Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

That lowrider is incredibly cool. I wish that car cultuire would have bled out a little further than SoCal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

axel_backwards for if you are offering me the snapchattery.

I hardly ever send anything with it.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I just burped and some half-digested salmon came up.

Doesn't taste good.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Mountain Dew is just a lovely orange flavor and sugar, which makes sense. Kind of like Dr Pepper turkey/chicken, as it's a spicy flavor, again with a lot of sugar (two things often used in cooking fowl). Monster should never be used with meat or fowl, instead it is simply foul :downsrim:

Sodas make for great meat tenderizers in a crock pot. I usually put root beer and onion with my roast when I'm doing pulled pork.

Shredding tip: use aKitchenaid mixer to shred the meat. Takes seconds and no work.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Just cleaned the carpet in my bedroom with a rug doctor. That was loving gross.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Viggen posted:

Since we are on a trip through time- whatever happened to trance? We all sobered up, learned that you should respond to coworkers to keep your job, or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dQSTtdgRM0

Its not GOA annoying, but hell, I could listen to this poo poo. On my overhead cassette deck.

:smugdog:

Trance is alive and well. I listen to Armin van Buuren's "A State of Trance" almost every week.

http://www.astateoftrance.com/

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I just got back from a drat good vacation. Spent a week at an all-inclusive in the DR. I've never been to that part of the world before, and never done an all-inclusive before. What a blast. The biggest concern I had all week was "what is my alcoholic beverage of choice today?"

From the beach:

Buggy excursion though nasty cow poop roads

Decent sushi

Excellent rum and cigars

G&T whilst doing activities

brother-in-law firing up a Cuban (which he paid a hilarious amount for)

Me and wifelady with no feet

What a good time. We stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro in Punta Cana. It wasn't exactly elegant and it was MASSIVE, but the rooms were great, the drinks were strong, and the food was endless.

Also, it seems my GoPro captures have sharpened twice. I don't feel like redoing them so you get extra-sharp fisheye photos.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

So I have been thinking about how weird it is to see some cars start to appreciate in value (See: E30) recently and thought an interesting topic would be what cars you think are at the bottom of their price range. I don't think it merits it's own thread or anything but a lot of cars I have always thought were cool are getting so cheap that it seems unlikely they could dip much further. Some of what I am thinking:
  • E36 M3
  • AP1 Honda S2000
  • Nissan 350Z (I will likely catch flack for this, but I have always liked these)
  • C5 Corvettes (I would almost say these are probably on the upswing from what I have seen prices at in the past)

What others can you guys think of?

1st-gen Dodge Vipers can be had for ~$25k. I wouldn't imagine they'll sink much lower than $20k before appreciating.

Late-model Lincoln Town Cars are ridiculous for $7-8 with less than 50kmi. Some of the quietest, safest, and most comfortable cars available even though they're hilariously antiquated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Watched the Big Lebowski today with my wife. First time she'd ever seen it..loved it.

Was also drinking white Russians the entire time. I just discovered a couple weeks ago that I LOVE this drink.

e:I picked up a used Sony STR DG720 on ebay for less than $100 a few weeks ago. LOVE this receiver. Center channel/vocal sound is so much clearer than my outgoing Panasonic. Very impressed.

angryhampster fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 28, 2014

• Locked thread