Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

Is there a reason Chocolate Meyers got famous?

I'm curious because I was reading that he apparently signed autographs for fans back in the day (1990's. Pre-Sirius/XM Talk Show), and that just seemed kind of strange to me.

he was basically pit road's version of the victory lane hat guy

e- oh yeah and his dad and uncle died racing in NASCAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
as someone who rewatched a ton of 90s NASCAR races at once, gently caress the victory lane hat guy

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

he was basically pit road's version of the victory lane hat guy

e- oh yeah and his dad and uncle died racing in NASCAR

his opinions on NASCAR are pretty terrible.

Like take any of the terrible opinions we've had here and in any other thread related to auto racing? They'd still be better than his.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Alain Post posted:

as someone who rewatched a ton of 90s NASCAR races at once, gently caress the victory lane hat guy

only real 90's kids will get this

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Welp:
http://kickinthetires.net/news/372-driscoll-email-called-for-psy-ops-war-to-manipulate-media.html

This is the gift that keeps on giving.

E:

quote:

“We need to take control of it and not let the Jeff Gluck’s of the world go on the Dan Patrick show.”
:drat:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q75ksrqznio

I'm sorry, I found this clip, and I can't stop laughing at the potential for .gif related fun now. (I keep imagining John Wes Townley as the guy about to hand over the license). If there were more goons with photoshop skills that were into NASCAR? That would be a hell of a thread to start in GBS.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Good god.

:holymoley:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm re-watching the Duels from 2001 - This package is :fap:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the 2001 Daytona plate package owned

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Too bad Bobby Labonte had to be a little bitch about it at 'Dega in October.

*cuts everyone off on the last lap and causes The Big One*
:qq: ITS ALL THE FAULT OF THE RESTRICTOR PLATE PACKAGE :qq:

E: HOLY gently caress STERLING MARLIN, POWER MOVE

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 10, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They probably got rid of it because Dale died but he was blocking like an rear end in a top hat anyway imo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I'm re-watching the Duels from 2001 - This package is :fap:

We should be watching these in CyTube.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Alain Post posted:

They probably got rid of it because Dale died but he was blocking like an rear end in a top hat anyway imo

It feels like every move NASCAR has made in reaction to the way cars have been designed has been because of that.

Which sucks because it feels like all they really needed to do was mandate the hans device and a few other things really.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

FuzzySkinner posted:

It feels like every move NASCAR has made in reaction to the way cars have been designed has been because of that.

Which sucks because it feels like all they really needed to do was mandate the hans device and a few other things really.

* HANS device mandated
* Soft walls
* Driver reorientation. IE greater greenhouse height and further away from the left door bars

Boom, there's 90% of the safety improvements since Sr's death

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

We should be watching these in CyTube.
Figure out a way for Cytube to work off Chromecast with my Android phone, and I'm there. Chromecast off my laptop runs like dogshit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Throw Richard Petty under the bus by dragging him out in front of the cameras. Then go on a full-fledged media assault just before the funeral to sway opinions. Like it's nothing but just a day at the office.

That's some Frank Underwood-level cold-blooded bullshit right there. :psyboom:

Figure out a way for Cytube to work off Chromecast with my Android phone, and I'm there. Chromecast off my laptop runs like dogshit.

Ah, thought you meant you were watching on YouTube. They at least were (at one point) there in their entirety.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm sorry, I found this clip, and I can't stop laughing at the potential for .gif related fun now. (I keep imagining John Wes Townley as the guy about to hand over the license). If there were more goons with photoshop skills that were into NASCAR? That would be a hell of a thread to start in GBS.

Who made Bill Elliott the NASCAR License Repo Czar?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Who made Bill Elliott the NASCAR License Repo Czar?

The smug dick expression makes it.

"Give me your keys. You suck" :smug:.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ahhh, the good ol days of nascar when we had real american drivers like Cooter Davis and Buddy Kiss Jr.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cygni posted:

ahhh, the good ol days of nascar when we had real american drivers like Cooter Davis and Buddy Kiss Jr.

Mods change my name to all of these

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Vintage Angie Skinner :getin:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20150209d

Sorenson stole the kids from Tommy Baldwin :smith: Now they'll never eat free again.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Vintage Angie Skinner :getin:

She's like DW now.... was fun to watch back in the day but now she's a shrill talking head.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

all that's missing is a methboat equivalent and this will hit mayfield levels

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Remember though, she's still a victim here

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

There's no victims in something this amusing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Remember though, she's still a victim here

wow, i was really, really wrong on this one

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

This is the best off season ever.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cygni posted:

I didn't know NHL player Jason Williams was a NASCAR driver.

Or the football player.

Or are they referring to the basketball player and just misspelled his name?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Cygni posted:

Buddy Kiss Jr.

but enough about Jerry Sandusky!

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne

Possibly Chicken posted:

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20150209d

Sorenson stole the kids from Tommy Baldwin :smith: Now they'll never eat free again.

It looks like there was an update after you posted this. They'll sponsor Sorenson for the 500 but will return to TBR for the other three plate races so there's hope... if Bowman is what you can call hope.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

elmono311 posted:

It looks like there was an update after you posted this. They'll sponsor Sorenson for the 500 but will return to TBR for the other three plate races so there's hope... if Bowman is what you can call hope.

Alex Bowman is better than Sorenson imo

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I just hope the kids get one good meal this year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The current Truck field has 25 entries for Daytona
NASCAR is really unhealthy lol.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

26 by my count, 8 short of a full field.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Jesus christ I didn't know it was that bad :stare:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Welp just less people you gotta worry about.

Kick rear end, take names. More importantly, try to make sure guys like Busch and Kes. quit ruining races ;).

e: Who's the goon that made this?

http://diecastcrazy.com/community/threads/2013-21-spencer-gallagher-allegiant-truck-1-24.121381/

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 11, 2015

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

That's with a a poo poo-ton of announcements this week, and some strong part-time teams with drivers who haven't been approved for the speedways (00, for example).

Nationwide should be better.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Welp just less people you gotta worry about.

Kick rear end, take names. More importantly, try to make sure guys like Busch and Kes. quit ruining races ;).

e: Who's the goon that made this?

http://diecastcrazy.com/community/threads/2013-21-spencer-gallagher-allegiant-truck-1-24.121381/

See this SRA people are making bootleg cars because you have no merch.
Sell us a hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Man trucks have just been free falling in counts. Be a good time to get noticed but how long can they keep this going unless they start downsizing to maybe how small it was in the beginning.

• Locked thread