Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
"Hell ya, I'm all ready for my road trip! I got 50 AA batteries for this bad boy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Power Glove? It's a piece of loving poo poo! What the... Why the gently caress, it's putting in the wrong moves. This thing does NOT work and I'm trying as hard as I can. Peace of dog poo poo.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i got the official gamecube game disc bag.

it was pretty cool really and kind of legit because small form factor dvd bags are otherwise very rare

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
http://www.instructables.com/id/The-baby-cradle-vibrator-of-peace/?ALLSTEPS

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Surprisingly, it's very effective in keeping my Vita safe.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Slur posted:

it keeps it safe, from all the games that aren't on the vita

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

that little sbap on keyboard for xbox controller is cool as heck

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Wormskull posted:

The Power Glove? It's a piece of loving poo poo! What the... Why the gently caress, it's putting in the wrong moves. This thing does NOT work and I'm trying as hard as I can. Peace of dog poo poo.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wormskull posted:

obligatory sexrex "but the power glove lets you input U+D or L+R which allows for all kinds of dumb glitches like getting super speed in Zelda 2" reply to someone poo poo talking our lord and savior the power glove

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 6, 2014

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

iirc you had to screw this on and it blocked the battery compartment of a device that ate aa like pringles

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dongslayer. posted:

iirc you had to screw this on and it blocked the battery compartment of a device that ate aa like pringles

the gg has two battery compartments on either side so it wouldn't be effected.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

or at least thats what i remember

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Real hurthling! posted:

the gg has two battery compartments on either side so it wouldn't be effected.

ya these were the extended battery things that took 6 aa batteries each or something so it lasted 30 mins instead of 20

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

the battery compartments were deffo on the sides but my dumb kid brain probably made it an issue

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea you had to screw it in but the battery compartments weren't blocked. mine got kind of loose after awhile and the magnifier would tilt inward when we went over a bump in the car. I also had power cords for the car and the wall.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

mabels big day posted:

it keeps it safe, from all the games that aren't on the vita

the vita gets very embarrassed if it sees the games that aren't for it

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

I got sick gold and silver faceplate things for my Gameboy Colour when I bought Pokemon Silver on launch day.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Super Gameboy was fun. Why play a two color game on a tiny screen when you can play with a few more colors on your tv? The gently caress did they stop at that?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Slur posted:

and you safe from the ladies!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fayez Butts posted:

and you safe from the ladies!

I can't believe you would actually say something like this. Don't be gross.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
The GameCube controller with the keyboard was always kinda funny. Actually I'd like to see how big it is compared to the wii u tablet controller

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I had one of those snap-on screen setups for my 'cube. It wasn't "portable" per se but if I was gonna have a stable place to set it and play Viewtiful Joe for an hour plus an available power outlet (the screen took up a separate outlet, wow) I could take it along with me.

also back on my original Gameboy and my Color I had a light attachment to play in the dark like some kind of imp

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

look at this baby poo poo, here's a real pc master race controller

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Custom moddssssssssss

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Seshoho Cian posted:

look at this baby poo poo, here's a real pc master race controller

the tetsuo of game controllers

anyway let's take a moment to remember the activator for the genesis/md

amen

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

the tetsuo of game controllers

anyway let's take a moment to remember the activator for the genesis/md

amen

How did this garbage machine work?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Rexicon1 posted:

How did this garbage machine work?
swing your arms
from side to side
come on, it's time to go
do the mario idiot fucker retard dance

the activator fired a number of infrared beams up, which would reflect back from the ceiling into its own sensors. theoretically, you'd move your appendages in various directions so that they'd block specific beams. if a beam got interrupted, the activator would translate that into a gamepad signal (i.e. one of the d-pad's cardinal directions or the a, b, or c button).

in reality, however, this was apparently not very reliable and besides that trying to play games this way was slow and tiring and made you look tremendously stupid

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

in reality, however, this was apparently not very reliable and besides that trying to play games this way was slow and tiring and made you look tremendously stupid

So like the kinect basically?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Remember when people would send their GBAs' to get that Afterburner backlight poo poo?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

rocket_man38 posted:

Remember when people would send their GBAs' to get that Afterburner backlight poo poo?

Now it's all about sending your ds off to get a capture card so you can post pokem lets plays and be youtube famous

also all the real cool kids installed an afterburner themself it was piss easy anyway.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Super Game Boy color palates

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

the ps *snerrrrrk* hee hee hee hee
the ps2 hahahaha
the ps2 had a...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

the ps2 had a vibrator for it
*literally explodes laffin*

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Widestancer posted:

Super Game Boy color palates

if your first experience with a gbc didn't include accidentally changing the palate and freaking out thinking you broke your new thing then I don't even want to post on the same forum as you

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

ps3 shoulda gone with the boomerang

• Locked thread