Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Let us take a moment to bash our skulls in with our controllers. Is this some kind of stupid joke. I checked this out in the game and oh its there all right. This kind of thing is inexcusable. Shame on you! Arrrgh!

This ruins the entire reason Zelda is so good, it has no connection whatsoever with that drat plumber and his madcap pals. But this? Why? The Video Gamer X is really insulted by this, but I suppose I can live with it. Really, it's just Mario.

http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/zmario.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

mario in a zelda game?!

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I was fed the gently caress up with mario crew's bullshit as soon as I walked outside Tarin's home and saw loving Bow-Wow in link's awakening.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
he was in link to the past you turd

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Kilroy posted:

more leik stink from the rear end

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Video Gamer X adds: Mario does not belong in Zelda. They are two different gaming genres. A guy that looks like a Goomba is tolerable, but having their likenesses plastered on the wall of the regal Hyrule Castle is wrong. I don't think a girl like Zelda would be thinking about a little fat plumber man and his buddies at time of Hyrule's greatest conflict. She's more of the How-Can-I-Save-My -Kingdom-From-Utter-Annihilation-By-An-Evil-Force kind of girl. Indeed I do admit if it wasn't for the pesky plumber we wouldn't be playing Zelda today. That game and character have made Nintendo the gaming giant it is today. I'll bet the marketing geniuses at Nintendo HQ pressured Miyamoto into adding this little gimmick to promote their midas touched character.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

preach it, Video Gamer X

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Maim376496@aol.com enlightens us: I don't know...... I liked it. I mean, what's a game if there's no surprise unrelated to the game. Mabey Zelda saw this in one of those predicting dreams of hers and had a painter paint a picture of what she saw.

Video Gamer X put in: Theoretically speaking it just might happen... An anti-time causality loop ruptured the space-time continuum between gaming universes and directly influenced Zelda during a REM hypnogogic state to invision the spirited likenesses of a short fat man in red and blue suspenders, a taller green fat man with with a wierd mustache, and an odd green Dinosaur thing. Using her telepathic powers she contacted these ephemeral beings across the void between dimensions and beseeched their allowance to depict their greatness upon the castle wall. Low an behold the dastarly Bowser tried to sever the mind-link and used the Orb of 'Shroom to seal the temporal rupture. But, just then the Orb of 'Shroom was stolen by his lizardly kid Iggy and absconded to the wasteland world of Iggy World where he pointed the Orb of Shroom at the ill fated world of Wendy World and sent it to a strange alternate timeline of Super Mario Brothers 3. Meanwhile Mario and Luigi ate pasta, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate... Zelda was so facinated by his mystical powers to consume mass quanitites that she ordered the Royal artist to emblazon the corridors of Hyrule Castle with this omniscent being. Oddly enough, this Green Dinosaur thing called a Yoshi came and ate the entire sub space world of Super Mario Bros. 2 and thus deteriorated the temporal disturbance and severed Zelda's visions. Ever since that hallowed day, Zelda stares wistfully at the likenesses of the great ones who had expressed the secrets of infinite linguine consumption to her. This all could have been averted if Old Captain Picard in one of the timeframes collaborated with Luke Skywalker to use the force to strenthen the inverse tachyon beam. Put that in your pipe, and smoke it, bub.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Kilroy posted:

you talkin' to me?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

okay maybe dial it back, Video Gamer X

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mario is in the tommy wetphall universe!!!!!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

that's a pretty god website btw, really brings back memories of early 2000s web design thanks for the memories.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

that's a pretty god website btw, really brings back memories of early 2000s web design thanks for the memories.

it's really fantastic

Video Chick, LC Gamer, says: Yes, Guys you better watch out! I mean I have been playing video games ever since I could understand what the controllers did! (Age 5 I am now 14) Ever since then I have been a major gamer! Everytime i'm at a guyfriends house and I see he has a game system I always challenge them to a game....And guess who always kicks butt! MUWA! Yep a GIRL! WOW! A GIRL CAN ACTUALLY PLAY! So you just better watch out....Because i know there are more girls getting into it! Everytime I have a slumber party we are playing Zelda....Or Raceing games all night long! *Sorry if I sound rude* Luv yeah lots!

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

LaTex Fetish posted:

you talkin' to me?
anyone who'll listen tbh

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I've read a lot of threads in my day but this might be the funniest poo poo I've seen to date

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

This happened 16 years ago.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Pizzatime posted:

This happened 16 years ago.

Which is (I hope) why the page OP linked to is made for 800x600 resolution.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Video Gamer X put in: Theoretically speaking it just might happen... An anti-time causality loop ruptured the space-time continuum between gaming universes and directly influenced Zelda during a REM hypnogogic state to invision the spirited likenesses of a short fat man in red and blue suspenders, a taller green fat man with with a wierd mustache, and an odd green Dinosaur thing. Using her telepathic powers she contacted these ephemeral beings across the void between dimensions and beseeched their allowance to depict their greatness upon the castle wall. Low an behold the dastarly Bowser tried to sever the mind-link and used the Orb of 'Shroom to seal the temporal rupture. But, just then the Orb of 'Shroom was stolen by his lizardly kid Iggy and absconded to the wasteland world of Iggy World where he pointed the Orb of Shroom at the ill fated world of Wendy World and sent it to a strange alternate timeline of Super Mario Brothers 3. Meanwhile Mario and Luigi ate pasta, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate... Zelda was so facinated by his mystical powers to consume mass quanitites that she ordered the Royal artist to emblazon the corridors of Hyrule Castle with this omniscent being. Oddly enough, this Green Dinosaur thing called a Yoshi came and ate the entire sub space world of Super Mario Bros. 2 and thus deteriorated the temporal disturbance and severed Zelda's visions. Ever since that hallowed day, Zelda stares wistfully at the likenesses of the great ones who had expressed the secrets of infinite linguine consumption to her. This all could have been averted if Old Captain Picard in one of the timeframes collaborated with Luke Skywalker to use the force to strenthen the inverse tachyon beam. Put that in your pipe, and smoke it, bub.

Read more: The Odyssey of Hyrule-Mario in Zelda? http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/zmario.htm#ixzz3CMX1MBig
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i miss the old internet

Soral
May 30, 2009

Mario is part of the reason N64 got a whipping from the PSX. Sony labled Mario as something your little brother would play with, and Crash Bandicoot as something for the big boys. Nobody wants to be like their little brother, so they all wet and bought the PlayStation Extreem (That was the original name, hence the X in PSX) Now, thanks to Zelda 64, the "Game of the Century" Next Generation mag. N64 is back in the running against the PSX.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Holy gently caress!

Dec 26, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i miss the old internet

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
ATTENTION FANS AND VISTORS. THIS SITE IS UNDERGOING A MAJOR UPDATE AND OVERHAUL. THE NEW ODYSSEY OF HYRULE LEGENDARY EDITION HAS NOW TAKEN OVER FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE OLD ODYSSEY OF HYRULE. CHECK OUT MY PROGRESS ON THE NEW SITE. THROUGHOUT THIS MONTH I WILL BE CONSTANTLY UPDATING THE NEW SITE. PLEASE REPORT ANY ERRORS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER. DO NOT UPDATE BOOKMARKS WITH THE NEW WEB ADDRESS YET AS THE FINAL WEB ADDRESS WILL BE DIFFERENT AND ANYONE WHO HAS NOT VISITED THE ODYSSEY IN AWHILE WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED TO THE NEW WEB ADDRESS. THERE WILL BE GREAT THINGS TO COME FOR ZELDA AND THE ODYSSEY OF HYRULE IN 2005!

:unsmith: I wonder what he's doing now

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

pretty sure talon is mario

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

Let us take a moment to bash our skulls in with our controllers. Is this some kind of stupid joke. I checked this out in the game and oh its there all right. This kind of thing is inexcusable. Shame on you! Arrrgh!

This ruins the entire reason Zelda is so good, it has no connection whatsoever with that drat plumber and his madcap pals. But this? Why? The Video Gamer X is really insulted by this, but I suppose I can live with it. Really, it's just Mario.

http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/zmario.htm

Win,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did some reddit homo post this or something, all the comments at the bottom are boring nerds laughing at some epic poo poo a 14 year old made.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mario stuff has been in Zelda games for a long time

Link's Awakening had goombas as enemies and a yoshi doll

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Wormskull posted:

Did some reddit homo post this or something
hmm, yep, looks like it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Widestancer posted:

Mario stuff has been in Zelda games for a long time

Link's Awakening had goombas as enemies and a yoshi doll

and kirbys

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
there's a lot of words on this page i'm not gonna read but zeldalink was in a mario game too op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cobweb Heart posted:

ATTENTION FANS AND VISTORS. THIS SITE IS UNDERGOING A MAJOR UPDATE AND OVERHAUL. THE NEW ODYSSEY OF HYRULE LEGENDARY EDITION HAS NOW TAKEN OVER FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE OLD ODYSSEY OF HYRULE. CHECK OUT MY PROGRESS ON THE NEW SITE. THROUGHOUT THIS MONTH I WILL BE CONSTANTLY UPDATING THE NEW SITE. PLEASE REPORT ANY ERRORS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER. DO NOT UPDATE BOOKMARKS WITH THE NEW WEB ADDRESS YET AS THE FINAL WEB ADDRESS WILL BE DIFFERENT AND ANYONE WHO HAS NOT VISITED THE ODYSSEY IN AWHILE WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED TO THE NEW WEB ADDRESS. THERE WILL BE GREAT THINGS TO COME FOR ZELDA AND THE ODYSSEY OF HYRULE IN 2005!

:unsmith: I wonder what he's doing now
probably masturbating

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
im your history teacher from now on

we will study currrent games

the name of the class will be video games... X

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
there was a mario doll in link's awakening

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
there was a link doll in mario's awakening

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
there wasn't a mario in mario is missing

well not for most of it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Basically Smash Bros is a celebration of the incestuousness of the Nintendo universes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gimbal lock posted:

Basically Smash Bros is a celebration of the incestuousness of the Nintendo universes

Please don't appalachiashame

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait to play as Mario in Hyrule Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

Gimbal lock posted:

Video Gamer X posted:

You know, I used to collect and read comic books when I was younger, and once they started getting inundated with crossovers, I stopped reading them because all my favorite heros were mixed up and in different timelines or other universes and it became too confusing to follow the story. Although this Mario in Zelda incident is rather small, I know that there is a game in production that is going to combine various Nintendo characters including Link and Ganondorf and others. Its going to be some kind of fighting game from what I've read. I call it a big mistake, because it is just wrong to rip-off a character and put him into another Video Game genre. Games with combined or crossed-over characters are designed with the sole intent of suppling the company with extra profits. The Comic Book companies tried this, and didn't fare too well, and if Video Game companies follow suit the whole uniqueness of Zelda, Hyrule, and the sovereignty of the adventure could vanish.

If it wasn't for the fact that irony wasn't invented until 2004 I would have a hard time believing this person was real.

• Locked thread