Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress off, fake Monkeu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ever since my wife died, I've been very depressed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Here you go, for anyone whom was holding out on this game.

They need to mod in Kramer's coffee table book.

Soral
May 30, 2009

pirates found a way to counter this literally hours after the crack was released

Soral
May 30, 2009

pirating games is freaking epic

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Soral posted:

pirating games is freaking epic

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Soral posted:

pirates found a way to counter this literally hours after the crack was released

The irony is that cool anti-piracy measures exist for no reason except as a special easter-egg that only the cracking team will see. How considerate of the devs.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Soral posted:

Turns out their entire anti-piracy measure depends on one file and renaming it removes the entire thing. Where have we seen this before I wonder...

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Turns out their entire anti-piracy measure depends on one file and renaming it removes the entire thing. Where have we seen this before I wonder...

I can't blame them, I mean, no matter how good your anti-piracy is, it'll get cracked in hours. Make it simple instead of wasting time and money on it, because the only people who'll be effected by it are the people who are too dumb follow the simple instructions given with their pirated copy.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Ea said there will be no sims 5 if sims 4 does not sell well enough. The sims franchise is on the line here.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SarutosZero posted:

Ea said there will be no sims 5 if sims 4 does not sell well enough. The sims franchise is on the line here.

sounds like the worst sort of threat possible.

IF YOU DONT BUY OUR lovely GAMES WE WONT MAKE MORE lovely GAMES!

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SarutosZero posted:

Instead of making a bullshit ultimatum like this, why not be a good loving developer and say "if Sims 4 doesn't sell well enough, we'll roll development back into making Sims 3 a better experience including some free DLC add-ons and lots of bugfixes."

What a wonderful world that would be

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If the sims 5 doesn't get made it your guys' fault for not buying multiple copies of sims 4.

*Please note that in the sims 5 we plan to remove all sims. But this will allows us to provide a richer, furniture placing in an empty house, experience to the player.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SarutosZero posted:

is a sims made by the same people who made sims 4 a sims worth buying sims 4 for? im gonna go with nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
they'd have a better chance of shifting more units if they said:

GUYS IF YOU DONT BUY MORE SIMS4 STUFF WE'LL JUST KEEP REBOXING AND SHIPPING OUT SIMCITY

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

this has motivated me to reinstall 3 and build a house based on Frasier's apartment so GJ

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

this has motivated me to reinstall 3 and build a house based on Frasier's apartment so GJ

Well done... Sims FTW.

Soral
May 30, 2009

greetings, fellow The Sims enthusiasts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The automated filtering used for Gallery uploads was unintentionally blocking the words “gay”, “homosexual”, or “homosapien”. It has now been fixed and these terms will not be blocked or prevented.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

How do you make it unintentionally block #gay.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Wormskull posted:

by using a cheap word filter that was last updated in 2007, probably

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wormskull posted:

it's EA, they were using the Madden filter without thinking about the audience

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

greetings, fellow The Sims enthusiasts

I been playing a "black widow" kind of thing and I made my husband jealous almost instantly just blowing a kiss at someone... Maybe the sims just got different temperaments about stuff, IDK.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I always make fancy gay sims.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I been playing a "black widow" kind of thing and I made my husband jealous almost instantly just blowing a kiss at someone... Maybe the sims just got different temperaments about stuff, IDK.

this is interesting and completely opposite to what i have experienced. i think further testing is required

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wonder if you ask for a loan from the Grim Reaper does he kill you for not paying it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

I was trying to find a wife around my community so I befriend the hottest girl. After being her best friend and making us sit together on the bed ready to make a move I realized she was just a teen and I couldn't romance her. (self.thesims)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Reddit for the win.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SarutosZero posted:

what a bunch of babies

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

lmao

I was trying to find a wife around my community so I befriend the hottest girl. After being her best friend and making us sit together on the bed ready to make a move I realized she was just a teen and I couldn't romance her. (self.thesims)

lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SarutosZero posted:

Ahahaha it's more like "if sims 4 doesn't sell enough the heads of the company are going to be cut....again".

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ahahaha it's more like "if sims 4 doesn't sell enough the heads of the company are going to be cut....again".
are you saying that the CEO is going to get fired because that ain't happening dude

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Y-Hat posted:

are you saying that the CEO is going to get fired because that ain't happening dude

if it happened before it can happen again, for the sake of PC gaming it better happen.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the CEO of EA changing would probably have no net effect on common industry practices

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ea is an glacier. slowly moving forward with no chance of changing direction. bits fall off but it keeps on moving and nothing ever changes

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

VideoGames posted:

ea is an glacier. slowly moving forward with no chance of changing direction. bits fall off but it keeps on moving and nothing ever changes

only to inevitably destroy the world via flooding

In this case its a tide of madden games and bad sequels.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

if it happened before it can happen again, for the sake of PC gaming it better happen.
even if it does happen he's gonna be rewarded with a golden parachute anyway

oh by the way nhl 15 also got gutted

A good and handsome man posted:

But good news, deeply disappointed gamers: In the first-post launch update, the NHL15 team will add all the features you've been craving, like the ability to get your coach's useless feedback in Be A Pro mode (“You were out there for a goal against, that's a minus.”), and also see who the Three Stars of the Game were after every game you play (very important stuff there). There are other modes that will get minor tweaks too, like the ability to see when a player is injured in Hockey Ultimate Team.

Then, another month later, they'll let you play the game online with six people on a team, like you've been able to do for years. What a great opportunity for you, the consumer.

Meanwhile, most reviews of the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 version of the game essentially call it a $60 roster update.

Good job all around from EA Sports. They shouldn't be embarrassed at all.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 12, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

This needs to be a custom Gang Tag just for Widestancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

• Locked thread