Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

DekeThornton posted:

I really like what I've seen so far of this season. Even the most dislikable of the contenstants this year, like Felice Herrig, seem like pretty decent human beings. They are just a bit annoying. And the fights will probably be pretty damned rad. Now that my favourite, Torres, is out I guess I'll root for Dr Kneevil.

Herrig may not be everyone's favorite personality but she knows how to promote herself which is something a lot of the UFCs fighters can't seem to do. Unless she stinks up the cage that could keep her around a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

How can I watch old eps of this is it on on demand? I forgot to set TiVo.

P.S. I don't have fight pass

Fightpass doesn't have this season up. I wish it did because I would have kept my subscription for it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

All these fights should be 3 rounds considering the stakes, but I'm good with that decision.

Isn't the two round thing related to these fights being exhibitions and not officially recorded fights?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Is this real life? Just be happy that she promotes attention to the show and then will get beaten to a pulp by one of the really cool and talented fighters. She's doing exactly what she's known for and the UFC is happy about it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

JoJo vs Rose really feels like it should have been a semi-final fight.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Too bad the next round of episodes' non-fight sections are likely to be more generalized and less focussed on the people fighting because an hour of nothing but Thug Rose and JoJo sounds extremely watchable. They both seem among the most grounded in the house in addition to being pretty ladies.

Jojo is adorable and Rose is going to be a star so this is a good guess.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Vote Sweeper 2000 posted:

Kaaarma Feliiice

:siren:

I loved that. "Don't worry you're next."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

Lol did Randa actually have flight issues or did Carla and Randa get into an altercation at the Fox studio

The weather is insane right now in the north so it is likely.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

It seems like a lot of the cast are hurting their brand. The only ones I see as really taking advantage of things in the positive are Randa by beating two fighters ranked above her, Jojo in the exposure she gets as being one of the sane ones, and Rose being Thug Rose. Everyone else seems to devolve into twitter tantrums.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

fatherdog posted:

Aisling Daly has been portrayed pretty positively so far, to the extent that she's been portrayed at all. Her rooting for her teammates was humanizing and she ain't lost yet.

That is true. But I get the feeling the UFC wouldn't be all in on her if they were given the choice. But her and JoJo being professional and calm in the middle of any drama that was going on has been nice.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

fatherdog posted:

I don't think they're going all in on her because I don't think they think she's good enough to go all in on; if she was good enough to work her way in to the top echelons they'd be thrilled to get behind her because it's another fighter to put on Conor McGregor cards

That is true. They are using JoJo a lot for European promotions as well.

Ironic Twist posted:

Also Angela Hill's probably helped her brand a lot, considering that no one knew who she was before TUF and she came off likable compared to the other Skrapettes (ugh).

That is also true. I have to wonder who the focus of the show would have been without Herrig and her BFF making so much noise.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

wooger posted:

Wow, apart from anything else, tonight showed that Felice's relative fame pre-show is all due to being an attention whore - it's not even like she's good looking compared to any of the others...

Probably she'll have a fine career, cos she's clearly willing to promote a fight. Love to see Randa in the finals vs. Jojo though.

Felice being able to promote herself is a great asset to have for a fighter. She just happens to be pulling her gimmick against far more likable people.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

As much as I like Rose and JoJo I have to admit seeing Randa take the gold from the 14th seed has a really nice appeal to it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That's assy. I'm definitely more interested in Penne/Markos than either of the man fights.

I hope Randa gets a chance to do many cool and violent things to Carla in the near future.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

wooger posted:

It is so transparently obvious that Rose winning is the best for the UFC, due to her incredible looks alone.

And her fighting style is more fun, AND her fella is a charismatic UFC vet. So much more marketable it's just incalculable.

This is the kind of loaded fight that always goes wrong for the UFC - I'll watch eagerly.

Looks certainly help but they aren't everything. Meisha Tate is cleans up well but she has the personality of someone who's constantly smelling a fart.

As far as marketability goes Rose is certainly near the top. As quiet as Jojo is she's still a huge asset for the European market. Randa's run during the season makes for a good story for sure. And Angela Hill is really young and has charisma and can pull in the coveted fart joke friendly crowd. Felice is going to stick around because she's about marketing herself and getting media attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

Everybody outside Rose, Randa, and Carla are really bad (and like two of the above three are merely bad), no outcomes would really surprise me.

Also I think it's likely the champion tonight is not gonna successfully defend their title.

Jojo's good it isn't her fault she has the British wrestling gene in there somewhere. :smith:

• Locked thread