Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I think they are more likely to use him as a recurring antagonist, and maybe even occasional reluctant ally when facing poo poo that's bigger than SHIELD vs Hydra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

mikeraskol posted:

Ward, pissed at his defeat by Agent May, escapes wherever they are holding him and goes on a quest for supervillain powers in order to take down the team. That would be fun.

I don't see how they could do a redemption with a straight face considering he straight up murdered people. You don't really come back from that in TV shows.

Dying to save the team would be the only redemption really available.

It's more that he killed allies in cold blood of his own free will and betrayed the team under no duress. Deathlok killed people yet there's hardly even anything to redeem there.

I could still see him being "on the team" in a real crisis though. If hydra discover Skye's father is about to set off a terrigen mist bomb in the atmosphere I could see him teaming up with shield to stop it, especially if there's a late betrayal. Probably to do with hydra wanting it for themselves (to use selectively not set off worldwide).

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

e X posted:

I think it's pretty much impossible to be a Shield agent and not to run into a syringe full of a super serum at one point.

Sharon Carter / agent 13 is some rusty flirting away from being injected with super soldier serum in Captain America 2...

Edit: wait no Fury was there to cock block it anyway.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Have we actually had confirmation that the netflix shows will drop as a full series?
Here in the UK breaking bad was netflix exclusive towards the end yet it still released one episode a week. We're not privy to the actual contract so it may still include a staggered release.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

It also mirrors several posters here who were clinging to the idea ward was still a good guy. "He didn't shoot the dog, and he did that so they could survive!"

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

EricFate posted:

Last I checked, Disney still had their own broadcast network. The only reason ABC is even a necessary part of the equation is presumably to grab a wider audience than what cable would provide.

Disney have several broadcast networks.

ABC is one of them. If Disney want shield to carry on it carries on. The MCU is such a money spinner they'd be crazy cancelling it.

When will we get a SHIELD infinity play set?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

BreakAtmo posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if this is in fact one of the major reasons for Agent Carter's existence.

It's the whole reason for it being the mid season split. That said it exists because of the awesome agent carter short. If not for that they would have just had a long mid season break I'd guess. A single, long break makes sense and disrupts things far less than several one and two week gaps.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Quasipox posted:

I totally missed the Punisher/Microchip thing; was it just totally throwaway?

Also, I think this show has broken me. Anytime I hear or see the word Tahiti, my mind immediately fills in the "it's a magical place" line. They've had it as the clue/answer on Jeopardy a lot lately, which is either a coincidence or I used to be a S.H.I.E.L.D agent and was resurrected.

I'll let someone know if I start carving symbols...

I finally started watching The Flash last night. When Caitlin mentioned Tahiti I expected her to justify it with "It's a magical place".

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

They didn't. They spent the night talking about dogs.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Just before they find the city...

Skye says "Your acting like you saw the devil out there."

Obviously we know they saw her dad. That's not what I'm interested in. After the phrase "Devil out there", it cuts to Fitz who looks up. He starts out "red", then the lighting shifts to yellow, then back to red.

Normally that wouldn't mean anything. But with all the "clues" that Ward was evil... Yeah.

Fitz is going rogue, isn't he?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

So guys, do you think Ward shot Buddy or not?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Actually instead of being "puberty caused the X gene to kick in" it's "the mists caused K gene to kick in". Both are born with it. It's genetic. The difference is basically mutant genes exist through mutation inhuman genes through experimentation by kree. And mists instead of puberty to kick start the whole process.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

greatn posted:

Are the Eternals something completely different?

Also, could you be both a mutant and an inhuman?

Eternals are basically another god race aren't they? Like Asgardians.

And In thee MCU, no. There's no mutants here! In the comics I can't see why it wouldn't work if someone had both a mutated x gene and the inhuman gene and was then exposed. Although maybe the two aren't able to coexist viably?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

My bet is an infiltration by Stark coordinated by Maria Hill. As opposed to the avengers as a whole.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Well, they did intentionally draw our heroes to that location with the fake typewriter message.

Why they chose to lead them somewhere that would show off the little girls I have no idea. They could have sent them to a standard run of the mill military base to "discover" and "save" the good Doctor...

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

He needs a Baymaxesque rocket fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

I can't help think that she'd work best facing huge misogyny in her personal life mirrored by massive respect in her work life. The present / AoS time line remembers her as a founder and top top asset after all.

Uh in one of the iron man films Fury tells Stark his dad founded SHIELD. And they are a secret agency so of course they lied about their age?

Masonity fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 3, 2015

• Locked thread