Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Continuing some of the Six chat from the end of the last thread I just finished watching my second Six TV story (I've heard quite a few audios, though). The first was Revelation of the Daleks which straddled the line between great and terrible. This time it was The Mysterious Planet, and I really enjoyed it. I like Six, I liked the classic Holmes writing (the bit about the books, yes, great), and even Sabalom Glitz and the other guy.

I hope all of the Trial of the Time Lord box set is like this. (It won't be like this).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I do think I would have preferred The Mysterious Planet without the Trial cutaways, though.

There's something to be said about the intriguing nature of the story arc. But I'm not sure that's a positive something.

e: With that said I though the bit where Glitz is mysteriously bleeped out was genuinely interesting.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

CaptainCaveman posted:

Huh. Going from the audios to the TV episodes for Six must be interesting, since I think that Big Finish had a much better idea of how to use him than the TV writers did. (In fairness, Big Finish had the advantage of having seen what didn't work on TV.)

I think coming from audios makes his TV serials more enjoyable.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I just finished listening to Tom Baker at 80 which came today. It was a good listen. I liked the intro/outro music, and noted down a handful of choice quotes, which I guess I won't share because of spoilers? Spoilers for an interview, yes.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Partway through Mindwarp and I've gotta say all of the Six serials I've seen have a really strong lingering sense of grossness about them that I don't get from ones with the others in.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

So, between the three of us we've got visuals, tech and rep covered. Let's start looking at the best wiki to use, software, etc. I'll brainstorm some names and the like too, we can maybe do a vote in a weekly thread sometime in the near future.

Web design wise I've only really used WordPress so I doubt I can be helpful with that, but I can probably help come up with content and that sort of thing if it would be helpful.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

CobiWann posted:

Heck, Big Finish managed to get both Janet Fielding and Matthew Waterhouse to come back, as well as keeping Paul McGann interested AND convincing Tom Baker to take a spin one more time. For a small niche company, it strikes me that they’re doing something right to keep so many Who alumni coming back for more.

(I think Fielding only did it so she could make fun of Peter Davison…)

I know there are already a few people on this forum who are writing “classic” Doctors into the new episodes…but I like this idea.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang with Nine, and Magnus Greel as a butcher during the Time War.

Vengence on Varos with Ten and Donna. I can’t explain why, but I’d just like to see just how pissed off Donna gets as a child of the Reality TV era.

The Power of the Daleks with Eleven, because…well, one, I want to see the drat story, and two, I’d love to see Matt Smith get a top-notch, no bones about it, good Dalek story.

Inferno with Twelve, because he’s already cosplaying Three!

Yes, I believe we'll still all working on our stories!

http://targetregenerated.wordpress.com/

The reverse concept already came up with someone (was it you, even?).

If anyone wants to do this as part of this project I would have no objections. They do sound pretty cool!

As always I can let anyone know about the details via PM or email if they don't want to go through the Wordpress.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

"Unlimited Yorkshire puddings."

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

3 days left on iPlayer playback of Big Finish's EDA S04E02 adventure: Situation Vacant.

quote:

Four hopefuls attend an audition to be the Time Lord's next companion. But who compiled the shortlist? Eighth Doctor adventure stars Paul McGann and Niky Wardley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pqn8q

I was lukewarm on the prior episode, but I quite enjoyed this one.

Not sure if they're planning on broadcasting more.

PoshAlligator fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

...You know you can click the 'more episodes' button and it straight up says Nevermore is being played. Or click the 'more Doctor Who' link and it tells you it's on next Sunday at 6pm BST? They're clearly playing all of series 4 alongside the new TV season.

I don't think you can in the goofy iPlayer Radio Android app I usually use for that sort of thing. If you can then I don't know how to tap that screen I guess. That's pretty rad, then.

• Locked thread