Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Fojar38 posted:

Literally the reason that this is all happening is because Putin and Russia at large have bought into the "US decline, rise of the BRICS" narrative. Lots of people are firm believers in the fantasy of a multipolar world where western influence is limited to Europe and North America and this is one of the reasons the "spheres of influence" argument is so often trotted out by Putin apologists. They're living in a world that hasn't existed since 1990.

*rips the last page out of The History of Mankind and waves it about*

THIS PAGE ALONE DESCRIBES THE ONLY POSSIBLE WORLD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

OddObserver posted:

Veterans stuff is exempt.

That's a very considerate move by the government. Now WWII veterans who fought the Nazis and their collaborators won't be jailed by a regime that praises the enemies they fought against. I'm sure they won't be troubled that their icons and symbols will die with them.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Eastern Europe: Anything attempting to counter a "western narrative" is immediately suspect.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

State Department spokesman gives RT journalist the smack down on her lame rear end questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMS8tYFk9Bc

Those were perfectly valid questions and that huckster stooped to bringing up his previous uniformed service, and crying about RT not going after the Russian government, in an attempt to bluster his way out of it.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Anosmoman posted:

She's trying to link those things by suggesting the US is unilaterally deploying troops from other countries in Iraq without the consent of the Iraqi government. It is not the case and she knows it.

She referenced the Secretary of Defence who testified earlier this week that he had personally pleaded for coalition members to send more troops. Turkey is, ostensibly, in that coalition. Turkey sent troops. Iraq doesn't want them.

A US official says he asked people to do something, and some of those people did what he asked. It's not unreasonable to suggest that the US is being an unreliable ally if they're encouraging other coalition members to act against the Iraqi government's wishes, and that spokesman certainly didn't handle the question well.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Baronjutter posted:

I accidentally went on reddit and read the comments for Brown Moses's latest report. Hollllly poo poo. Not a single person actually had any criticism of the report, it was just pages and pages of "lol unemployed something awful moderator" "doesn't have needed credentials, didn't read lol." Out of hundreds of comments not a single one mentioned any of the content of the report, nothing attacked the evidence or methods. Just "not real journalist" over and over and over with the occasional dash of "paid nato propagandist"

I'd like to think all of them are paid trolls but I'm sure many of them were just convenient idiots.

I'll admit I didn't read it.

I looked at his web page and saw this:

quote:

There is no direct evidence indicating if it was Russian or separatist soldiers who operated Buk 3×2 when it was in Ukraine.

followed, eventually, by this:

quote:

Ultimately, responsibility for the downing of MH17 from a weapon provided and possibly operated by the Russian military lies with the Ministry of Defense and the Supreme Commander of the Russian Armed Forces, President Vladimir Putin.

Which lead me to believe that this was a hatchet job. But I watched a video anyway, the one where the two pictures of vehicles were compared. I didn't see it was "likely" a 3. I didn't see a "fairly clear" 2. Then I control + F'd the PDF for "likely" and it came up 117 times, so I didn't bother.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
I think the rebels/Russians did it. I don't need much convincing of that. The investigation found Buk missile fragments. Every other plane that was shot down over Ukraine was brought down by the rebels. The rebels don't have an airforce, so why would the ATO forces be shooting at planes? Sure, it could be a false flag thing, but so could everything.

The only niggle I have is I think the Americans have satellite imagery they aren't talking about. They used satellite imagery to make the case that Russia was firing artillery across the border. When Flight 9268 was bombed US officials almost immediately said it was a bomb. They said we know because of thermal satellites, and if there was a missile trail we would've seen it.

So they had satellites over the area, they can spot missile trails, they're not shy about acknowledging this capability in other situations...what gives? Maybe they don't want to escalate the situation any further. I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Obama blamed them for it and said there was evidence.

EDIT: I reread his statements. He said there was evidence it came from rebel controlled territory and blamed the seperatists, who were being armed by the Russians. I guess that's not quite the same as saying Russia did it.

Flocons de Jambon fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 25, 2016

• Locked thread