, he said 'nah gently caress this I'm going back to school.'
Some people literally cannot feed, clothe, or give homes to their children. The idea of sending them to college is an insane dream to tons of people. It is a really hosed up thing to say "I have tons of money but that is worthless compared to naked pictures of me on the internet" in the reality in which we live.

But, again, it was something she offhandedly said in an interview and she probably didn't think about it very hard.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

bitter goons can't empathize with anyone news at 11
Jennifer Lawrence came out and said that there isn't anyone who would take millions of dollars if it meant having to have a conversation with their father about naked pictures of them on the internet. This is a really stupid thing to say and I'm sure if this was brought up to her she'd say "Yeah, that was dumb. My bad."

But now I'm laughing more about you defending her for it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

young people are not eloquent 100% of the time and don't say exactly what they mean especially in an interview situation during which personal questions are fired at you one after the other news at 11
...and people are making jokes about this. Again, the story is NOW about your weird defense of it.

Surprise, it turns out that if you say something really loving stupid in a interview, people are gonna react to it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

funzo2226 posted:

No you see, she is a dumb stupid uncaring bitch and she should totally apologize to all the single mothers out there.
oh cool you have decided to argue against imaginary people too. got my popcorn ready

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

at least I can string a coherent argument together that doesn't 100% involve ad hominems
and this forum is all the better for it. thank you

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

what's your point, anything bad that happens to them is justified?

Hahababaahaha

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

we don't have to agree but we should at least be able to argue opposing sides without calling each other retards imo
why should we do this?

also, hahahah

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

lol you are all some bitter rear end people why don't you rise up against the rich or act to improve your situation instead of being so happy about someone else's emotional pain?
some day, when you have achieved some distance and perspective on this situation, you will realize why your posts are hilarious.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

you don't have to but you won't be winning the internet arguments with what you're doing

you have win the internet arguments
(this is why. this is why your posts are hilarious)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

the best move would've been to not talk about the leaked pics and just move on in life

I forgot about the leak until she started talking about it again
But then how will I win the internet arguments?

• Locked thread