Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Previously on FIFA 14 Parmos....

Yeah, it didn't go too well. The club was left open to the public so any old idiot was allowed to join, so they all did. Games ended up being who can do the most skill moves by the corner flag with 9 strikers. Everyone gave up trying and that was that for Parmos, save for a few plucky souls who left to create a new club which brings us to....

FC Goal Devils.

Yeah the name sucked, but all the superstar skill movers were behind us, no more being stuck in Div 6 for us. We picked up a few decent pubbies along the way and after plenty of chokes, we picked up our Div 1 title.

We scored some sexy goals like this

and this

and err... this.

So with 15 now imminently upon us, it's time to be Back in Black (and Pink and White).

FIFA 15 Parmos

Parmos will be open to all, but the club itself will be locked to friends only, so if you aren't friended to someone in the club you won't be able to auto join and will be stuck waiting on someone to add you.
The main bulk of players for last year are in Euro time zone, but we usually ended up playing late enough for other timezones to join in.

People to ask for invites on Origin.

Skyfire58
Kratlitrufen

People to send abuse to for not passing and shooting from 35 yards

Knoddus

I usually sent out chat invites from Origin to get games started, so it's worth getting one of us on the list, but as a back up and as Origin absolutely sucks for organizing things, I've also made a steam group as if you're stupid enough to play games on Origin, you've probably already got a Steam account as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FIFAGoons

Mumble Server

FIFAGoons.cheapmumble.com
Port 2009

password : PASSIT

I'll also be recording matches, so gifs of goals will be available on request.

Skyfire fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
There was actually a pretty cool but also brief revival that ended a few weeks ago and we floated around division 1 and won the top tournament 3 times in a row one night which was pretty neat.

Unfortunately I kept getting really mad (because I'm a giant pathetic nerd) and decided that while some words such as "loving pass the loving ball" and "did you know that you can also pass sideways or backwards and aren't in fact forced to move forward by a wall of lava, you fuckers" might be needed, it would be best to wait until the new game is out to get into anything like that so I kind of quit playing and I guess so did everyone else, and now here we are with the new game coming out in like 10 days. Anyway, I feel like the team is theoretically very good and even plays very well off and on but that we need some work in terms of useful things like "patience" and "vision" and other football words. Hopefully some more cool nerds get the game this year since it's ~next gen~ and poo poo, and we can play lots of games and do all the moves after we score goals against a bunch of russian teenagers.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
So pumped! Heard good things about the next gen engine, more concerned that AI might still be absolutely useless but gently caress it :supaburn:.

Also,

quote:

People to send abuse to for not passing and shooting from 35 yards

Knoddus

lololol

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Cheapest places I've seen FIFA 15 going so far are

cdkey.com £28 with another 5% off with a facebook like

G2A has it for £27.89

Here has it for £33 but has the 15 bonus gold packs

Everywhere else seems to be in the £35-£40 region, bit disappointing, I'm sure GMG had it for less than £25 last year.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah think GMG had it at £30 or so and you could use a 20% voucher on it, either way it is cheaper than the ~€65 it is on origin. Also really really hope that heading is a bit nerfed this version, was playing some clubs today and had a bunch of teams with 5"8 midgets score header after header.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

GMG currently has it for $45 (~£28) after a 25% code which is the best deal I've seen in the US. It also comes with the FUT bonus if you care about that sort of thing.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

I think that's a physical copy though, their download copy is a ridiculous £50 before discounts.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

How is the online PC gaming scene with finding club matches? I'm definitely buying this but I'm choosing between playing this with friends on PS4 or PC.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010

SlimBrady posted:

How is the online PC gaming scene with finding club matches? I'm definitely buying this but I'm choosing between playing this with friends on PS4 or PC.

It has never been a problem, league matches are found within 15 seconds in most cases, up to a minute or two when it gets late at night.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

This is more like it

£24.99 from SimplyCDKeys

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I created the club a few minutes ago, so any nerds that want in can add me, although I don't know if we're gonna play any until the game comes out in europe.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

SimplyCDKeys just shipped keys if anyone is still waiting to get this.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010

Skyfire posted:

SimplyCDKeys just shipped keys if anyone is still waiting to get this.

Yup got mine, does it unlock midnight BST or normal European time?

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

There's a countdown on Origin, but I'm being a filthy cheater so can't check at the moment.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

1st Parmos matches coming up soon....

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Anyone who wants in this, adding me won't help anymore because I no longer own the game.

Also I would recommend not buying it very much to anyone who is on the fence.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Goals from today's games

First Parmos Goal

Krat does a screamer

Why you always have someone on the line at a corner

Oh god Knoddus passed, the world is officially ending.

Equaliser after being 3-1 down

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Nice goals! Not being able to play with y'all is basically the only thing I'll regret, R I P.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Had fun yesterday, we had moments where we played well and moments when we played like poo poo. Either way it has finally begun.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Just need to hold on to the ball a bit more. Defending seems a bit nerfed this year, so the less time you spend without the ball the better.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
It might be worth mentioning that penalties and free kicks are out of common decency given to the player who drew the foul, regardless of their position on the field.

Anyways going to be Parming it up tonight so anyone who still wants in just give add Skyfire58 or KratliTrufen on your friendslist.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

And don't switch to chat half way through a match, for some reason they've changed it this year so it pauses the game. Also leads to a rather interesting bug we had last night of playing a match while everyone was using the half time spectator cam.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Pro time....

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Not much worth giffing today, just the improved goalkeepers on show

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Near post shooting seems to work a lot more this year.

atheist peas
Nov 27, 2005

get the torch
I'll get involved guys! Another euro, I usually play late too. Love pro clubs, but drat drop-in matches can be a chore to get through sometimes..

my origin u/n's atheistpeascfc

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Added, we're Parming atm.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Really good games tonight, 8-3-1 for the night with about 20+ goals

1st goal of the day

Pretty volley

Knoddus has nerves of steel to bury this equalizer in 90+ minutes

I 1-2 with Knod to score a nice juggle volley

Amir scores a good turn and shoot

This happened alot

Apparently EA thinks this is a penalty

Yep long shots all day

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
Very nice.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Some good games today, finally got my lagging to stop which helps out on a personal level. Great to see us climbing the tables again!

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
I'd like to get in this, sent a friend req to those listed in OP

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Signed up for a Mumble server so we can collectively yell at the AI for doing something stupid.

FIFAGoons.cheapmumble.com

Port 2009, password PASSIT

It's got a 15 user limit which I doubt we'll reach but you never know.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Going to be parming later tonight?

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Yep, need to sort out that point for the championship.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played FIFA for four years and never played this game mode so I don't really know what I'm doing but I'd like to play with goons. Sent an Origin friend request to Skyfire (from Laridia).

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
I feel we are starting to gel more now, getting some good games going. Important to leave egos aside when playing, get some great pass and move plays when that happens.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Some gifs from the past week

Keeper Ping Pong

Nice 1-2 to last minute Equalise

Johan's excellent freekick
http://www.gfycat.com/UntriedSelfassuredBilby

Shot Assist
http://www.gfycat.com/OrnateGracefulApisdorsatalaboriosa

Nice passing move

K4rl0ss does a ridiculous run

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I posted this in the general FIFA thread but it immediately turned into a conversation about whether you can score with long shots or something so hoping people here will know:

Tunga posted:

Every time I play Pro Clubs and select RM it puts me in LM in-game but claims that I played RM. Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

I'm guessing it's just drop-in's? Think it's been in for ages, definitely remember it happening in 14. Expect it to be fixed sometime never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

This is how you do long shots

Big stupid 35mb version

http://www.gfycat.com/TinyGlossyFiddlercrab

• Locked thread