Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

1) Bad day retests no longer authorized

2) BCA measurements, all Sailors will get taped regardless if they meet weight vs height. Males with a waist measurement >40 inches and females 36 inches will join FEP automatically.

3) Mandatory mark of 2.0 under military bearing on evaluations for 1st or 2nd PFA failures.

4) Conducting PFAs with a minimum of four months apart no longer a requirement.

5) Doing the PFA on the bike has been adjusted and will be harder with no gender difference on results (different criteria/levels for male or female) it will be the same for both and will no longer be translated into a run time, basically you will get a PRT score not a run time equivalent.

6) Under CO's responsibilities they have removed the "Integrate PT into the workweek, consistent with mission and operational requirements" and will now read: "Commands SHALL integrate PT into the workweek and during working hours" (eliminating some of the barriers commands have across the navy, i.e. "We have way too many things going on, we have too many flights or we have lots of maintenance to do).

7) CFL certifications will be NEC driven.

8) Random BCAs requirement in conjunction with the daily urinalysis list (*** this one is actually under review ***)

9) Those that score well in the PRT will be allowed to wear an alternative PT shirt (this one again under review) due to the many uniform changes in the last few years.

Welp, IDC is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ronnie Coleman has a 36" waist.

A natural body builder I used to work with had a 34" waist and he was 6'4".

A 40" waist is loving massive.

I was just about to post this. Also, Schwarzenegger's BMI at competitive weight was 33. If someone has a BMI over 30 and doesn't look like Arnie at competition, they're a fatty. Nobody who complains about these measurements not taking muscle into account is a bodybuilder.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PneumonicBook posted:

No poo poo?
A bmi of thirty is way bigger than twenty two though so...?

Where is 22 from? At my height, just to get taped I'd have to have a BMI over 27.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PneumonicBook posted:

I thought 22 was what the max bmi for males under forty was.

I mean it goes height, then you get a max weight you can be from that. That doesn't actually give you a bmi, that's what the tapes for.

I thought?

I guess you could extrapolate a bmi from height/weight but is probably not accurate.

22 is maximum body fat %, not BMI. BMI is calculated from height/weight, body fat from the tape.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Boon posted:

It's you man, you're the most SWO non-current SWO I've ever interacted with.

jesus dude that's harsh.

I mean, being a years-long Sailor Bob regular is pretty loving SWO but MML is at least pleasant to interact with usually.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Boon posted:

I was talking about buttplug though :confused:

And I'm drunk so I didn't notice.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Really, I loving love bourbon.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

vulturesrow posted:

Not everyone who strength trains is a bodybuilder (who obsess over cutting body fat to the point of unhealthiness). And some people just have weird proportions. I have a buddy (out of the Navy actually) who was just a short stocky guy and struggled with the tape but could max the PRT every time and could out PT most people I know. That said, I agree that your average Navy dude with a 40 inch waist probably isn't fit. This is where I think that the tape being an automatic fail is bullshit. If you can score an excellent on the PRT than the BCA shouldn't be an automatic failure.

By the way, I'm sure that you all know this by now but the proposed changes are on the cover of the Navy Times which means its official now. :science:

Also if you can't fit through a scuttle, automatic fail.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ManMythLegend posted:

No lie, I was just sketching out what my baseline "functional fitness" test would look like. First off, it would be specific to community because every tribe in the Navy has different physical requirements. For the surface (and probably subs too though I have no insight into how they really work) it would consist of two parts:

1) Starting with an FFE and SCBA on, you have to go up, and down, a scuttle for time. If you pass you move onto section 2, if you fail you get to try again. Fail a second time and you fail the test entirely.
2) Go on air then, for time, carry 80lbs of equipment 100ft, on the same deck, through a QAWTD. Then drop the gear and find a 180lbs dummy and carry/drag back through the QAWTD and the 100ft back to the starting position.

Adjust distances, weights, and times for taste until you have a reasonable standard.

It would only work if it were pass/fail. You really don't want someone trying to run this thing for higher points.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ManMythLegend posted:

Not cigars, but I was thinking of getting a salty rear end looking pipe.

http://corncobpipe.com/country-gentleman-corncob-pipe.html
http://corncobpipe.com/macarthur-5-star-corn-cob-pipe.html

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Gray Matter posted:

I was unaware Sam Adams is not considered a lesser beer? I tried some years ago, forget which variety, and it was worse than cheap domestics.

Never again :911:

I've never had a Sam Adams that didn't disappoint me. They do not make a single style of beer better or cheaper than anyone else.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

vulturesrow posted:

Look at you and your wrong opinions.

I suppose you have a counterexample?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

vulturesrow posted:

Not sure what you are looking for here...but there is no way Sam Adams isn't better than Bud/Coors/etc. Beyond that tastes vary. I don't love every variation they make but on the other hand there are very I would classify as not very good.

I guess I wasn't clear. For any beer Sam Adams makes, you can find a brewer who makes that style better.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ManMythLegend posted:

Disagree. Cruisers are the best.

I agree with everything in this post but the core thesis. What I've seen is that snake crew sizes generally tend to breed more close crews regardless of mission. If that was true then the LCS crews wouldn't have even spoken to each other.

I will say that a lovely command climate generally prevents crews from bonding. I suspect it's because everyone hates the command so much they don't want to hang out with other crew members and be reminded of it.

Every cruiser I've had to interact with was gator-level hosed up. DDGs were the best, FFGs were the special kid who tries hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus posted:

Every cruiser I've had to interact with was gator-level hosed up. DDGs were the best, FFGs were the special kid who tries hard.

e:

quote:

Ramirez’s downfall began Aug. 31, when he came on the quarterdeck shortly after 10 p.m. The command master chief, who was on board, suspected Ramirez was drunk and subsequently gave him a breathalyzer, according to a Navy report obtained by Navy Times.

The report says Ramirez blew a 0.119 and agreed to stay on the ship overnight.

lololol
How much of a loving lightweight is that XO to be visibly drunk to at .119 AND let the CMC nail him?

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 21, 2014

• Locked thread