Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
People still care about The Sims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
funny thing is I actually felt like playing the sims for the first time since I got sick of the first game 10 years ago, but then I remember it's locked away behind a wall of bullshit like installing origin, installing a fuckload of DLCs, the sheer incompetence of current maxis making the game buggy and unstable.
I would install one of the older games again but I'm too loving lazy for this poo poo.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content – Features a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content – Features a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off!

Win.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm the guy on the left, reacting to the sims 4

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The customisation is way cooler now, at least from wht I tried of the CAS demo. Being able to dynamically change the size of body parts is win.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i've never played the sims so i got the free version of the sims 2 with all the stuff from origin and i installed it and it didn't work. i might try out the sims 4.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Soral posted:

i'm the guy on the left, reacting to the sims 4

I'm oswald ownenstein (gal on the right) reacting to SimCity 2013, Mechwarrior Online, and now The Sims 4.

Hell and probably Dragon Age 2 because it would fit the theme.

Dec 26, 2012

holy poo poo she is so loving pumped about owl hats

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I play the Sims so I can go around as an old man being a dick to people and playing videogames all day, it's very good practice "sim"-ulator for planning out your old age.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In TS3 I've been playing as a crust punk LA latina, which you can't really do in TS4 yet.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
watching people playing sims 4 and it's almost the same exactly poo poo as the first sims game I played and people will spend a lot of money on it. I didn't know an rear end could be actually laughed out.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

In TS3 I've been playing as a crust punk LA latina, which you can't really do in TS4 yet.

cut to 2 years later and i'm smoking hash in a brooklyn warehouse during a noise show on halloween.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

cut to 2 years later and i'm smoking hash in a brooklyn warehouse during a noise show on halloween.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Pewdiepie posted:

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

Wormskull posted:

if nothing else, this game works when you boot it up.

They should put that on the box.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jfc its even got todays lovely fashion sense. casuals will go mad for it

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i hear they got rid of the cool random deaths and put in lame poo poo like dying from laughter

true/false

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
I can't wait to buy The Sims 4 Basement Dwellers. Introduces the long-awaited "SJW" trait and includes items such as "Anime Body Pillow (with Questionable Stains)" and "Case of the Dew".

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mash posted:

I can't wait to buy The Sims 4 Basement Dwellers. Introduces the long-awaited "SJW" trait and includes items such as "Anime Body Pillow (with Questionable Stains)" and "Case of the Dew".

you arent funny

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

elf help book posted:

you arent funny

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mash posted:

im gonna put you on a cramped space until you die by pissing yourself to death

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mash posted:

gently caress the haters. I'd buy this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A goon DLC pack would be stupid, because it would just be a mattress on the floor and a laptop and literally no other furniture or items.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
http://www.pcgamesn.com/sims-4-producer-sims-will-not-have-emotional-reactions-their-body-weight

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

It sure would be awful if people felt like they were too fat or too skinny haha but this is real life where we only worry about laughing until we die

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE_1ZMhBTXI&t=75s

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i quite like that sims3 thread. some quality posts in there. looking forward to the sims 4 thread to see more

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
how did you feel about the absolutely brilliant "dollar spent per entertainment hour" argument

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they are all buying it so they can give their honest impressions to the people not buying it, very brave of them to spend $60 to say 'its ok' to no one

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the dollar spent per entertainment hour is classic and i am not surprised to see it being used in an EA thread with a game containing the word SIM in the title

i love doofuses. i feel a lot better talking to them nowadays the forum is a little more relaxed

Soral
May 30, 2009

they removed rabbit holes from the sims 4. that's right, where before your sim would travel across an open world to reach their work and lamely enter a non-interactive building for their work, they now simply drive off the edge of the map and disappear from the game world entirely. greatly improved, imo!!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Didn't the free sims 2 + dlc they gave away come with securom

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

elf help book posted:

you arent funny

must've hit a little close to home, eh?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Snap

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Mash posted:

must've hit a little close to home, eh?

Please strip this poster of their original gamer gang tag.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Zombie Squared posted:

Please strip this poster of their original gamer gang tag.

fits in with the rest of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

So is this in fact worth it

• Locked thread