Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Dogchat? Hawkeye totally gets his dog back! Kate is totally coming back from LA.

Bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Putty Arrow Bro!!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"We are! The ninety-nine percent! We are!"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ToastyPotato posted:

I wish she was given a more human character to play on the actual show.

She didn't shut up on the Nerdist panel, life of the party.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Xena's not dead, haven't you guys learned anything yet

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He built a Lightsaber, bionic arm is nuffin

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Silly question: The self-sealing hot weld the Howling Commandos used on the 084 box in the opener. Is that an actual real-life thing? If so, what's it called?

I'm tipping some kind of thermite tape, which may or may not exist. Thermite's original use was for welding stuff, and there different types of thermite for different things. Never seen or heard of anyone actually using a tape based thermite, probably work of a self lighting magnesium ribbon.

I've never seen it or heard of it working in construction over 20 years

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bullshit, no one saw that coming

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sperg get OCD about closure, even if they hate it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm pretty sure that was just the Afrika Korps logo

^100% confirmed DAK seal

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Melinda May, looking good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this? posted:

Reminder that she is 51 years old.

gently caress, i didn't know that. Asian women eh.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Butts posted:

Everybody ages differently and it isn't an inherent trait in any race.

Well it kind of is. It's a diet thing too though. It's a fairly well known thing that Asian women often look a lot younger for a lot longer.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fitz subconscious having the hots for Mac was amazing

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He certainly knows a shitload of stuff about alien stuff

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hydra leaked the trailer. Ultron is a clusterfuck of a mistake by the good guys.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Sharmat posted:

Where the gently caress do you live that Mockingbird is considered plain-looking? Because I want to move there.

Irelands full of Polish chicks man...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avengers 3 better have Hulk in his wonderfully fitting Stark tech armor. :colbert:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
or a Tank.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think they'll ever make Ward an outright villain again. That ship may have left port. My completely unsubstantiated guess is that they'll eventually be going for a "chipped Spike" situation where they figure out a way to enforce his loyalty and maybe even trust in that enforcement, but he'll never be part of "the team" either.

Tipping Ward will get sprung and end up working for Sky's dad, who has his own agenda over Hydra.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hot Dayuuumm!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Ownager posted:

I never read them either, but I know enough about them to realize they missed the mark entirely.

The central character needs to be pretty much a hard boiled British conman or it's already off the rails. Any word on the TV show?

Watch the show, it's hard boiled and plenty british

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's filming Strange Empire, is he not
?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hell yeah!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shut your loving face.

Broads, hats and old timey speed boats. Needs moar cigarettes though

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 7, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How is it possible to judge a shows pacing by one single scene?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe its one of the scenes that is finished, who knows.

I'm not defending it, although it was great. Just seems like a neckbeard thing to do, panning the entire thing from one scene, watched out of context.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You think she'd remember having a child about Skye's age.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was it mentioned that she was part Chinese? I thought they mentioned something about being in China and Skyes dad.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Born in a small Chinese village in Hunan Province, the child who would eventually become known as Skye was merely an infant when her parents butchered the entire village populace. It was speculated that the villagers were trying to protect the girl from her own parents, who were dangerously unstable sociopaths." from the wiki

She's Chinese born. Everyone wins.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Van Camp is Agent 13 doofus. she was at the CIA after Winter Soldier.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hogwash

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nerdrage -
Nerdrage is both the emotion felt when a nerd is exposed to something that directly contradicts the core beliefs of their obsession, and the reactionary diatribe by the nerd that inevitably follows.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr Beens posted:

Could we not give away poo poo like this - even though it is speculation based on the comics and it might not even come to pass, poo poo like "its on the loving moon" should come as a suprise to most people and be really exciting, not "oh yeah it's on the moon as some comic nerds waffled about it 6 months ago".

In a TV thread full of Marvel nerds? Good luck with that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys have issues.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

S2E09 synopsis, contains extremely vague spoilers:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23684/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_.ye_who_enter_here

I don't buy the Inhumans theory myself, but it sounds like we should find out fairly soon whether there's any merit to it.

You don't have to buy it man, but they are sure as poo poo selling it.

Where is it losing you, just out of curiosity?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

The notion that Marvel Studios proper would let a mere TV series, one with which by all indications they have minimal hands-on creative involvement, be the first to take the Inhumans toys out of the box.

By that, I don't just mean that this show can't introduce Black Bolt, Medusa, etc.; I'm sure that's obvious enough to everyone. What I can't get past right now is the idea that Studios would allow SHIELD to deliver some non-trivial modicum of exposition about (some combination of) Inhuman society, their quasi-cosmic origins, or Terrigenesis - and with the city as the main focus of the final episodes of the year, surely some modicum of exposition about its origins and purpose is necessary. Not before those crucial backstory elements are set up in a film with a much, much bigger budget in which Feige et al. actually have their hands, anyway.

Backstories and characters aside you need the mythos. Getting a grip on what a kree and Inhuman is, will take some carefully placed flash cards for your average dimwit.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

Does it? Thor and GotG introduced entire corners of the MCU with relatively little setup in previous films (GotG had a bit more in Avengers and TDW's credits scenes, but as far as the actual story went it was easily one of the more self-contained films Marvel has done), and Dr. Strange looks to do the same for the magic side of the MCU.

That said, Feige did more or less say that there would be some Inhumans setup in the MCU sooner than November 2018. I just don't think SHIELD is what he was referring to.

I dunno man, AoS isn't an island, shits happening in the universe. It's good to have movie level mythos and possibly characters come in to this show so the movies are not crammed full of stuff that can have a season of TV to be introduced, and then tent pole the greater story. It works for me, thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

...well, obviously it's one universe, but what "movie-level mythos and characters" thus far have been introduced in the TV series first? The closest thing is the presumably-Kree corpse, and they likely only got away with showing that before GotG by revealing absolutely nothing about what it was or where it came from in S1. Not really a workable model for every ongoing subplot.

I didn't say any had, i said it would be good to have it (if that is indeed what they are doing).

I think your being super nit picky about it. Anything that expands the universe for the better is totally fine with me. But it's your right to protest homeslice, go nuts.

• Locked thread