Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I assume it was Zak Jenson solely on the basis of spelling his name Zak

From now on we are enemies...you and I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Felice's footwork looked really good while they were standing. Or at least good enough that it stood out to me in comparison most WMMA fighters. I'd have to go back and watch how she really used it but she looked very light on her feet and smooth.

Edit: Magana was grating but I'd probably be pretty loving grating too if I was missing out on ice bath time because some fucker who rode a stationary bike for a couple hours was in it.
Edit2: However the ladies' inability to get behind Heather for her fight and what looks like the inability to accept Teisha onto team Pettis is stupid and really awful. I got upset when the guys from the GSP/Kos were giving Nam Phan poo poo for jacking off in the shower before his fight, and all this was way worse.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 24, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
People self-sabotaging never makes sense but it happens all day every day. And training is hard.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm out of shape at 135 right now.

With a passion for competitive encounters,

Intel&Sebastian

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Thug Roses' role in the show so far as awkward sounding board for everyone elses poo poo is hilarious.

I was 50/50 on the stand-up, nothing was happening but it was a position that was probably about to result in them breaking apart anyway with a decent chance they both end up standing anyway. Aisling watching UFC Dublin should've been a longer part of the show and I completely misunderstood Patty O's post-fight speech until this ep and it totally gave me the feels.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm not sure how much the coaching would actually affect established fighters like this...but from what I can divine from the footage Pettis is smartly focussing on sharpening everyones technique and Gilbert is focussed on looking chill and babysitting his girls.

Edit: They're both pretty weird around women though. Pettis' inspiration by way of stuffing his rear end into tiny tights notwithstanding.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 31, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Too bad the next round of episodes' non-fight sections are likely to be more generalized and less focussed on the people fighting because an hour of nothing but Thug Rose and JoJo sounds extremely watchable. They both seem among the most grounded in the house in addition to being pretty ladies.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I had Calderwood tagged as a smart, good person based solely on the interview segment where she said the house was crazy so she just kept her head down and stayed out of it for the most part.

That whole "abuse" segment from Rose was really odd. I thought I had zoned out and missed exactly what kind of abuse she was talking about but as it went on I realized it was just edited in an strange way to keep the segment about abuse in general. Like...I think they let her say she was sexually harassed a lot and let people extrapolate from there? It was weird.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Did I hear wrong or did Thug Rose tell Kron Gracie she was on her period during her cry? I bet it'd be nice to get that out of the way during your first fight rather than the others. Other than that: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

canada jezus posted:

Heather fights with a hosed acl and people still hate her. Rose fights on her period and she's the next rousey.

She was jumping up and down on it before her fight, whatever.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

1st AD posted:

Heather Clark is so Brazilian she married one.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Snowman_McK posted:

And had a boring as gently caress fight.

Lots of signees had lame fights on the show. Especially when the division is thin, much less non-existent.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
There must be something stopping them because this kind of low-mid tier FOX show is exactly the kind of thing these channels like using as streaming fodder a day after they air.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Vote Sweeper 2000 posted:

Kaaarma Feliiice

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Alright caught up with the season last night:

- The room move drama was dumb, but not quite as dumb as "Lets cut our practice time in half just so we don't have to look at eachother".

- Tecia/Bec was an interesting fight. Tecia looked very smart closing distance...but otoh Bec looked pretty bad at staying Rangey for more than 10 seconds at a time.

- Carla's neverending takedown is both stupid and effective. Most of the girls will have no option other than to run away from it like Tecia had to and eventually one of the takedowns is bound to be on correct timing. W.R.E.A.M.

- Felice was pretty obviously trying to make Randa a villian in her own brain to help herself, but she also kind of admitted it. She is a Diaz at heart.

- Randa is a rad fighter and completely had Felice's number. Sweet finish too.

- Randa's ice cold "You're next" was a highlight of the season. She's got mad mental toughness and it-factor to walk out of a fight and be able to banter with Carla so well.

- Was it just me or was Justine/Tecia(?) poo poo-talking eachother the best deadpan friendly poo poo talk on TUF ever? They were cutting deep and didn't blink until the end. I thought it was pretty loving funny.

- Rose and JoJo's staredown was ace. That one and Randa/Felice are some of my favs ever.

- I think FD said it best when he called Rose a buzzsaw. Her kicks look positively scary sometimes. She's the best in the house about pulling the trigger. She does it more times in one fight than a lot of these girls do in the whole season. JoJo didn't look bad really but...European grappling :/

- Conor McGregor finally meets a room he can't charm lol. Him, Aish and Hooligan should have a show all their own.

- I thought Penne looked like she had relatively good BJJ, I'd like to see her fight Randa but I don't like the odds of that being the finale fight.

Edit: One other thing I noticed, Pettis has been MIA from practice twice on the show. Which in reality means he was missing so often they had two segments they couldn't even edit around to hide it.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 5, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Not really how I would've defended myself from claims that my gym is a place where people go too hard but alright dude

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Angela Magana's twitter continues to own btw.

In addition to these she's mostly been endlessly retweeting the most childish fake Bec Hyatt account ever that keeps talking like she's getting drunk and fingered 24/7. Apparently all in good fun since she posts pics of them hanging out too.

quote:

Whenever Zuffa officials are around I do the job. Smile. Don't complain if my antibacterial hand gel ruins ur sad little lame posters

Note on the above, she also tweeted a picture of the guy and called him sad looking

quote:

Was suppose to do an interview for some low rate sat-radio show. gently caress that. Going back to bed instead for some beauty sleep.

quote:

Cutting to commercial really took away from a great finish. Very disappointing. Thankfully ufc aired the fight again on the ppv (4)

I just want to see an unconscious bitch in a pool of blood not a metro pcs commercial.

:lol:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
with all the "your majesty" stuff can we start calling her Killer Queen?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Rose and her ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED mean mug after freaking out over her Randa win was one of the best moments in the show.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Magana interviewed about her cool twitter account

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/11/7345613/angela-magana-on-newfound-twitter-infamy-im-actually-just-being-myself

quote:

"My motivation wasn't to gain followers," Magana said. "It was just these f---ing scumbag losers on Twitter who want to abuse me. I'm not gonna sit back and let them abuse me.

"I might as well use it as my tool. I'm like addicted to this s--- now."

Magana, 31, has even spawned her own catchphrases, not unlike the pro-wrestling characters she grew up watching. She has taken to calling her Twitter followers "peasants" and herself "Your Majesty." The latter has stuck so much that she'll be using it as her official UFC nickname. Bruce Buffer will actually announce her as Angela "Your Majesty" Magana on Friday night at the Palms.

"It comes from me being so much better than those f---ing losers on there," Magana said. "I'm not like that in my every day life. I don't think I have peasants and stuff. But on Twitter? Hell yeah."

The ones like Conor McGregor who let it all hang out verbally are the ones who have the bigger chance to stardom, she said. Magana uses her TUF castmate Emily Kagan as an example of the opposite.

"Nobody is gonna f---ing remember Emily," Magana said. "I love Emily, but she has no charisma. She has no personality on TV. Even if she puts on a great fight, nobody remembers those people. The only people they're going to remember is people who talk."

"I believe just being myself, not censoring myself and just being who I am definitely helps me," said Magana, who owns wins over current MMA champions Barb Honchak and Jessica Aguilar. "Ronda been talking her entire career. I'd rather not be the Jon Jones type who's going to be fake and say it's all about Jesus."

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's assy. I'm definitely more interested in Penne/Markos than either of the man fights.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
She cleans up nice, but I think Markos and Calderwood are prettier. Rose is undeniably the most fun fighter in the division as far as fight style goes. She pulls the trigger as well as anyone this side of Rousey.

I also think Angela Hill is cute.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If Magana can win a fight I give her a 50/50 chance of either doing something so hosed up she gets canned, or successfully deploying her Sonnen/MacGregor studies to recognition.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Can anyone with a larger TV and/or brain tell me if Randa was trying to grabb her own shorts during the Kimura? I'm so used to Rogan saying it and then mentioning if a fighter is or isn't doing it that I couldn't tell.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Yeah it looked to me like she was holding on to her shirt. It's a smart move and something Jojo didn't think to do.

Edit: You can see it here: http://gfycat.com/ParchedBarrenHamadryad

Looks like she lost her grip trying to pass.

Thanks man. That moment where she snaps into the Pat Barry face will live with me forever, it's such a great TUF moment.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Dancing Peasant posted:

So are we using this thread for the GDT then or something?

Also, Charles Oliviera came in 147, lol

The last time he did this...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
So the show was Aisling Daly's first time at 115 lbs, if I'm reading correctly?

Tough spot for her. Definitely too small for 135, appears to be killing herself to get to 115.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Top control might be too good in MMA but not in W115

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I heard Randa tossed that aura in the trash on some Talking Dead type follow up show, but I wasn't about to put myself through that.

• Locked thread