Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Elder Scrolls Online doing great. Very popular with the goons I bet!

jestest posted:

Who alleviated the guild bank of everything usable? There were a ton of useful crafting mats in there

Oh wait that's the last post in the ESO thread, which has had zero posts for nearly 48 hours.

Game is dead/gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
ESO is kind bad but if you think it's because of the class customization then you're pretty stupid. It's one of the only things the game does really well.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

They want to make it so everybody feels like healers do.

Seriously, I like healing but it's just loving playing whack-a-mole with HP bars in pretty much every MMO. The only one I've tried that came close to getting it right was EQ2, because it had target-of-target implied targeting so you could target the poo poo you were fighting and actually put out DPS and toss out a heal on the tank when it looked like he needed it.

I had somebody say Wildstar was better for it but yeah, it really isn't. The only difference is you need to pay attention to ground target poo poo and jump around more while still staring at HP bars and it just makes it unpleasant.

Warhammer Online did healers pretty well (and not much else). The melee healers needed to hit things to charge their mana equivalent, so they would wade into the fray smacking people and let out heals as they powered them up. The caster healers had a good system where the more they cast healing/damage spells the more it would improve their bonus to the next cast of the opposite type, so they were encouraged to mix it up between healing/damage spells or at least not be totally lopsided.

Shame the game was mismanaged into the pit of despair.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Third World Reggin posted:

The developers understood they couldn't fix this so instead made the roofs above raid bosses really neat to look at since they knew people would be looking up just to avoid drawing things on the screen

This is some funny poo poo.

• Locked thread