Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I don't care much about the match, but just hearing Strong & Earle together is to keep me tuned in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

Star Man posted:

Someone mind telling me what in the mother gently caress Deshorn Brown is doing in the midfield?

I really am about ready to throw my Pablo bobble head in the trash.

In short hiring a rookie coach was unwise. Particularly when we had actual head coaches applying for the job. Either the FO cheaped out or got scared by Oscar Pariah.

New chant next game: "win or lose we still booze!" I expect that to get a lot of use the rest of the year.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 6, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Riven posted:

Remember last year when we thought some of these guys would be going to the World Cup one day?

TBF, wasn't that talk about your two out-for-the-year defenders who have nothing to do with this catastrophe?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

In short hiring a rookie coach was unwise.

New chant next game: "win or lose we still booze!" I expect that to get a lot of use the rest of the year.

Let's just say that I felt more satisfied last night watching the MSU Denver women's team last night. They at least won.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Star Man posted:

Let's just say that I felt more satisfied last night watching the MSU Denver women's team last night. They at least won.

This team is basically a social club at this point to me. If they win again this year I'll be shocked.

Oh, 3-0? Mostly I'm surprised it took this long.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

This team is basically a social club at this point to me. If they win again this year I'll be shocked.

So I guess this is what 2012 felt like. I wasn't quite initiated then.

EDIT: OH MOTHER gently caress GO TO HELL

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Why did Dunivant get subbed so early?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TheBoyBlunder posted:

POR, @RSL, SJ, SEA, @CHV, DAL, @VAN...maybe if you're lucky you can get a win out from Chivas, but beyond that...yeah...

SeaTard posted:

Why did Dunivant get subbed so early?

Gigi Galli posted:

RIP Dunivant's dick

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Star Man posted:

So I guess this is what 2012 felt like. I wasn't quite initiated then.

EDIT: OH MOTHER gently caress GO TO HELL

Frankly I hope you have a high alcohol tolerance...this is gonna be a long end of the year. If we finish in 8th in the west I'll be surprised.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Pablo Mastroeni, professional soccer coach posted:

I don't know the rules as far as red cards go.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Yeah but let's be honest, the same is true of most of them, he's just honest enough to admit it

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Mastroeni sounds like he should be an american football coach

by the way, I'm so glad we don't have to play LA again this year.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Frankly I hope you have a high alcohol tolerance...this is gonna be a long end of the year. If we finish in 8th in the west I'll be surprised.

Sounds like it's a great time to test that. I'd do that with you right now if I wasn't at home. The stream I'm watching had a short interview with Pablo right after the whistle got blown. He's loving pissed. But really, what the hell's been happening behind the scenes that Clint Irwin didn't start for two games? I mean, good for Nasco for getting nominated for save of the week in his very first appearance, but jesus this is not the time to be shaking things up. Now watch, Berner is going to be the starting goalie next weekend against Portland and Torres will be a loving defender.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Loss or tie, we're all high!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Penalty kick for LA? Say it isn't so!

So, when do we get to start calling match fixing?

EDIT: you know what would top this night off? Colorado getting an own goal on itself.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 6, 2014

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

You know what I'm most amazed by? It's only 4-0 in the start of the second half.

highme posted:

Loss or tie, we're all high!

Thanks for the second verse! We'll have it going when you guys come to town.

Star Man posted:

Penalty kick for LA? Say it isn't so!

So, when do we get to start calling match fixing?

EDIT: you know what would top this night off? Colorado getting an own goal on itself.

We call it match fixing when Toledo is reffing. Of course Nasco made it easy for him.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 6, 2014

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Ha, the LA fans are chanting that the ref's a bastard when they knocked down a Rapids player.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm sure the Seattle fans last year were murdering each other over that 5-1 game. That was loving beautiful. Even I wondered if there was a match fix that night.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 6, 2014

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Star Man posted:

Ha, the LA fans are chanting that the ref's a bastard when they knocked down a Rapids player.

Fun fact: the Rapids last lost by 4 or more against New England on September 18, 2004. They lost 6-1 on the road.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 6, 2014

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Welp, if anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner drinking from a bottle of arsenic.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Oh. 5-0 LA. Kinda surprised it's not worse tbh.

Star Man posted:

Welp, if anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner drinking from a bottle of arsenic.

Oh pff...switch to alcohol. It's only gonna get worse from here so you'll need to save the arsenic for later.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 6, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I thought Wednesday's game might have the winning team get multiple hat tricks...

...maybe I was just two days off.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Soccer is fun.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tigren posted:

Soccer is fun.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Tigren posted:

Soccer is fun.

Beer is fun. Soccer is an excuse. Of course the Rapids are the reason at least in Colorado.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Colorado's gift to Donovan is making sure he gets that assist record apparently.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
gently caress it, let's just help LA get to ten goals tonight.

Ha. No stoppage time at all. What's the point.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 6, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No stoppage time? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FIX?!??!?

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Win or lose, we still booze!
Lose or tie we're all high!

Frankly the Rapids loving suck and this season has become a goddamn joke.

Anyway back to cheerful booze powered mockery because anger does gently caress all.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Win or lose, we still booze!
Lose or tie we're all high!

Frankly the Rapids loving suck and this season has become a goddamn joke.

Anyway back to cheerful booze powered mockery because anger does gently caress all.

I'm not even angry anymore I'm just numb. As an Arsenal supporter I thought I was immune to disappointment, turns out I'm wrong.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I think that whatever curse New England was under was passed on to the Rapids. We need to pass that curse on to Portland. Or better yet pass it on to Salt Lake :getin:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Nobody is watching PHI-TOR on TV, apparently, and so it falls to me to report that Andrew Wenger has put Philadelphia up 2-0 in Toronto just before halftime with a header off a corner.

I'm beginning to think the Union actually won that trade.

edit: Edu might get credit for tipping the header in, I can't tell from the replays who got the last touch.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 6, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dallan Invictus posted:

Nobody is watching PHI-TOR on TV, apparently, and so it falls to me to report that Andrew Wenger has put Philadelphia up 2-0 in Toronto just before halftime with a header off a corner.

I'm beginning to think the Union actually won that trade.

edit: Edu might get credit for tipping the header in, I can't tell from the replays who got the last touch.

The Union are cool and good

TFC, :lol:

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

DOOP posted:

The Union are cool and good

TFC, :lol:

Philly is a great place and team and we are all happy

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

Philly is a great place and team and we are all happy

my only solace is that in my heart of hearts i know none of this is true

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Azerban posted:

my only solace is that in my heart of hearts i know none of this is true

You're a wise man.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Besler DOGSOs BWP. Ref gives a PK, but not even a yellow, let alone a red.

Pablo Mastroeni, professional soccer coach posted:

I don't know the rules as far as red cards go.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tigren posted:

Besler DOGSOs BWP. Ref gives a PK, but not even a yellow, let alone a red.

Apparently the ref "put the card back in his pocket" according to the commentators anyway.

That absolutely should have been a red card.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MLS referees.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Watching New York get behind KC defense is pretty tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I dislike the NY Red Bulls as a general rule.

• Locked thread