Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Problem description: I have an interesting issue where my keyboard becomes unresponsive in Metro: Last Light or Skyrim. Other games work fine. Any key press in game does not work. Alt-F4 is working on the keyboard as normal but any input the game asks for (esc or enter or a mapped key like walking) do not work if the game has focus.

Attempted fixes: I've tried different keyboards with the same result. I've also reloaded drivers, turned off any possible interaction software that might be used to configure the keyboard. Both games are verified via Steam. Razer keyboards come with software and such to get more use out of it. I uninstalled those and removed any listings for the keyboard in device manager then rebooted.

Recent changes: No

Operating system:
Specs: Windows 8.1 (latest updates)

System specs:
Black Widow Tournament Edition keyboard
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Sound\NIC: Onboard
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-DSH3

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Edit: Discovered another game with the same issue. This time, I got more luck in googling the issue. It is Raptr and the Steam Overlay. I feel very stupid.

Irritated Goat fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread