Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Tarquinn posted:

Gawd, I hope they do not gently caress this up by coming up with a redemption arc for Ward.

I said it in the old thread and I say it again, keeping Ward evil actually allows them to show us the supervillain side of MCU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
That reminds me, how exactly is Coulson supposed to rebuild Shield. It's an international law enforcement organization, not exactly something one guy can decide to do on his own.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Codependent Poster posted:

Fury left him a lot of toys. After that it's just recruiting.

Coulson doesn't need toys, he needs authority. Which he doesn't have, which is actually plot point in AoS. And for some reason, I doubt the power that be would happily reissue the organization that just turned out to be a a stronghold of a secret nazi cult.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I think it's pretty much impossible to be a Shield agent and not to run into a syringe full of a super serum at one point.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Got to be honest, this all looks like a lot more early season one to me.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I still hope he turns into Taskmaster. Or just that Taskmaster turns up really. Marvel has a couple of low level super characters that would work great in a television setting and Taskmaster is just 100% entertaining.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
It really probably isn't. All the other gems so far were amazingly powerful, with world destroying consequences. The staff could control one person at a time, could be stopped by a simple metal plate over the heart and cured by a tap on the head. If it were a gem, you should be able to control thousands of people at a time.

But anyway, yes, this was awesome. I freely admit that I was pretty cynical, the commercials really didn't sell me on the new season and I fully expected it lose all the momentum of the last few episodes and go back to being a rather underwhelming monster of the week show. Boy was I wrong. They basically fixed everything that was a problem with the first season, have an ongoing thread from the get go and gave all the characters a lot more characterization and moves them away from the walking cliches they were and all the chaarcters they added are pretty interesting on their own.

I am actually pretty stoked for the next episode.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

JT Smiley posted:

I will never understand how anyone can sit through 20 plus episodes of a show they don't even like.

Because of The Winter Soldier. And it proofed right. Also, maybe we should stop focusing on the last season and simply embrace the second one, since we seem to all agree that it was a pretty great premier.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

a cock shaped fruit posted:

This. All of this. So many people speak with such bile regarding the first season - Yeah, it plodded a bit but I still watched and enjoyed each episode. I just enjoyed the show a great deal more when the wheels REALLY started turning and we got a cohesive plot that upped the stakes and came off the amazing action in The Winter Soldier.

I personally can't imagine living a life that involves getting home from work, changing into your casual clothes, heating up some microwave popcorn and sitting down in front of your TV to breathlessly say "Right, lets watch this loving bullshit" while sporting a grimace on your face that could rival Kratos.

Background noise.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Yay, Captain Crazybeard!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, is that supposed to be Madame Hydra or just some random female Hydra officer?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Hydra's stormtroopers look incredible silly in those hats.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Deadpool posted:

Better than the yellow and green jumpsuits.

Most certainly not! :colbert:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, I can't remember what they said about him. That's why I added in the "for the most part" part...

So, bottom line, you are also just speculating with the available information.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Kheldarn posted:

No, I'm going by them saying that this show isn't about Supers, but about Regular People in a world of Supers.

I guess I should have said that there will be no Powered People on the Team as permnent cast members.

Which really, has nothing to do with Skye's father, then. The show already had plenty of super powered foes and Mr. Hyde would simply fit his behavior rather well. Also, his back story leaves plenty of room for alien interference. And the point you bring up is exactly why people go to Taskmaster, since he is a character whose 'powers' are low profile enough to actually be done on a tv show budget. Though, there are plenty of Hydra goons or associates who would also fit the bill, but Taskmaster is sort of a fan favorite. In any event, it's not that people forcing characters into show, it's just people speculating on something the show did all along: Name dropping existing Marvel characters and incorporating them into the story.

And that quote is pretty obviously for the people who were allegedly whining about the lack of the big name superheroes on the show.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Honestly, I really doubt that we will see any actual Inhuman related stuff. Similar to Hydra, the big reveal will come in the movie, not on the tv show. Hence, I doubt Skye will have any real connection to the Royal Family.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
They will never put important information for a movie in the show. That they are not doing origin stories anymore probably means we wont see yet another movie were the protagonist learns a lesson and steps up to be the hero they need to be in the face of newly acquired powers/problems (Iron Man, Iron Man 2 Cap 1, Thor), not that they wont explain the origin of something. So, the Doctor Strange movie wont be about an arrogant surgeon who suffers a career ending hand injury, only to ravel to the Himalaya and become the mystic protector of Earth, it will start with him already being the Sorcerer Supreme.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Okay, where does the idea that Germans but a "yes" at the end of their sentences come from?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Republican Vampire posted:

Agents of SHIELD is never going to essential. But that doesn't mean that it's not going to have plotlines that lead into the films or have plotlines that lead out of them. That, after all, is the purpose of the TAHITI and Clairvoyant storylines: To lead out of Avengers and into Captain America 2.

They're laying it on really thick that something to do with the Kree and with human/Kree genetic experiments is going to happen. The whole human/kree thing seems like a huge part of Phase 3 what with the Captain Marvel, the Inhumans, and the overarching merger of the 'Cosmic' world of the Kree and the Guardians of the Galaxy with the cape stories of the previous films.

I don't think anyone's realistically expecting Black Bolt and pals to turn up imminently. Personally I don't expect the lost city to even be there, what with the Inhumans having a mobile capital. But you seem super invested in this show somehow being totally separate from the rest of the MCU and that's weird.

Then, what do you expect to be there. Because once you cut anything essential about the backstory, any characters and any events, there is not much left what they could put in the series as a lead-in plotline.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

The same thing we got with the Clairvoyant, but better executed: a mystery plot that builds to something that becomes an issue in the movies and is realized in the show.

So... a clue rather than an explicit reference, a direction rather than an exposition dump.

So, no connection at all? Because if we get something similar for the Inhumans, it basically would be a clue that points complete in the wrong direction. Prior to TWS, the Clairvoyant was always presented as an superpowered outside source, not a hint at him might being a Shield agent.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
American ads are weird as gently caress.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I genuinely don't know whom I believe here. This amazing an amazing scene.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

I said "better executed" for a reason, dude. You might want to learn what words mean, because that means something other than "exactly the same."

I genuinely wanted to know what you actually have in mind, since the secrecy about the plot of TWS was one of the things that clearly dragged season one down, but if you want to act like an rear end instead, have it your way.

For the episode, I missed the first few minutes, is Fitz not using his hands connected to his injury or something new? Because I never noticed it before.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Man Chris does now his brother, doesn't he?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I genuinely don't believe anything either of them is saying. Great scene!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
...Who did they thought he was? I mean, he walked in with the guys that were shooting at them.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Jesus!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Ward is the greatest thing about this season.

Also, great call on the brainwashing of Bobbie. Not 100% certain of course, but they are definitely hinting that she still is a Hydra agent.

edit: A sexy Hydra agent!

e X fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 19, 2014

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

achillesforever6 posted:

Do you think they had sex?

Nah, they were talking about dogs.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
It's a crazy-off!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

twistedmentat posted:

Was there a preview for next week? CTV seems to think people over 14 care about the American Music Awards.

Yes. Most important info, no episode next week.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I think the Inhumans are right up there with Dr. Strange as characters who are technically important to the MU, but practically were never poplar enough to warrant their own series.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Phylodox posted:

No, I think it's pretty obvious what it means.

Fitz is Daredevil!

Nah, Fitz is not entirely right in the head.

Fitz will be Moonknight

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Honestly, shows like BSG and Lost basically represent the teething troubles of the modern, story arc based shows that we got with the emergence of Netflix and binge watching. Shows that try to appear as if you are experiencing some great narrative, even though that is not actually the case and made up as you go along. Being able to actually go back and rewatch it at any given time and constantly discussing it online makes viewers a lot less forgiving when it comes to inconsistencies and sloppy story telling. I mean, X-Files basically did the same thing and it still has a pretty good reputation, despite the fact that it's underlying narrative never went anywhere and isn't rally internally consistent.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, why does Flash air but AoS doesn't? If it is because of Thanksgiving, which I guess is at one point this week (?), wouldn't that effect all channels? Or do different channels handle holidays that differently?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

First Bass posted:

Buddy is Man-Thing. :smugdog:

Can't be, he is the little brother, not the giant one.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Sammus posted:

Shouldn't they watch Thor 2 somewhere in there as well?

No. The only relevant bit is that Thor, at one point, fought in London and that teleportation was involved. And they tell you that in the episode.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Did Joss Wheadon step up his involvement, because I am having Buffy flashbacks here.

edit: aaand beaten.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
This show got so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The Königs are awesome :allears:

• Locked thread