Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LingcodKilla posted:

Not soon enough.

November.

Great Lakes over the winter. ENJOY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

New other then everyone gets rope and choked now regardless of height/weight, and everyone with a 40" waist is automatically on FEP regardless of total BCA/PRT scores?

God that would be loving amazing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

I wasn't joking. That is literally the new PRT instruction.

gently caress yeah.

Now the question is, will commands actually enforce it on khakis. They loving need to, and I hope they do.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

I suspect that it will see spotty enforcement on the waterfront like every PRT instruction before it.

I liked when our commodore would randomly drop into ships and weigh in both the mess and the wardroom.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo.

Yeah that actually was part of a chain of a department head getting cut for being a fatty.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Christoff posted:

Here comes the PFA/taping arguments

Yo dudes the standards are lax. Quit being fat and eating midrats

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DESRON commodores are just captains not admirals. And there really isn't a whole lot for them to do unless they're deployed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Snowdens Secret posted:

Still more an argument that the billet shouldn't exist, than that it's money well spent paying that guy to terrorize fats

Well, the DESRON out in Hawaii has basically half of it's job done by a one star across the street. Commodores at other DESRONs tend to have more to do. What needs to happen is merge all the Hawaii surface ships into a single CRUDESRON that falls under the one star. This won't change much at all at the one star level and would get rid of a lot of redundancies.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DustyNuts posted:

To do a BCA measurement on someone they have to wear the PTU. If it's tied to urinalysis, they're going to have to change into the PTU after they pee. Since it's random, they're going to have to go home to get their PTU. I guess everyone is going to have to have a PTU at work, with shoes, ready to go at all times every single day.

edit: I've been both CFL and UPC so this is like my dream collateral guys

What do you mean go home? You should have a full seabag onboard at all times, shipmate. We'll have your seabag inspection after lunch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There isn't really a way to be 'fit' with a 40" waist.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ronnie Coleman has a 36" waist.

A natural body builder I used to work with had a 34" waist and he was 6'4".

A 40" waist is loving massive.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Additionally it does allow you to affirm or swear In the official USC. All of the other branches have the option for modification and I bet there's a DOD memo somewhere that says to do it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

Eh, just break it up by department or division or something.

I can see you're almost ready to be a CO. You've already moved to a point to where you just dismiss the small details. Let the underlings figure that out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bengy81 posted:

That's actually pretty much the attitude of every single lifer junior officer I ever met. So congrats Boot! You just got to experience your first bit of lovely Navy suckiness!

You know a lot of lovely JOs. Then again, so do I.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

KetTarma posted:

most JO lovely JO

I'd say the axiom "most of X are terrible people" is pretty much universally true.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

But seriously, tone it down, m0t. You really represent a SWO stereotype incarnate with your posting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sir Lucius posted:

That axiom is an EO violation waiting to happen.

Haha I hadn't even thought about race or gender when I typed that out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Seqenenra posted:

Isn't blue moon made by the coors people?

Yeah I got a 1/6 keg of it yesterday.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cruisers are also a pain to work with from the outside because the O-12 mentality up top.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mad Dragon posted:

Is this where you guys try to out-diggit each other?

Nah my give a gently caress is pretty much gone. I just wasn't sufficiently medicated earlier.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

WhiteHalo117 posted:

Tbh I hope they don't phase out CGs, it'll remove a lot of C2 aspects from the fleet. Congress expects DDGs to fill that gap permanently they're nuts.

Yeah there just isn't room to store all those extra officers.

I mean, realistically, there isn't anything an old CG can do that a flight IIa or newer can't do.

I do think both DDGs and CGs have pretty much outgrown their original designs. I think that a true hull up approach on a new ship to fill the consolidated role of the three small boys of old would be the best way to go. After the :laffo:fest that is the LCS program, though, I don't think that has even a remote chance of occurring.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you didn't show up to one of the functions you were expected to, you'd get a one on one sit down with the captain the next day typically. If you make an rear end of yourself at one, just a chat with the XO. If you were there for five minutes and bounced out, you'd get a bit of poo poo in the wardroom the next day but ultimately nothing else. If I had enough of a scowl on my face people just ignored me and I could slip out easy, but skipping any dinner events in the admirals backyard was definitely not an option. Heaven forbid if you weren't in loving crisp aloha as well.

I miss driving ships. I don't miss that type of bullshit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Well if you spent your whole life being making horrible decisions you'd tell people to be your mando-friend too.

During one of my first fitrep debriefs as an officer I was told that I was failing in my officer development because I didn't socialize more with the wardroom.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If the XO was truly innocent, then they probably would have just accelerated his taking command. There was something that implicated him as well that we're just not seeing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

poopkitty posted:

They're still conducting the investigation and they don't want him on board until it's over.

That makes sense.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

KetTarma posted:

TLDR you get assigned to some unit that may or may not have anything to do with anything you've ever been trained for.

you show up once a month to click through NKO courses and listen to GMTs. after that you hide or sleep in your car or muster constantly for uniform inspections depending on how cool your bosses are

you can keep tricare (downgrades to roughly Standard service) for 200$/month which is optional.

you will make about 225/month take home if what I remember about your service stats is still correct.

once a year you spend 2 weeks doing something that may or may not be related to what your unit does. it will range from doing field exercises with marines to picking up garbage on base to going underway to going to a navy school.

I was a nuke EM1 and now I think I'm billeted as a crane operator on cargo ships. I've never actually done it nor am I qualified to do it so I cant really remember. It's actually a fair gig for an otherwise underemployed college student. Show up, click through NKOs, do homework, go home, show up, sit through GMT, do homework, go home. Collect money.

Also no :420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: lucky they didn't dump half those boxes in the water.

• Locked thread