Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

So is this in fact worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

As long as you get your personal dollar per hour entertainment ratio paid out

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'm gonna mod the game to run at 50% slowdown so people double their entertainment dollars per hour (a $60 value!) and only charge $50 for the mod

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Easily.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Widestancer posted:

no. maybe next year when more expansions are out.

Soral
May 30, 2009

oops i made an earnest post about the sims 4. poop balls faert

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I still boot up the Sims 2 because I think it's funny how stupid they can be. Never got into the sims 3 and I didn't even realize there was a 4th game until I was grabbing Wing Commander 3 off of Origin and saw the massive ads for it.

Also just saying you can get Wing Commander 3 for free right now and that is a much better use of both your money and time.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

program666 posted:

funny thing is I actually felt like playing the sims for the first time since I got sick of the first game 10 years ago, but then I remember it's locked away behind a wall of bullshit like installing origin, installing a fuckload of DLCs, the sheer incompetence of current maxis making the game buggy and unstable.
I would install one of the older games again but I'm too loving lazy for this poo poo.

Fix for babysitter routing off lots with babies.1
Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.
Babies will no longer be born to single parents.
Reduced the urge for neat Sims to put away fire pits.
Sims can no longer interview non-playable ghosts.
Sims no longer have the rare chance of getting permanently stuck while socializing.
"Become Enemies with Child" wish no longer appears.
Prevented a case where toddlers were allowed to escape a lot and wander freely.2
Eating specific prepared meals no longer has an impact on an unborn baby's gender.
Fish are no longer duplicated in the fridge when moving homes.
Televisions no longer play video after they are burned or broken.
Sims can no longer "Try for Baby" with the Grim Reaper.
Fixes a bug that causes Sims to teleport off of some of the new beds in SP01.
Fixes an issue that causes Sims to get stuck in the "Grab a Slice" interaction on pizza.
Fixes an issue that prevents the fulfillment of the "Buy a Video Game System" wish when buying the "GUGA JoyToy 3" and "Console 7" video game systems.
Sims may now walk and stand on bridges.
Dead relatives will no longer appear alive in your Sims' family trees while traveling to Egypt, China, or France.
Fire Engines will now maintain all functionality after Sims drive them in Egypt, China, or France.
Fixed an issue that caused Sim relationships to break when traveling to Egypt, China, or France.
Sims will no longer walk on water to view paintings placed on swimming pool walls.
Fixed an issue where ghosts could become stuck in vehicles under certain conditions. Ghosts will now properly exit vehicles after arriving at their destination.
Sims that catch on fire from the Invention Workstation can now have the fire put out when the firefighters are called.
The magical laundry bear Abracadabra will no longer block Sims from moving after disappearing.
Pianists will no longer continue playing pianos that have been detonated.
Mac Only: Swimming in a pool inside a high rise building will no longer cause a Sim's plumbob to become invisible.
Sims will no longer receive a wish to "Skinny Dip" with Mummies.
Pregnant Sims can no longer "Brawl."
Sims that drown while Skinny Dipping will now spin into their clothes while interacting with the Grim Reaper.
Fixed an issue that made Sims disappear from the world when exiting the carpool on their way to work.
Fixed an issue that caused Sims to leave their Toddler inside a bar at closing time.
Toddlers can no longer get fleas.
Baby Sims will no longer become stuck on a Sim's hand while driving a car.
When adopting a dog, you will now be shown whether the dog is a Little Dog or a Large Dog.
Babies and Toddlers will no longer go into a frozen state when a Social Worker comes to take them while they are being pushed in strollers.
Sims that have been turned into a Ghost will no longer receive an extra diploma.
The "Throw a Teen Party" wish will no longer appear while a Teen Party is already planned.
Ghost Sims will now remain floating when returning from Boarding School.
Children and Teens can no longer die from motive failure while on a Time Out.
An issue has been fixed that caused Unicorns to lose their special powers when using the Make All Happy cheat.
An error that causes Sims to reset when scooping a dead fish out of an aquarium has been fixed.
Sims who are on fire will no longer be forced to attend graduation before they can put themselves out.
Fixed an issue where fish placed in the Sims inventory will no longer disappear when Sims travel back from a vacation world.
Fairy children will no longer stretch into adult size when using the "Talk to Plant" interaction.
Fixed an issue with conversion spells turning inexpensive items into expensive items.
Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways.
Fixed an issue where Sims could not collect space rocks.
The Time Portal will no longer disappear when travelling to the future.
Sims that skip class activities or lecture halls will no longer have their needs frozen.
Child Sims will no longer "Play in Sand" indoors where there is no sand.
Alien abductions have been disabled on houseboats if the player has The Sims 3 Island Paradise installed.
Fixed an issue with the underwater cave where the tentacles waved forever, preventing Sims from entering the cave.
Self-employed Sims can now check into resorts without the game freezing.
Sims can now relax on floor tiles.
The Murphy Bed has been made less lethal.
Mermaid Children can now take showers.
Fixed issue with Baby Walker and Playpen that could cause toddler problems.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Time Traveler to catch on fire and not be able to be put out.
Fixed an issue that could cause a teen to be trapped in a child's body when travelling to the future at the exact moment of a birthday.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lamebot posted:

Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.
Sims no longer have the rare chance of getting permanently stuck while socializing.
Prevented a case where toddlers were allowed to escape a lot and wander freely.2
Eating specific prepared meals no longer has an impact on an unborn baby's gender.
Fixes an issue that causes Sims to get stuck in the "Grab a Slice" interaction on pizza.
Fixes an issue that prevents the fulfillment of the "Buy a Video Game System" wish when buying the "GUGA JoyToy 3" and "Console 7" video game systems.
Dead relatives will no longer appear alive in your Sims' family trees while traveling to Egypt, China, or France.
Fire Engines will now maintain all functionality after Sims drive them in Egypt, China, or France.
Fixed an issue that caused Sim relationships to break when traveling to Egypt, China, or France.
Sims will no longer walk on water to view paintings placed on swimming pool walls.
Fixed an issue where ghosts could become stuck in vehicles under certain conditions. Ghosts will now properly exit vehicles after arriving at their destination.
Sims that catch on fire from the Invention Workstation can now have the fire put out when the firefighters are called.
The magical laundry bear Abracadabra will no longer block Sims from moving after disappearing.
Mac Only: Swimming in a pool inside a high rise building will no longer cause a Sim's plumbob to become invisible.
Sims that drown while Skinny Dipping will now spin into their clothes while interacting with the Grim Reaper.
Fixed an issue that made Sims disappear from the world when exiting the carpool on their way to work.
Fixed an issue that caused Sims to leave their Toddler inside a bar at closing time.
When adopting a dog, you will now be shown whether the dog is a Little Dog or a Large Dog.
Babies and Toddlers will no longer go into a frozen state when a Social Worker comes to take them while they are being pushed in strollers.
Sims that have been turned into a Ghost will no longer receive an extra diploma.
The "Throw a Teen Party" wish will no longer appear while a Teen Party is already planned.
An issue has been fixed that caused Unicorns to lose their special powers when using the Make All Happy cheat.
An error that causes Sims to reset when scooping a dead fish out of an aquarium has been fixed.
Sims who are on fire will no longer be forced to attend graduation before they can put themselves out.
Fixed an issue where fish placed in the Sims inventory will no longer disappear when Sims travel back from a vacation world.
Fairy children will no longer stretch into adult size when using the "Talk to Plant" interaction.
Fixed an issue with conversion spells turning inexpensive items into expensive items.
Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways.
Sims that skip class activities or lecture halls will no longer have their needs frozen.
Alien abductions have been disabled on houseboats if the player has The Sims 3 Island Paradise installed.
Fixed an issue with the underwater cave where the tentacles waved forever, preventing Sims from entering the cave.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Time Traveler to catch on fire and not be able to be put out.
Fixed an issue that could cause a teen to be trapped in a child's body when travelling to the future at the exact moment of a birthday.

Oh

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mash posted:

I can't wait to buy The Sims 4 Basement Dwellers. Introduces the long-awaited "SJW" trait and includes items such as "Anime Body Pillow (with Questionable Stains)" and "Case of the Dew".

Oh hell no he didnt!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Oh hell no he didnt!!!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Don Gato posted:

Sometimes I still boot up the Sims 2 because I think it's funny how stupid they can be. Never got into the sims 3 and I didn't even realize there was a 4th game until I was grabbing Wing Commander 3 off of Origin and saw the massive ads for it.

Also just saying you can get Wing Commander 3 for free right now and that is a much better use of both your money and time.

HOLY gently caress that's like, an unlimited dollars per hour value.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lamebot posted:

this could be the plot for a pretty cool movie tbf.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

DrManiac posted:

HOLY gently caress that's like, an unlimited dollars per hour value.

Please, those of us in "the know" prefer to refer to it as DPH. It helps us when we are spreadsheeting our bitcoins. Thanks.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Did anyone remember when the Sims 3 came out and everyone started freaking out because the Sims is supposed to be for girls apparently? I have no idea why, but I remember like, official gaming magazines saying that no men would buy the Sims and the Sims is for girls and how they would go to a store and they're embarrassed to pick it up for their girlfriend or something. Like, I remember multiple gaming magazines running stuff like that. Was that some sort of fever dream or did that really happen?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
people prob. should be embarrassed if they play the sims

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

Did anyone remember when the Sims 3 came out and everyone started freaking out because the Sims is supposed to be for girls apparently? I have no idea why, but I remember like, official gaming magazines saying that no men would buy the Sims and the Sims is for girls and how they would go to a store and they're embarrassed to pick it up for their girlfriend or something. Like, I remember multiple gaming magazines running stuff like that. Was that some sort of fever dream or did that really happen?

I don't remember this but it's all over places like answers dot com and yahoo answers. This one in particular is some kind of Yahoo Answers Classique.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

Can't say that I do.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

fits in with the rest of them

Actually, the Original Gamers are cool now.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Lamebot posted:

and I never heard anyone saying "hey you can safely install this version of the sims with all expansions and it will run smooth and you'll have a good time". I was actually afraid to type this sentence.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Go into literally any thread in Games that is about a game that doesn't receive the Goon Seal of Win and you'll find the Sharmat scrounging around for fails like a retarded dog.

I just got back and I want to say that while this is 100% true I'll ask you not to kinkshame

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Soral posted:

no. maybe next year when more expansions are out.

how to make a $60 game better: throw another $60 at it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Overbite posted:

:rolleyes:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Overbite posted:

it's worked for EA since 2000, no need to stop that gravy train now. even firaxis does the same thing, most of their games need at least an expansion, but the difference is that generally they're already pretty good games at the start.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
remember when Spore only got one expansion and then dropped off the face of the Earth

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

remember when Spore only got one expansion and then dropped off the face of the Earth

Remember when Will Wright 100% sold his soul and creativity to Electronic Arts and has a hot asian wife he stuffs his sausage in every night and probably doesn't even remember when he filled this obese gamer's heart with promise and joy and then shattered it all on the floor for a fat check.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

quote:

i just got a new wish :mrgw:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

Remember when Will Wright 100% sold his soul and creativity to Electronic Arts and has a hot asian wife he stuffs his sausage in every night and probably doesn't even remember when he filled this obese gamer's heart with promise and joy and then shattered it all on the floor for a fat check.

I feel that if I were him I could have retired satisfied and with a clean conscience after producing Sim City 2000, personally.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Does anyone actually have anything to post about thisgame being actually funny-bad or will it be another classic impzone thread full of childish non sequiturs followed by ironic racism?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rexicon1 posted:

Does anyone actually have anything to post about thisgame being actually funny-bad or will it be another classic impzone thread full of childish non sequiturs followed by ironic racism?

lol look at this retarded friend of the family human being hanging his fishing hook out. North Dakota.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
just getting it out the way so we can move on and heal

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

Hurrrrrr.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Classic impzone!!

Soral
May 30, 2009

Rexicon1 posted:

there's nothing really funny about the sims 4's stunning mediocrity. also gently caress you and go away forever.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Rexicon1 posted:

AlmightyBob posted:

I have been informed that in TS4, if you're in the room with two lovers, and pee yourself, it kills you.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

It will probably be very good, successful and loved by millions once the expansions roll out

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Rexicon1 posted:

I don't know myself, white noise YOSPOS guy who makes embarrassing posts about how gamers are as bad as racists.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I don't know myself, white noise YOSPOS guy who makes embarrassing posts about how gamers are as bad as racists.

hahahahhahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
i can't wait until my gf installs this and then expects me to fix it when it starts crashing like a poorly-put together piece of poo poo. then after i fail to fix it because the game is such a piece of poo poo she'll make a sim that looks like me and send me a video of him drowning in the pool

• Locked thread