Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This is the only use that port ever got on my psx. Did anything else use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The PSX Doom had a LAN link cable that no human, ever, used.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

the PS2 horizontal stand

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Seshoho Cian posted:

the PS2 horizontal stand

you can spin the logo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Widestancer posted:

This is the only use that port ever got on my psx. Did anything else use it?

I guess there was also something that let you plug in game boy games. I dunno, I only ever used the gameshark in it.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Now I'm ready for the road trip

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Action Tortoise posted:

Now I'm ready for the road trip

My sister had a game gear. I had a game boy. She only had sonic and some lovely bearnstein bears game.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Awesome! posted:

I guess there was also something that let you plug in game boy games. I dunno, I only ever used the gameshark in it.

This is amazing

I'm glad you post here

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

rocket_man38 posted:

My sister had a game gear. I had a game boy. She only had sonic and some lovely bearnstein bears game.

power rangers and sonic 2.

judge dredd was surprisingly decent

Dec 26, 2012

Awesome! posted:

:eyepop:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Action Tortoise posted:

power rangers and sonic 2.

judge dredd was surprisingly decent

There was a good mickey mouse platformer

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

What the hell even is this. I need to know.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

All channels are poo poo when compared to the Sega Channel. Plug it into your genesis, 32x, and sega cd system pile for unlimited access to laggy sewer shark.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Blister posted:

All channels are poo poo when compared to the Sega Channel. Plug it into your genesis, 32x, and sega cd system pile for unlimited access to laggy sewer shark.

Pulseman was on that. Pulseman owns.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mach2 posted:

looks like something for portable ops or peacewalker with the konami branding and the words solid eye on there.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

one of my personal favorites is the hori super gameboy commander. you can control the speed of the game, which could be nice for rpgs and it has that cool mock-vent in the bottom corner.

Redwinters
Jan 2, 2012

ask me about non-consensual batsex

Mach2 posted:

it's a peripheral that you attach to your PSP and when using it while playing the game, you see certain parts of the game in 3D. MGS ac!d used it.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Redwinters posted:

it's a peripheral that you attach to your PSP and when using it while playing the game, you see certain parts of the game in 3D. MGS ac!d used it.

I thought it was dumb but now I see it is truly leet

Soral
May 30, 2009

Redwinters posted:

tell me about non-consensual batsex

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Not gonna lie, I watched some asian ladies in bikinis with this thing

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Seshoho Cian posted:

look at this baby poo poo, here's a real pc master race controller

It's driving me batty, I can't figure out how you're supposed to hold this thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gimbal lock posted:

It's driving me batty, I can't figure out how you're supposed to hold this thing.

between thumb and forefinger with arm outstretched on your way to the nearest window or compactor chute.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gimbal lock posted:

i think your penis is involved somehow

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
to this day I want a sega nomad so I can play sonic 3 and knuckles on the shitter

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

to this day I want a sega nomad so I can play sonic 3 and knuckles on the shitter

A PSP or any Android phone with a physical keyboard will work just fine for this.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Remember the separate piece you had to get to connect your GameCube to the Internet? For like two games.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Nasgate posted:

Remember the separate piece you had to get to connect your GameCube to the Internet? For like two games.

Fuckin' Nintendo peripherals

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Mach2 posted:

:wtc:
We just plugged our GBAs into controler ports. The only way to play Four Swords.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Great Joe posted:

the ps *snerrrrrk* hee hee hee hee
the ps2 hahahaha
the ps2 had a...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

the ps2 had a vibrator for it
*literally explodes laffin*

Don't forget that it came (wanky wanky) with a washable cover.

Mach2 posted:

Nintense...

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mach2 posted:

:eyepop:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mach2 posted:

A PSP or any Android phone with a physical keyboard will work just fine for this.

just doesnt have that classic feel mang

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

The Power Glove? It's a piece of loving poo poo! What the... Why the gently caress, it's putting in the wrong moves. This thing does NOT work and I'm trying as hard as I can. Peace of dog poo poo.

His face when he landed the plane in top gun while using the powerglove... freaking epic.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Nasgate posted:

:wtc:
We just plugged our GBAs into controler ports. The only way to play Four Swords.

Naw man you needed a different cable for that. Those are GBA link cables that only link GBAs to each other, which are plugged into a Gameboy Player which is like a Super Gameboy but for the gamecube and GBA+GBC+GB games.

I mean I suppose it is kind of neat that if you wanted to do some four player Mario Kart Super Circuit you only needed three cables.

PS: get a load of this

Playing Four Swords using four Gamecubes with GB Players plugged into a Wii.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 10, 2014

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

The great accessory that never was. You couldn't leave a trail of Deku nuts all over Hyrule and have them stay there forever. Or build tracks for F-Zero to make it playable.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

rocket_man38 posted:

The great accessory that never was. You couldn't leave a trail of Deku nuts all over Hyrule and have them stay there forever. Or build tracks for F-Zero to make it playable.

Nice image leech, idiot.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Concordat posted:

Naw man you needed a different cable for that. Those are GBA link cables that only link GBAs to each other, which are plugged into a Gameboy Player which is like a Super Gameboy but for the gamecube and GBA+GBC+GB games.

I mean I suppose it is kind of neat that if you wanted to do some four player Mario Kart Super Circuit you only needed three cables.

PS: get a load of this

Playing Four Swords using four Gamecubes with GB Players plugged into a Wii.

the gigaquad is cool as hell and i'm sad they only used it for one lp

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
dongslayer checking in to say psx memory card stickers were my loving jam

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Mach2 posted:

I thought it was dumb but now I see it is truly leet

MGS Ac!d 2 was such a good game, i bought a psp pretty much just to play it

I don't have the Ac!d Eye anymore unfortunately

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So, game link cables were pretty cool back in the day, until someone yanked theirs out when they were a sore loser, or wanted to corrupt your Pokemon save file.

• Locked thread