Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

How many more episodes do we get before winter hiatus (and Agent Carter yaaaay)?

We have 9 more episodes left, then Agent Carter happens in January. Then the final 13 episodes come after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Potsticker posted:

You know, Agent Poots got the alien juice as well, I wonder why she's not going crazy and why Coulson doesn't seem concerned putting her on the job to study the writing.

Because of her lineage.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

"I've made a terrible mistake."

It was at this point that he needed some clean undergarments.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

It's kind of a moot point however, as neither Mutants nor Spider-Man exist in the MCU... for now anyway. Who knows what kind of inter-studio hankey pankey Disney's concocting for the Phase 3 MCU.

Considering they managed to negotiate & purchase the rights to show the Oscorp Tower in Avengers*, I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to get Spidey into Civil War somehow...

*By the time the negotiations & purchase was done, the CGI work for NYC was finsihed, and they didn't have time to go back and add it. :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

The brain damage effected his motor skills so he couldn't mess with the wires without doing something wrong

I think he also said that the others we busy with other things, so that left Trainspotting...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Or maybe it could be just what Agent Blake said in "Fzzt" - Coulson's personality has changed a bit since his death. She never said that she saw anything different with Coulson via X-ray, just that he'd changed.

I think Jamesman was talking about Akela in the episode "Eye Spy"...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DancinBrud posted:

I like that they had Palicki jump on an invisible jet in her first appearance on the show. Who needs Wonder Woman?

Nobody. Not even DC.

Cat Terrist posted:

It is fantastic. And getting better too.

It started great, and every episode just gets better.

Cat Terrist posted:

What the hell are people going on about a cow?

Before Simmons and Unwitting Dupe are called upstairs, they're reading a report, and mention something about milk.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Marvel blocked the one on Google Drive. See it on IO9 while you can!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wow. Marvel just said, "gently caress it!" and officially put the trailer on YouTube.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SirDan3k posted:

It's probably the right response, leaks are functionally impossible to plug once they are in the wild. They might toss some extra stinger footage on the AoS release to keep ABC happy.

My understanding is that what we're supposed to get Tuesday will show all of the characters. Vision is missing from this, and the one on io9...

Also, I think Marvel's initial reaction on Twitter was great:

@Marvel posted:

Dammit, Hydra.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 23, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

But the Hulk is a good guy I thought. Why would they fight him?

Check out Planet Hulk and World War Hulk.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Carrasco posted:

People keep saying this, and I have no idea why. Has he ever mimicked someone's skills at any point? Or is there more to Taskmaster than that?

People are trying to force existing characters into the show. Ward will never be Taskmaster. Skyedad will never be Mr. Hyde. Skye won't be... whoever they were trying to say.

They're pretty much their own characters. For the most part, Powered People will only show up as cameoes/guests. They won't be Full Time Cast Members.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tuxedo Jack posted:

With Ward, I agree with you, but didn't they say along the way that MacLachlan was definitely playing an existing character?

Yeah, I can't remember what they said about him. That's why I added in the "for the most part" part...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

e X posted:

So, bottom line, you are also just speculating with the available information.

No, I'm going by them saying that this show isn't about Supers, but about Regular People in a world of Supers.

I guess I should have said that there will be no Powered People on the Team as permnent cast members.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Clark Gregg says there will be new exclusive footage shown during Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Tuesday.

Irish Joe posted:

Captain Marvel a blonde. Skye is a brunette. It doesn't fit.

Are there are brunette superheroes? A Captain Bland, maybe?

Mockingbird is a blonde. But in the show, she's a brunette.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

She's actually changing her hair back to blonde! :flashfact:

Ah, neat. Maybe Trainspotting will be happy(-ish?) when it goes back to blonde...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scapegoat posted:

Hydra was in place from the start of AoS simply under a pseudonym before the Winter Solider reveal. Why can't Skye and dad be aliens who's real origins aren't explored until the Inhuman movie?

The team will think Skyedad is Asguardian (maybe Kree), and he won't tell them they're wrong. They might think Skye is half-Asguardian (-Kree). They'll discover later that they're Inhumans.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Classic Mistake Of Fighting Agent May #2: Getting close to Agent May.

Classic Mistake Of Fighting Agent May #1: Fighting Agent May.

Also, Christain Ward is 100% Pure Evil. He's a Senator. In Marvel Comicsland. ALL Senators there are 100% Pure Evil. Senator Kelly is Satan, and he put all other Senators into place.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Slamhound posted:

So what are the odds that the Ward family is Hydra, with the brothers playing a long game where they can stake out any position for or against?

I like this idea. The entire Ward family is HYDRA, each trying to out evil and out crazy the rest.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In case anyone in Canada, or other parts of the world, still haven't seen it, this is the Age Of Ultron teaser that was shown near the end of last night's episode.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

We're gonna find out that WellBro is really a good guy. Instead of letting all the poo poo Christian and Grant did to him sour him, he used it to make him a better person. Shortly after Grant was taken in by Garret, WellBro left his crazy-rear end, evil family, and changed his name to Clint Barton.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Just a reminder that there's no epsiode tonight. We're getting the 75 Years Of Marvel Comics special instead.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I guess I'm the only one who's gonna watch the Marvel 75th Anniversay thing tonight. S'all good, though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, first, it was Comcis making kids into raping murderers, and when that didn't work, they moved on to D&D and Video Games. :allears:

Solaris Knight posted:

Hi Howard.

I'm looking forward to Gorgeous Female Spy Adventures Kicking rear end In Boss Red Lipstick.

Yes, please! I'm hoping that next fall, we get an entire show, maybe on Thursdays. That would be so awesome.

Also, it seems Jarvis was a person. Intersting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sir Kodiak posted:

"Let's face it, I invented it, so it works," says character introduced demonstrating a hover car that immediately fails.

He didn't say it works the first time. Just that it works.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like the host alien being Kree has been confirmed on Twitter by Clark Gregg:

quote:

“@peggycarterr: @clarkgregg do you think the map is really the road to T.A.H.I.T.I? #AgentsofSHIELD” Tahiti graffiti from kree?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Wait, so does this mean that if Coulson had just let the experimental subjects keep writing until they figured it out and saw the complete 3D city, they wouldn't have had to wipe them?

The T.A.H.I.T.I. procedure's only flaw could be fixed by keeping a model around to show the crazy people, then it's a no-catch resurrection machine.

Except nobody knew what was going on at that point.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Anybody have a screen of the... screen when they got a match for the city? It said something under the green banner, but went by too fast for me to read it...

Argue posted:

Did you guys notice that the cast listing also gives away that Patton Oswalt will be playing yet another Koenig? So we have Eric, Billy, and now Sam.

That was revealed before Season 2 even started, at... NYCC, I think, when they announced that Bobbi would be joining the team.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 19, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ah, nothing important. Thanks for the screen!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

Did Raina touch it?

She did. She was freaking out, because she thought she was going to die.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, I guess it's a good thing that Truth Serum in Season 1 was fake. If it was real, that would have been preeeety awkward.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

Another thing: i don't get why he is working as a doctor despite clearly hating his clients to the point he don't mind killing them. At first, i thought it was him just being amoral but now we know his background if you add the fact his wife got some organs stolen and he seems angry skye don't understand the situation and thinks he is a monster, i think it's possible his violent behavior is a mean to an end, not just blind violence. It looks to me he became crazy because of what he need to do instead of doing what he does because he is crazy.

What better way to get revenge on the man who vivisected your wife than to learn how to doctor, and vivisect him?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

He jumped to save Simmons, not Fitz.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Muad'dad is just too good.

Unless you never watched that show, and thus have no fucks to give about it.

Error 404 posted:

Also, HER NAME IS NOT SKYE!

Well, until you tell us what it is, SkyeDad, it's Skye. :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Republican Vampire posted:

It's Mary-Sue Poots :colbert:

Gonna be funny if that's true.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No episode tonight because they're filming an Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D./Castle crossover.

Tweet 1:
Nathan FillionVerified account
‏“@Kyle_MacLachlan: On @AgentsofSHIELD I found @Castle_ABC sides in my coat. @NathanFillion ”

I need those back.

Tweet 2:
Ming-Na WenVerified account
‏Today's workday on #AgentsofSHIELD was extra special cuz the magnificent @NathanFillion came by to visit. @Castle_ABC was shooting nearby! :D

Tweet 3:
Clark GreggVerified account
Crossover alert #agentsofCASTLE ? #MalLives ? @nathanfillion http://fb.me/4bM0O8GD7

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, they planned it from the start. Brett Ward gave an interview after the episode with his HYDRA reveal aired. He said he was told to talk to the writers while they were shooting an episode, and he delayed it as long as he could, because he was thinking, "This is a Whedon show. Characters get killed off on Whedon shows. I guess it's my turn.".

When he finally went to talk to them, he was very surprised about the change they had planned, and loved it. And, of course, that it had to be kept secret until after TWS.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently, Irish Joe has bad opinions wherever he goes. Ignore him, and enjoy the ride.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Deadpool posted:

The show has been ticking up the last few episodes but this episode was up almost several hundred thousand viewers from last. (5.30 million vs 4.58 million) I'm happy to see the show firing on all cylinders is bringing people back. Or if it's not that then whatever it is.

I think a part of it is that Season 1 is now on Netflix, so a lot of people were able to bing watch, and then just decided to tune in and see how the new seaons compared.

IIRC, this is the first episode to air since Season 1 showed up on Netflix...

Cat Terrist posted:

They couldn't be more obvious Inhumans are about to be introduced and quite likely next week.

Some of the cast are saying on Twitter that next weeks episode will make last night's look boring in comparison. I feel a major cliffhanger coming on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nice new thread title!

Also, I've been sick all week, and while attempting to sleep last night, my mind kept wandering back to the question someone asked earlier in the thread: How are they going to get away from the HYDRA planes that just got the order to shoot them down?

My brain said that May will turn off the engines, making the S.H.I.E.L.D. plane plummet, and then she'll pull a Han Solo, and fly out of there in a fancy Millennium Falcon maneuver.

Deadpool posted:

A major shakeup perhaps? Sorry, don't want to get to too Gotham-y there.

Well, if Mack becomes an Inhuman, and Skye and Raina have the potential, too... Eh. I've got nothing.

• Locked thread