Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ok I have 2 years left in my contract and my DOD obligated overseas tour is over, leaving me with 2 more years of shore duty. I would like some recommendations of not gay bases to go to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

What's your rate?

gently caress.

YES.

IT, aka printer bitch. I have potential billets virtually everywhere.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Boon posted:

Go to Norfolk.

(Don't go to Norfolk)

Been to Norfolk.

It was gay.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

See if you can snatch a billet in Monterey. They've got both Secret and Top Secret vaults that need computer janitors. They still had sailors tinkering with them circa 3 years ago. It's a chill as he'll command, and one of the most beautiful areas of the planet.

Will definitely check that one out. CMS-ID is in the Scrub phase so cool guys like myself can't get in.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Octopode posted:

Just be forewarned, I'm pretty sure most of the ITs at NPS end up working at the helpdesk spending their days explaining how to work projectors to PhDs and how to connect to a VPN to dumb graduate students.

If it pays the bills, and isn't straight up terrible, I could give a gently caress. There are fates worse than that :unsmigghh:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 10, 2014

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TheQuietWilds posted:

I'd go for overseas shore commands - base administrative services or hospitals in Europe (or maybe Guam, I personally loved Guam, but a lot of people seem to feel like it sucks dick. When I transferred to 29 Palms it was like being repeatedly punched in the dick with retard fists)

The issue is my rate is oconus/conus rotation, I did one conus tour, one oconus now, so I have to go back to a CONUS station. I don't have to go back to sea if I don't want to, but I do have to adhere to the conus/oconus flow regardless.

I'm sure if I wanted to shoot myself in the dick I could go oconus sea, but haha no way in hell if I have the option of a conus shore/sea billet.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 10, 2014

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

Good call, but I prefer to think of Admiral Bulkeley as my spirit animal.

He's even wearing Service Dress Khaki... :swoon:

Just get a meerschaum pipe and call it a day. They come in a gently caress ton of styles and they smoke really smooth IMO.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

Good call, but I prefer to think of Admiral Bulkeley as my spirit animal.

He's even wearing Service Dress Khaki... :swoon:

VADM Bulkeley's bio posted:

In the early 1960s, Bulkeley commanded Clarksville Base, Tennessee, then a tri-service command under the aegis of the Defense Atomic Support Agency. Having lost none of his wartime daring, Bulkeley was known to test the alertness of the Marines guarding the base by donning a ninja suit, blackening his face and endeavoring to penetrate the classified area after dark without detection. This was a dangerous endeavor, as the Marines carried loaded weapons.

Bulkeley was a loving nut :getin:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

buttplug posted:

Oh, is that what it is? I totally didn't get that the first time around.

Again, re-read what I loving posted. You don't get to make jokes about the Navy - officers or otherwise - until you're actually loving in it. None of what you said went above my head, but clearly the point I was trying to convey went way over yours.

lol look at buttplug pullin the are honor poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I must be on the gayest base in the Navy, I just made an open offer to a free case of Budweiser, not one person took me up on it, and I asked like 20 people. Budweiser may not be the best beer, but it's still alright for beer pong etc. I mean gently caress, people drink Natty ice :cripes:

(roommate moved out, left case of budweiser, and I drink Sam Adams)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poopkitty posted:

Confused. You won't even drink it and you're puzzled. LOL. Look at yourself.

Beer pong needs at a minimum 2 people. :colbert:

I wouldn't use Sam Adams for beer pong, Budweiser and lesser beers are fine for that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

I would drink budweiser before I drank Sam Adams. But then again I'm also gay for blue moon.

Don't like dark beers? Also, blue moon is incredibly gay.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I drink what I like.

Which is gallons of cum.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Angry Fish posted:

The LCS will get better by ship #80 I swear.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poopkitty posted:

Nope. Sailor suicide. Also the "XO" in the news story in the Navy times is in no way involved. By all accounts JSW is one of the best ships on the waterfront. The report message reads MUCH differently than the Navy Times Article.

How in the gently caress did Enterprise have 2 successful suicides and 2 attempted on deployment and Mewborne not get relieved?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Schlabbalabba posted:

Ket, be proud of me, I applied for a job today. Command wants to deny my 1306 to go back to subs, so I'm considering getting out as an actual possibility. Hovercraft are ghey...

I remember a couple years back you were like "gently caress subs I hate them" lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Future Schlabbalabba posted:

gently caress THE RESERVES THE RESERVES ARE GAY

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pandasmores posted:

Chemtrails.

I laughed really hard about the crazy ex-military dude who said he had to warn the President that the atmosphere had been destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

knew this asthmatic retard boot who claimed he had insomnia, but every night in garrison at like 9 or 10 this shithead would drive into town and grab a fuckin starbucks latte with 14 shots of espresso. then he would stay up all night and fall asleep midday and get loving hazed

Did you draw dicks on his face in sharpie and give him a shitler?

If not, missed opportunity IMO

• Locked thread