Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
Are iPhone Plus's only going out to preorders right now or can you buy them from a store as shipments come in because they have some loose quantities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I finally saw a regular 6 in person at a T-Mobile store today. It's not that much bigger than the 5S. In fact, seeing it further justified to me that the 6 Plus was the right choice for me, Bendghazi or no Bendghazi.

The battery kicks so much rear end, you guys.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lelandjs posted:

So I finally saw a regular 6 in person at a T-Mobile store today. It's not that much bigger than the 5S. In fact, seeing it further justified to me that the 6 Plus was the right choice for me, Bendghazi or no Bendghazi.

The battery kicks so much rear end, you guys.
On Friday before I sold my 5S, I compared my 6 to my 5S, and yeah, it's not that much taller, but the screen just feels like it's laid out sooooooooooooo much better than the one on the 5S. I used the 5S for a little while after getting the 6 and before selling it, and I almost immediately felt cramped using that screen.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
My absolute favorite aspect of the 6 over the previous models is the curved edge of the screen. It feels so much nicer.

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!

Avocados posted:

This is about unhelpful of a post as they come, but why not just slap an Otterbox onto it (or at least see how your current case bulks it up). I have a 5c and as much as I like the phone being naked and neon green, its incredibly more satisfying to hold with the extra weight and bulk. I'd say it's worth sticking around with it for a few weeks. You might not get a as much money back, but I think it's worth it since it's more up to date and presumably faster.

I'm mostly trying to convince myself that "heft does not equal quality." Remember buying PC games in the 90s? The heavier the game the better right?! Hopefully the $12 case I have coming adds some grip.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

My 6+ that I ordered around 3:45AM PST on launch day is finally "preparing for shipment", though supposedly still listed for Oct13-20 for delivery.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
My 6+ from Verizon's site shipped and will be here Friday. One week late is better than a month later I guess! :v:

Saw a buddy with a 6. Didn't get to handle it but it seemed to have looked like a slightly larger 5/5S.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

tonic posted:

My 6+ that I ordered around 3:45AM PST on launch day is finally "preparing for shipment", though supposedly still listed for Oct13-20 for delivery.

My 6+ that I ordered on Apple at like 3o minutes after the hour is due to be delivered tomorrow. Just, you know... for informational purposes. Hold tight dude. Mine had an October date too at first. Then it got bumped way up!

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

tonic posted:

I ordered my 6+ at 3:02am, and was scheduled to have it shipped by Oct 22, and it showed up on Monday even though ATT's website still kept the original date, so keep the faith!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wait, so... Are iPhone 6+'s out already?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Wait, so... Are iPhone 6+'s out already?

Mine came in to Sprint yesterday. I preordered at a retail store pretty late on the first day possible. Overall I'm pretty happy with the turnaround vs. the stated 4-6 weeks on the site's ship page.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

vty posted:

I'm seriously considering selling my iphone 6 for a 5s. Figure I could get $300 or so out of the deal. I honestly GREATLY prefer the 5s body to the 6. I've so far launched the 6 out of my hand 3 times (no damage, wood floors, case is enroute). Is anyone in the same boat or have you traded down? It seems like I'm one of the few that actually really liked the 5s body. It feels.. sturdy. Like it will hold up 3-4 years. My 6 feels like your run of the mill Android phone that I need to replace every year.

What's the storage on it? I've got a 5S with AppleCare+ in SA mart that I could add money to for it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The difference in screen size between the 6 and 5S isn't height, but it's both width and height. The 6 is huge.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
3:41 am ordered iPhone 6+ has been in my rancid goon hands since 2:11pm 9/19 no bends yet no case apple care represent.

Falco
Dec 31, 2003

Freewheeling At Last
Is there a specific time that Apple updates the availability for store pickup?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like a big batch of regular 6s went out from China last night.

Mine and everyone I know at work who preordered one (none of them did it on Friday, they all waited until the Monday) got shipment notices.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Sounds like that shipment hit me too, at least partially. I have a tracking# for my 64GB 6, but my wife's 16GB is still preparing for shipment. I figured they'd ship them at the same time. Oh well, new toy when I get home from work tomorrow.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Just got a tracking number for my 64GB 6+, it's due in via UPS by the end of tomorrow. Preordered through AT&T and the original shipping date was estimated 10/02-10/13, so those of you still waiting might see something populate soon too. I checked before lunch and wasn't seeing anything in the system other than that early-to-mid October date. Checked a few minutes ago and bam, there it was.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I got mine today. It was supposed to be here mid October. 64gb silver at&t. It's still shrinkwrapped until I decide whether or not I want to sell it.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Anyone received tracking for their 6+ that shipped from Apple.com in the last few days?

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
If I order today is it really going to take until the 24th of october to get the iphone 6+ ffs.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.

England Sucks posted:

If I order today is it really going to take until the 24th of october to get the iphone 6+ ffs.

I just cancelled my AT&T.com order that still had a 11/9 - 11/27 ship date. And I ordered it at 3:30 AM September 12th. Needless to say, I am no longer an AT&T customer. Apparently they accidentally cancelled my order then put me at the back of the line and no one in the entire company can do anything to change that, even the Office of the President whom I called after a nightmare of tech support.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ganeen posted:

I just cancelled my AT&T.com order that still had a 11/9 - 11/27 ship date. And I ordered it at 3:30 AM September 12th. Needless to say, I am no longer an AT&T customer. Apparently they accidentally cancelled my order then put me at the back of the line and no one in the entire company can do anything to change that, even the Office of the President whom I called after a nightmare of tech support.

You can probably just walk into an Apple Store and get a phone now.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/iphone6_grid.shtml

There isn't a Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T iPhone 6+ in any apple store in the whole country. I check this list every hour.

I might be going crazy.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I take it back now there is a 6+ silver 16GB Verizon phone available in Oxmoor, Kentucky. Literally the only non-Sprint 6+ available in the entire country.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Putting actual money on that list being bullshit. There are literally half dozens (!) at the one in Annapolis here.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

Can you please prove it? I don't see anything in the Annapolis store, and it goes against literally everything on the internet that I have read.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ganeen posted:

Can you please prove it? I don't see anything in the Annapolis store, and it goes against literally everything on the internet that I have read.

As it is 1:30AM, no, I cannot.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

The problem is, if any phones do arrive at the store, the way Apple has it setup they immediately become available for reservation online. Also I have to deal with all the Chinese resellers who line up every morning and buy 2 phones a day and ship them to china and make about a grand each phone.

I feel so hopeless. Only 4 weeks to go.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
Would local Tmobile stores have them in stock?

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

T-mobile is by far the hardest 6+ model to find because they come unlocked. Just keep it pre-ordered from apple.com and check http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/iphone6_grid.shtml every night between 11PM and 1AM for stock refreshes. So far it really really sucks try to find any 6 plus.

M_A_C
Jan 23, 2001

Ganeen posted:

T-mobile is by far the hardest 6+ model to find because they come unlocked. Just keep it pre-ordered from apple.com and check http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/iphone6_grid.shtml every night between 11PM and 1AM for stock refreshes. So far it really really sucks try to find any 6 plus.

So with the T-Mobile version, can I just plug my at&t sim card into it from my iphone 5 and it will work? My apple store has t-moblie available.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

Ganeen posted:

I don't live near an Apple store that is completely useless to me.

edit: had a friend running over to a Apple Store near me and I tried to buy some for pickup because it said there there were some in stock. Tried with 6 different phones. Each time I got through the checkout at the end I got a error message and when I checked again they weren't in Stock. Tried both normal iphone and iphones plus.

Something's fishy.

England Sucks fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Sep 26, 2014

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

M_A_C posted:

So with the T-Mobile version, can I just plug my at&t sim card into it from my iphone 5 and it will work? My apple store has t-moblie available.

I don't want to make untested claims, but I just got my TMobile 6 in Nigeria, hand delivered by my mom from the states who is here visiting. I took out the tmobile sim, put in my local sim, powered it on and it caught the network immediately. No fuss.

I don't think unlocking differentiates between world lock and national lock. As in I don't think they can unlock for international and still block ATT. Its all or nothing.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

EpicNemesis posted:

I don't think unlocking differentiates between world lock and national lock. As in I don't think they can unlock for international and still block ATT. Its all or nothing.

Actually, you can - I know this because Sprint is a bunch of assholes and does this currently - my completely paid off iPhone 5 was unlocked for international travel but "they can't" unlock it domestically.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

noirstronaut posted:

Putting actual money on that list being bullshit. There are literally half dozens (!) at the one in Annapolis here.

Are you basing that off the display models they have out? Those aren't for sale. Typically the only way you know what inventory a store has is to ask the staff or see what you can order online for personal pickup.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

fordan posted:

Are you basing that off the display models they have out? Those aren't for sale. Typically the only way you know what inventory a store has is to ask the staff or see what you can order online for personal pickup.

Yeah, I'm basing the actual inventory on the 12 display models.

it's actually because I used to work at the Annapolis store (last year) and every time one of these lists pops up, I'd have some customer walk in and say "Well, it says here that you have 32GB Space grey phones" when you'd have none. Pair that with the actual fact that Apple Stores get literal shipments full of random variations of phones, things like this are never to really adhere to unless it's right after work at 7PM. The phones that are reserved, those are ordered and held for customers or placed on priority, but anything after that is more or less free game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

England Sucks posted:

If it was a regular 6 probably not, but the Plus probably.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah, I'm basing the actual inventory on the 12 display models.

What am I supposed to think when you state definitively that the lists are wrong, but that you can't prove it because it's 1:30am? Most people who aren't actively hunting aren't asking the staff on a daily basis what their stock is.

noirstronaut posted:

it's actually because I used to work at the Annapolis store (last year) and every time one of these lists pops up, I'd have some customer walk in and say "Well, it says here that you have 32GB Space grey phones" when you'd have none. Pair that with the actual fact that Apple Stores get literal shipments full of random variations of phones, things like this are never to really adhere to unless it's right after work at 7PM. The phones that are reserved, those are ordered and held for customers or placed on priority, but anything after that is more or less free game.

This is more a misunderstanding by customers of what the lists are for and how they work, though I'd imagine it'd be frustrating for the Apple Store employees. They're supposed to be useful for seeing where where there are reservable phones within your acceptable driving distance and phones that you might be ok with even if it isn't your first choice "I want a 64GB Space Gray, but there's apparently a 128GB Gold available over in Christiana I can reserve and have tomorrow." It's just a screen scraping program that saves you from having to do lots of different searches on the online Apple Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

fordan posted:

What am I supposed to think when you state definitively that the lists are wrong, but that you can't prove it because it's 1:30am? Most people who aren't actively hunting aren't asking the staff on a daily basis what their stock is.

This is more a misunderstanding by customers of what the lists are for and how they work, though I'd imagine it'd be frustrating for the Apple Store employees. They're supposed to be useful for seeing where where there are reservable phones within your acceptable driving distance and phones that you might be ok with even if it isn't your first choice "I want a 64GB Space Gray, but there's apparently a 128GB Gold available over in Christiana I can reserve and have tomorrow." It's just a screen scraping program that saves you from having to do lots of different searches on the online Apple Store.

I don't know what you're supposed to think when someone can't prove that the inventory lists are more wrong than not when the store is closed, but to stretch that to "he's basing it off of the display models" is so incredibly long that it could straighten out iPhones from pure tension. The store is closed. How am I going to prove literally anything about inventory at 1:30AM? I can call up the store manager right now and ask the inventory and pretty much guarantee the list of available models differs from the list at this very moment. The list may be helpful in seeing what's been ordered and what's been going on before the constant shipments and sales literally going on right now, but to give it this seal of authenticity is farfetched and logically nonsensical.

• Locked thread