Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I loved this episode, I love Doctor Who, I love Capaldi, I loved River Song, I loved the cracks, I've loved all of Moffat's megaplots save Clara's— though I do love her character now—, and as any wrestling fan in this thread can attest, I hate most things.

This thread confuses me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Because this thread largely loved this episode too? :confused:
I binged it. The thread, I mean. I'd say many people in the thread loved the episode, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "largely."

Most people who even liked the episode crapped all over the spoon scene, which was weird for me, because it was my favorite scene.

I'm not saying "STOP THE NEGATIVITY!" so much as I'm wondering if I watch Doctor Who differently than some, and differently than I watch most other media. It would make sense. I came to as an adult who works in film, sort of, so I'm more forgiving of a lot of things now that I understand the realities of production. Most things I get angry about when I watch, I've liked since I was young.

I think I've grown more accepting of small flaws, but selectively.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Eiba posted:

This is absolutely hilarious.

I guess it's a fantastic example of how you notice posts you disagree with more than ones you agree with or something? I don't know, it's amusing whatever the case.
This is entirely possible, and if I were to re-read the thread with this in mind, it may paint a less negative picture. But hell if I'm going to go put that kind of effort in. I'll just assume you're right, and apologize for being a negative nancy about the thread hate.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's called Confirmation Bias
No need to be condescending.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

He was just telling you the name for the term. It's something everyone experiences, so I'm sure he didn't mean it as an insult.
He assumed I didn't know what confirmation bias was, and mansplained it to me, which is condescending.

But all is forgiven. Let's just move on.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Fil5000 posted:

Could everyone please get Doctor avatars so I can pretend this derail about condescension (or lack thereof) is part of a multi doctor episode? Thanks.
I'm totally going to start imagining discussions I think are stupid as coming from the voices of characters in the avatars now. That sounds like it'd be hilarious.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Does 12 have a leitmotif that I haven't noticed? It's honestly something I was looking forward to. 9 and 10 shared one, and 11 had I am the Doctor, and it looked like 12 was getting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZTNZ6vUubA

Then that didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tim Burns Effect posted:

This right here, this is the only revival episode I've skipped. I just watched the first few minutes and went "Mmmmm no."
You missed some really good stuff and were probably very confused when a pirate showed up with a spaceship later on.

• Locked thread