Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

The big mrain in zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

mabels big day posted:

I can't wait to play as Mario in Hyrule Warriors

might it be too much to hope that they snuck in a cd-i reference or two

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

might it be too much to hope that they snuck in a cd-i reference or two

hell you'd be lucky for a handheld zelda reference

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i'm thinking maybe one random mob out of five hundred being named gamelon or something

just a lil snigger, an ah-hah

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Mr. Pumroy posted:

The big mrain in zelda

the big Maim376496@aol.com

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
wasn't mario already in a couple of the game boy zeldas????

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mabels big day posted:

hell you'd be lucky for a handheld zelda reference

or from the looks of it, a windwaker reference.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i'm kinda hoping that there's some really sweet surprises

like maybe in one stage, a huge tidal wave of yoshis of various colors comes storming over distant hills, and all they're saying is YOSHI over and over again, and Link gets this oh poo poo look on this face, and you have a great ol' time slashing a buncha gayass yoshis

i mean that's what i'd do if i were doing this stupid dynasty warriors clone thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Such Thing posted:

or from the looks of it, a windwaker reference.
Zelda has the wind waker as a weapon doesn't she

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

The big mrain in zelda

Lmao . nice

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Seshoho Cian posted:

Video Gamer X put in: Theoretically speaking it just might happen... An anti-time causality loop ruptured the space-time continuum between gaming universes and directly influenced Zelda during a REM hypnogogic state to invision the spirited likenesses of a short fat man in red and blue suspenders, a taller green fat man with with a wierd mustache, and an odd green Dinosaur thing. Using her telepathic powers she contacted these ephemeral beings across the void between dimensions and beseeched their allowance to depict their greatness upon the castle wall. Low an behold the dastarly Bowser tried to sever the mind-link and used the Orb of 'Shroom to seal the temporal rupture. But, just then the Orb of 'Shroom was stolen by his lizardly kid Iggy and absconded to the wasteland world of Iggy World where he pointed the Orb of Shroom at the ill fated world of Wendy World and sent it to a strange alternate timeline of Super Mario Brothers 3. Meanwhile Mario and Luigi ate pasta, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate... Zelda was so facinated by his mystical powers to consume mass quanitites that she ordered the Royal artist to emblazon the corridors of Hyrule Castle with this omniscent being. Oddly enough, this Green Dinosaur thing called a Yoshi came and ate the entire sub space world of Super Mario Bros. 2 and thus deteriorated the temporal disturbance and severed Zelda's visions. Ever since that hallowed day, Zelda stares wistfully at the likenesses of the great ones who had expressed the secrets of infinite linguine consumption to her. This all could have been averted if Old Captain Picard in one of the timeframes collaborated with Luke Skywalker to use the force to strenthen the inverse tachyon beam. Put that in your pipe, and smoke it, bub.

Please put this on my tombstone TIA.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i was excited to play hyrule warriors until they showed all the stuff the game has to show and none of it is from any of the good zeldas

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I remember reading the hell out of this site back in the day because I was sure that they hid the tri force somewhere in the game and that this crack squad of weird teenagers were gonna unravel nintendos super hidden mega secrets

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

I remember reading the hell out of this site back in the day because I was sure that they hid the tri force somewhere in the game and that this crack squad of weird teenagers were gonna unravel nintendos super hidden mega secrets

I received the following letter on April, 21st, 2000 from this Odyssey of Hyrule reader, Jaslin, regarding a disturbing connection between Zelda and the infamous hate group, The Ku Klux Klan. Now, I know that many young kids visit this site, so I would suggest if you're under 13 you get you Mom or Dad's permission to read this, or maybe even have them read it with you because it regards subject matter that could be offensive to some people, especially African Americans. I don't want to get angry letters about this. This is a serious discussion about a rather unpleasant part of American history.

Read more: The Odyssey of Hyrule - A Letter About the Triforce and the KKK http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/ztriklan.htm#ixzz3CX7UPpOJ
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

To be fair, most video game secrets are uncovered by crack squads of weird teenagers. Or balding near-40 basement-dwelling white dudes.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Egoraptor can be funny when hes with his Jew friend, but he has the worst opinions on his own.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

Egoraptor has the worst opinions.
He's not wrong.

Dec 26, 2012

Great Joe posted:

He's not wrong.

yeah i cant disagree with much he said there

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

actually a pretty good vid

only thing was when he said "make npcs more interesting by having them be companions with health mechanics" NO GODDAMNIT

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

You're 23 years late, OP.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Fellis posted:

actually a pretty good vid

only thing was when he said "make npcs more interesting by having them be companions with health mechanics" NO GODDAMNIT
he said "make the goron quest more interesting by having their situation affect you in a gameplay manner instead of a questwall switch"

his idea for implementing that idea is dumb as hell but if they'd found a better solution to that problem the game would be better for it

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Great Joe posted:

He's not wrong completely right on nearly every point besides his stupid Goron quest idea.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

it's funny because he's actually just really bad at the game and says it's bad because of that

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
I really hate it when people preface their arguments with 'Oh wow people are really going to crucify me for THIS one!', especially when the argument is something as banal as 'I don't think this popular video game is that good, actually' but at the same time I am sure people did in fact send him death threats for that video.

And I bet one of them was from Video Gamer X.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this was my favorite website when I was 10 years old :)

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

romanowski posted:

this was my favorite website when I was 10 years old :)

are you video gamer x

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Games for the ladies will not longer just be Barbie or Mickey Mouse, but rather emotional and romantic love stories like Final Fantasy VIII. These times are a changin' guys, so you better make room for your sister, your girlfriend, and even your mom

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

it's funny because he's actually just really bad at the game and says it's bad because of that
:lol:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

metricchip posted:

Which is (I hope) why the page OP linked to is made for 800x600 resolution.

Actually it's still a good idea to make a website 800x600 compatible, it's just that the ways of doing so have evolved so that you don't notice it as much if you have a higher resolution.

That's all I got on this topic, better minds than mine are weighing in on the Zelda-Mario debate and have said what needs to be said.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhABfxWGcQs

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
letting Link show up for some racing in mkart 8 is really ground breaking stuff regarding immigration rights in the Mushroom Kingdom.

All these years the mushroom kingdom country club has been rather exclusive, not allowing any outsiders in. Members of the greater Nintendoverse only participated in the race melees and brawls outside, not allowed to shoot a round of golf or join them on the court for a tennis match.

Truely this is a new era in the mushroom kingdom.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i thought this thread was going to be about skyward sword being full of mario bullshit

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

eat it mario!!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

zen death robot posted:

That's not Mario, the hat has an H on it...not an M

Harry-o

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I can't wait to play as Mario in Hyrule Warriors

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Alex: Well, Mr. Link, do I even have to look at your answer, but why not. Ah, another wrong answer, "How the hell should I know" is AGAIN wrong. How much did you wager. $4000, that puts you too in the minus column at -$2900. You know I've never seen a Jeopardy game this terrible with contestants this overtly stupid. Where did the producers dig you guys up from. I'm sorry but this is where I draw the line. You failures get nothing, no consolation prises, no pats on the back, nothing. Now get off of my stage before I have security throw you off.

Read more: The Odyssey of Hyrule-Zelda Jokes http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/zfunny.htm#ixzz3Ck7aSkhB

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

romanowski posted:

Alex: Well, Mr. Link, do I even have to look at your answer, but why not. Ah, another wrong answer, "How the hell should I know" is AGAIN wrong. How much did you wager. $4000, that puts you too in the minus column at -$2900. You know I've never seen a Jeopardy game this terrible with contestants this overtly stupid. Where did the producers dig you guys up from. I'm sorry but this is where I draw the line. You failures get nothing, no consolation prises, no pats on the back, nothing. Now get off of my stage before I have security throw you off.

Read more: The Odyssey of Hyrule-Zelda Jokes http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/zfunny.htm#ixzz3Ck7aSkhB

This section is intended to provide a humorous tangent to the serious Zelda site. You will find much satire and comedy on this page. Be warned, if you find it offensive TOO BAD!

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The Picture Below is submitted for your approval, by Video Gamer X. It's an Impa "Butt Cam" pic. You can definately get a good look at Impa's posterior in this most revealing image. I bet the programmers had been locked away a little TOO long in their cubicles when they made this cinema. Look at the wide-eyed expression on Link's Face. Just what is he staring at anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

The Picture Below is submitted for your approval, by Video Gamer X. It's an Impa "Butt Cam" pic. You can definately get a good look at Impa's posterior in this most revealing image. I bet the programmers had been locked away a little TOO long in their cubicles when they made this cinema. Look at the wide-eyed expression on Link's Face. Just what is he staring at anyway?

Impa win.

• Locked thread