Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

i don't get the gender slider thing. are you saying you want to be 22 percent girl, 78 percent boy or some poo poo? how the gently caress does that work? i thought people like that in real life had like balls that were also ovaries or some poo poo, and i doubt they want that.

It likely represents more the various modes of expression in identity. Farewell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

my gender identity is 63% male and 37% female with a standard variance of +/-3.7%. this is a normal and human way to think about gender that covers the wide and nuanced concept of self identity perfectly and is definitely not stupid bullshit, beep boop

I didn't say perfectly, and it's about expression or whatever people call how you like you present yourself as well as offering a chance to diverge from "Classical" forms of beauty, however flawed, because the physicality of your video game avatar is generally harder to pretend than identity, I assume.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SR2's slider isn't so you can decide your character thinks their a more "masculine" looking woman on average, it's so you can make them look like one, for example. Or whatever. IMO for whatever its faults in simulating reality, it's better than just male or female choices as long as it doesn't gently caress up the clothes or skin textures or whatever developers are considering when creating limits.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know what's supposed to be funny about people who like that kind of thing other than like if some goon is really proud of his insane samoan bodybuilding pimp trans woman hitting people with a can and he's writing a lot of words about it and putting the awesome face or like, writing some fan fiction in the Saints Row forum about his character and wayne brady choked a bitch and fled the cops while on fire. You know, goon stuff.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd just do the Dark Souls thing of having two genders, but having a slider for masculine or feminine features.

I personally prefer say, in the Sims 4 or Eve or w/e where you can shape the character model. Hopefully some day for these non-binary folk's sakes they figure out a good way to give expressive freedom that isn't as offensive or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

if i can post earnestly for a moment, like the huge human being that i am, i actually think its cool when games include gender sliders because it means that They're Trying™ and also character customization is cool and the more in depth and spergy it gets the better

Agreed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

He's also morbidly obese and has a harelip.

Large black man leans back in convertible and grins, immensely satisfied, at the sun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cool Blue Reason posted:

There's two genders.

:rolleyes:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

... Gendermen.
TF2 Spy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pomp posted:

vectorgender
definition: when your gender is in the direction of something, but not actually that something. ie a vectorgirl would be someone with a gender pointed in or traveling in the direction of girlness, but who is not actually a girl.

skygender
definition: a gender that varies in clarity—one day it may be clear and easy to read and process but then it may just cloud over and become confusing.
coined by: anonymous

schrodingender
definition: a single gender that exists as if it were many genders at once
(from ‘schrodinger’, the scientist who used the famous schrodinger’s cat thought experiment to explain quantum superposition)
pronounciation: (shro-ding-gen-der)
coined by: fuinseog

nociogender
definition: a gender that you feel like you have to run away from. derived from nociception.
coined by: anonymous

kangaroogender
definition: a fluid gender that “leaps” from identity to identity
note: coiner has said that people can change it to bunny/frog/cat if they are otherkin
coined by: littlespacechild

genderwhat
definition: a gender characterized by both confusion and apathy with regards to either a fluid or stable gender identity
coined by: daedric-cisphobe

genderflora
definition: a gender that blooms and evolves based on weather and atmosphere; similar to genderfluid but more plant-like
coined by: softsaionji

gender ale
genderblank
genderblur
genderclipping
gendercluster
gendercute
genderdead
genderdormant
genderdox
gendereaux
genderfae