Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Let us take a moment to bash our skulls in with our controllers. Is this some kind of stupid joke. I checked this out in the game and oh its there all right. This kind of thing is inexcusable. Shame on you! Arrrgh!

This ruins the entire reason Zelda is so good, it has no connection whatsoever with that drat plumber and his madcap pals. But this? Why? The Video Gamer X is really insulted by this, but I suppose I can live with it. Really, it's just Mario.

http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/zmario.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Video Gamer X adds: Mario does not belong in Zelda. They are two different gaming genres. A guy that looks like a Goomba is tolerable, but having their likenesses plastered on the wall of the regal Hyrule Castle is wrong. I don't think a girl like Zelda would be thinking about a little fat plumber man and his buddies at time of Hyrule's greatest conflict. She's more of the How-Can-I-Save-My -Kingdom-From-Utter-Annihilation-By-An-Evil-Force kind of girl. Indeed I do admit if it wasn't for the pesky plumber we wouldn't be playing Zelda today. That game and character have made Nintendo the gaming giant it is today. I'll bet the marketing geniuses at Nintendo HQ pressured Miyamoto into adding this little gimmick to promote their midas touched character.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Maim376496@aol.com enlightens us: I don't know...... I liked it. I mean, what's a game if there's no surprise unrelated to the game. Mabey Zelda saw this in one of those predicting dreams of hers and had a painter paint a picture of what she saw.

Video Gamer X put in: Theoretically speaking it just might happen... An anti-time causality loop ruptured the space-time continuum between gaming universes and directly influenced Zelda during a REM hypnogogic state to invision the spirited likenesses of a short fat man in red and blue suspenders, a taller green fat man with with a wierd mustache, and an odd green Dinosaur thing. Using her telepathic powers she contacted these ephemeral beings across the void between dimensions and beseeched their allowance to depict their greatness upon the castle wall. Low an behold the dastarly Bowser tried to sever the mind-link and used the Orb of 'Shroom to seal the temporal rupture. But, just then the Orb of 'Shroom was stolen by his lizardly kid Iggy and absconded to the wasteland world of Iggy World where he pointed the Orb of Shroom at the ill fated world of Wendy World and sent it to a strange alternate timeline of Super Mario Brothers 3. Meanwhile Mario and Luigi ate pasta, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate... Zelda was so facinated by his mystical powers to consume mass quanitites that she ordered the Royal artist to emblazon the corridors of Hyrule Castle with this omniscent being. Oddly enough, this Green Dinosaur thing called a Yoshi came and ate the entire sub space world of Super Mario Bros. 2 and thus deteriorated the temporal disturbance and severed Zelda's visions. Ever since that hallowed day, Zelda stares wistfully at the likenesses of the great ones who had expressed the secrets of infinite linguine consumption to her. This all could have been averted if Old Captain Picard in one of the timeframes collaborated with Luke Skywalker to use the force to strenthen the inverse tachyon beam. Put that in your pipe, and smoke it, bub.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

that's a pretty god website btw, really brings back memories of early 2000s web design thanks for the memories.

it's really fantastic

Video Chick, LC Gamer, says: Yes, Guys you better watch out! I mean I have been playing video games ever since I could understand what the controllers did! (Age 5 I am now 14) Ever since then I have been a major gamer! Everytime i'm at a guyfriends house and I see he has a game system I always challenge them to a game....And guess who always kicks butt! MUWA! Yep a GIRL! WOW! A GIRL CAN ACTUALLY PLAY! So you just better watch out....Because i know there are more girls getting into it! Everytime I have a slumber party we are playing Zelda....Or Raceing games all night long! *Sorry if I sound rude* Luv yeah lots!

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

I remember reading the hell out of this site back in the day because I was sure that they hid the tri force somewhere in the game and that this crack squad of weird teenagers were gonna unravel nintendos super hidden mega secrets

I received the following letter on April, 21st, 2000 from this Odyssey of Hyrule reader, Jaslin, regarding a disturbing connection between Zelda and the infamous hate group, The Ku Klux Klan. Now, I know that many young kids visit this site, so I would suggest if you're under 13 you get you Mom or Dad's permission to read this, or maybe even have them read it with you because it regards subject matter that could be offensive to some people, especially African Americans. I don't want to get angry letters about this. This is a serious discussion about a rather unpleasant part of American history.

Read more: The Odyssey of Hyrule - A Letter About the Triforce and the KKK http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/ztriklan.htm#ixzz3CX7UPpOJ
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

romanowski posted:

Alex: Well, Mr. Link, do I even have to look at your answer, but why not. Ah, another wrong answer, "How the hell should I know" is AGAIN wrong. How much did you wager. $4000, that puts you too in the minus column at -$2900. You know I've never seen a Jeopardy game this terrible with contestants this overtly stupid. Where did the producers dig you guys up from. I'm sorry but this is where I draw the line. You failures get nothing, no consolation prises, no pats on the back, nothing. Now get off of my stage before I have security throw you off.

Read more: The Odyssey of Hyrule-Zelda Jokes http://www.odysseyofhyrule.com/zfunny.htm#ixzz3Ck7aSkhB

This section is intended to provide a humorous tangent to the serious Zelda site. You will find much satire and comedy on this page. Be warned, if you find it offensive TOO BAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The Picture Below is submitted for your approval, by Video Gamer X. It's an Impa "Butt Cam" pic. You can definately get a good look at Impa's posterior in this most revealing image. I bet the programmers had been locked away a little TOO long in their cubicles when they made this cinema. Look at the wide-eyed expression on Link's Face. Just what is he staring at anyway?

• Locked thread