Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mach2 posted:

I agree. There's Trans Master Race and there's Cis Scum. No other genders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
goons

you're thinking of sex

you are thinking of sex

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fellis posted:

if everyone was trans wouldn't there just be two genders again

At the moment I’m happy being somewhere other than “male” or “female,” “woman” or “(wer)man,” “masculine” or “feminine,” even though it means often not being seen and having to explain myself over and over. I enjoy playing with those concepts but do not fit into any of them any way except for queerly. I’m actually okay with that, or at least most of me is, but part of me is desperately trying to figure it all out. I’m letting that part of me relax and become comfortable with not knowing but it’s taking its sweet time getting there.

And so, I wait. I meditate on otherness, on rarely if ever fitting in to any box, and I become at peace with it. For a little while, anyway, until the next misgendering, the next microaggression. I meditate on what it means to be other gendered, to be genderqueer, to inhabit a genderqueer body rather than a male body or a female body. I meditate on gender and I come up with and/or expand on models that help me explain the exciting and swirling complexness that is gender, and I realize I am okay being in a void, even if that often means I am just fumbling around in the dark.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
vectorgender
definition: when your gender is in the direction of something, but not actually that something. ie a vectorgirl would be someone with a gender pointed in or traveling in the direction of girlness, but who is not actually a girl.

skygender
definition: a gender that varies in clarity—one day it may be clear and easy to read and process but then it may just cloud over and become confusing.
coined by: anonymous

schrodingender
definition: a single gender that exists as if it were many genders at once
(from ‘schrodinger’, the scientist who used the famous schrodinger’s cat thought experiment to explain quantum superposition)
pronounciation: (shro-ding-gen-der)
coined by: fuinseog

nociogender
definition: a gender that you feel like you have to run away from. derived from nociception.
coined by: anonymous

kangaroogender
definition: a fluid gender that “leaps” from identity to identity
note: coiner has said that people can change it to bunny/frog/cat if they are otherkin
coined by: littlespacechild

genderwhat
definition: a gender characterized by both confusion and apathy with regards to either a fluid or stable gender identity
coined by: daedric-cisphobe

genderflora
definition: a gender that blooms and evolves based on weather and atmosphere; similar to genderfluid but more plant-like
coined by: softsaionji

gender ale
genderblank
genderblur
genderclipping
gendercluster
gendercute
genderdead
genderdormant
genderdox
gendereaux
genderfae